WoH 2/10/20: 560 Paul Molitor (Runners on, FIYA) Legend Prize

124Next

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @bobdylan_fan i was going to level Schmidt, but somehow Glu gods threw me a bone and I pulled Yount for free. I would think his results would be similar ish to Yount, but instead having no skills to start.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

If you are a diamond player, the odds are better with a "no lit dingers" to start. Lower levels, not so much.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    IMO, WoH HoF is one of the better skill-based parts of the game
    Not sure how to say this but there is zero skill involved WOH.  You get the pitches or you dont and thats based on HIT rating vs pitcher STUFF rating.   The skill portion is done in making leveling decisions 
    Totally agree @Mattattack. At first I used to think that where I tapped on the screen made a difference as to whether I got a hit. I would try to strategically place my thumb right in front of the plate thinking I would be making contact on the bat’s sweet spot and increase my chance of getting a hit (LOL). I’d also add that there is some “skill” in choosing the right matchups, knowing which hitter to use against each pitcher. Also, it can be helpful in timing your swing on  designated out pitches to make sure runners can advance. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    What? I don't have to tap left handed for lefty batters and right handed for righties??? I wish I knew this months ago....dang.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So nobody here goes both ways?!?!

(I don't)

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts

So nobody here goes both ways?!?!

(I don't)

Only on Tuesdays, but thank goodness today isn't... oh wait, it is??!  Son of a...
    Just no.  
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Skiing with the boys doesn’t always take place on the slopes....
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    So because I am bored of cycling woh for nothing other than lxp, I decided to see if I could cycle with my side project Blue Jays lineup. It's decent although lacking a strong finisher from both sides of the plate. I was also curious if this weak lineup would finally experience the 9 straight curve outs the good doc continues to experience. I had even less time than normal to play so goofing around seemed like a good idea. Figured it would be another useless reward too, but I actually like Molitor for non-woh modes more than Matthews so I capped him. I'm a big Molitor fan and I've been waiting for a decent version to use. Anyways here is my side project roster:

Surprised myself completing my first cycle in about 40 minutes on my lunch break (1/1 vs Babe with Vladdy 510, 16/16 on skills), only slightly slower than my normal 30-35 minute cycle times. I have an older, slower phone.

Got home with maybe 1 hour 45 minutes left. Got stuck for over an hour on level 5.10 of all places with Olerud losing 7 straight times (I didn't want to "waste" my video continue and I was so surprised to be struggling) and then Fernandez losing twice. Fernandez finally did it third try, leaving me only time to get to Babe 2 more times if fairly smooth.

Got to Babe first time no issue, lost 6-4 then 6-1. Tried getting through one last time but Gibson became a problem and I lost twice with Olerud to him (16/16 skills on Olerud).

Pretty happy with the performance with limited time available. I\d like to test the roster again at some point but I'll probably be back in my competitive Cooperstown club next week. Maybe after 2020 releases I'll try again since I'm not playing next year anyways.

At no point did I receive 9 straight unhittable pitches to end an inning. I did get 6 in a row to take a round to extras, followed by 3 more in extras, but then I got hittable pitches. Too small a sample to say anything conclusive, but it does make me want to see a video of whatever the heck the good doctor is seeing.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    The 9 consecutive curve outs don't happen anywhere near as frequently as they did before....and since the bump to the woh pitchers, I've experienced more with Gibson than I have with anyone else.
    It's all done with mirrors