WoH 2/10/20: 560 Paul Molitor (Runners on, FIYA) Legend Prize

Comments

• fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Kiner, but you're late to the party with him. Wait for the next stud. I dumped Smith last night; not a fan of that skill combo. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    Kiner, but you're late to the party with him. Wait for the next stud. I dumped Smith last night; not a fan of that skill combo. 

Yeah don't know when that will be and I need a Babe solution now that he's well above what is advertised.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Good lord Gibson is just abusing my new Greene. Poor fella is 0-4 now with 2 9 and outs and 2 9 and outs after he got to 4-3.

BSD Brett is 1-1. LOL

Makes total sense.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited February 2020
    whammo911 said:

Dude.... agreed 😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Am I the only one who Greene is absolutely useless for against Gibson?

0-6 now. Again, 9 and out, video reboot, get to 4-3, then 9 and out again. I can't clear Gibson LOL

I mean, I CAN clear Gibson but...

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @drsmartassphd i clear gibson with green (20/20) like at a 90+% success rate with video only. not sure what you're doing wrong but again it seems like there's gotta be manual error on your end. key word that you don't get offended when i tell you that you may suck at this game is SEEMS
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

0-6 now. Again, 9 and out, video reboot, get to 4-3, then 9 and out again. I can't clear Gibson LOL

This is a USELESS question without talking skill level.

my 17/17 Green beats him easily with a video boost 95% of the time.

maybe 2-3 losses ever since I got him.

LOL. Again, BSD Brett cleared earlier with only two curve outs on one attempt earlier. When I reported Babe's stats, that's how I got there.

My Greene isn't that high yet. He's only 16/16, but his overall is still above BSD Brett to start the roung. This shouldn't be happening like that. 2-6 I could understand.

G10 16/16. I'll chalk it up to RNG and just put Brett back at 6.9 again Greene is an auto sim at 6.6.

criffy said:
    @drsmartassphd i clear gibson with green (20/20) like at a 90+% success rate with video only. not sure what you're doing wrong but again it seems like there's gotta be manual error on your end. key word that you don't get offended when i tell you that you may suck at this game is SEEMS

Can you hit HRs on him with Greene? I double the heck out of him.

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    He is the real question. Why the hell can I not sim Verlander haha.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    criffy said:

i don't think it's possible to hit homers off of gibby anymore. ever since the 560 bump

BSD is now 2-2 against Gibby. LOL.

I leveled up Kiner to G10 16/16 (so far) for Babe. Solid results first try. 6-4 and 6-4 before shenanigans.

Can't cycle cap but hope I can beat it 3 - 4 times.

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Dykstra made short work of Gibson and Smith gold 13/13 homered and beat Ruth with 80g boost. The least they could have done is give doppelgänger Molitor his 2b position. 
    criffy said:
    criffy said:

i don't think it's possible to hit homers off of gibby anymore. ever since the 560 bump

Weird how my Griffey just hit three HR's off of Young on 6.8 and Young is also 580. Griffey is just 540 with 15/15 skills for me. Video boost only.

Wonder why this happens, but you can't homer off Gibson at 560 or Ruth at 580?

It is OK. That was a rhetorical question. LOL

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Young gives up a lot of HRs. I’ve taken him deep many times with the Shoe Dentist. Don’t think I’ve ever hit one against Gibson. 
    Matthews G10 16/16 got abused by Gibby. After my one and only completion over the weekend Gibby has become such a pain in the butt.
    @criffy: happy to report I gave Greene another try and lowered BSD Brett down to 6.7. Greene has just cleared twice in a row with nay a curve out. Literally one extreme or the other. Unreal

Got to Babe. 6-4 loss. Glad i got the free player from the box lol
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    Another day of frustration WoH is here 
    Got to Babe. 6-4 loss. Glad i got the free player from the box lol

I'm now 0-4 with G10 Kiner 17/17 with 80 boost.

I'm officially done after my last try.

Twice in a row, I had the game tied 6-6 with no outs. First time, I had runners on first and third, then the shenanigans started. Could not get any of those curves past the infield to try and get the runner home. In fact, got the runner thrown out. I knew better than to swing, but after the first two curve outs I had to try something.

Got to extras. Batter up. 9 and out.  Just brutal.

Video reboot....

Second time, again 6-6, no out, runner on first. 9 and out. This time, three pitches looked like they went through Kiner and they weren't a ball. Earlier in the inning one was called a ball and I walked.

Got to extras. Batter up. 9 and out again. Big loopers nowhere near the plate.

Yeah, this just isn't fun anymore. LOL

I'm going take a nap then play NES the rest of the day.

Good luck to everyone.

G10 16/16. I'll chalk it up to RNG and just put Brett back at 6.9 again Greene is an auto sim at 6.6.
    Bluntly...I don't think 16/16 is sufficient for anything 6.8 or later.  I think you need to plan on taking a guy to a minimum of 17/17 if you plan on using him there.  For me, I wouldn't bother leveling a guy you can't take there.  Otherwise you're just beating your head in to the wall
    DirectFX said:
    Another day of frustration WoH is here 

Well, we kinda put this on ourselves. We know GLU is rigging the players skills well above advertised, yet here we are, forking over money to get the best players, up their skills, only to have to wait hours for solid RNG. My fun with cycle capping at gold lasted a month before GLU pulled this stunt.

Sucks, but it is what it is. Things are only going to get worse next year if they are expanding to 100 other countries. The amount of money pouring in from new suckers will just encourage the current behavior.

edited February 2020

Bluntly...I don't think 16/16 is sufficient for anything 6.8 or later.  I think you need to plan on taking a guy to a minimum of 17/17 if you plan on using him there.  For me, I wouldn't bother leveling a guy you can't take there.  Otherwise you're just beating your head in to the wall
    I agree, but I dont want to say anything because my Butler at 16/16 never fails at 6.8 lol.

Also if history repeats then we may see x2 this week. Ill finish capping some skillz

Well, Greene was clearing again earlier at 6.9 16/16. Don't know...Either way, not playing again the rest of the day. I've had enough and wasted too much money (again) trying to keep up with the Joneses.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm simply saying that if you are not building in the cost of skills to 17/17 when doing the "can I level this guy" calculation at this stage in the season, you are setting yourself up for failure
    edited February 2020
    I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm simply saying that if you are not building in the cost of skills to 17/17 when doing the "can I level this guy" calculation at this stage in the season, you are setting yourself up for failure

That's exactly what I did, sir. Built up enough LxP, Evo, etc to level up two guys to at least G10 17/17 today for the sole purpose of trying to cycle cap WoH at Gold like I did for a few weeks. You guys helped me get to Gold and it was a good time for a little while.

The game is just going a different direction. I just can't afford to go with it any longer.

I admit: the primary reason I'm so pissy today is because, like a frigging dumbass, I gave GLU more money this weekend with the high hopes of improving my team for this event. Once again I was duped. I know I can beat Babe. I did it for well over a month.

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    For reference...

at gold :

560 Mathews with skill 20/20 is 7/7 at 6.8, no boost
    580 Green with skills 20/20 is 7/7 at 6.9, video boost
    560 Kinner with skills 20/20 is 6/8 at 6.10, 80 gold boost

i really think you have to get those skills higher when you are in gold.
    I took everyones advice, and beat babe with a vid boost. using G10 Yount 16/17

That's exactly what I did, sir. Built up enough LxP, Evo, etc to level up two guys to at least G10 17/17 today for the sole purpose of trying to cycle cap WoH at Gold like I did for a few weeks. You guys helped me get to Gold and it was a good time for a little while.

The game is just going a different direction. I just can't afford to go with it any longer.

I admit: the primary reason I'm so pissy today is because, like a frigging dumbass, I gave GLU more money this weekend with the high hopes of improving my team for this event. Once again I was duped. I know I can beat Babe. I did it for well over a month.

Well the silver lining then is that today's WOH Legend guy sucks and isn't worth capping