What was the point of the 3 bracket system?

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
How come my Majors bracket is always dominated with Cooperstown clubs?  The way this looks is there will be no 1 thru 4 majors prizes.  Means Glu doesn't have to award quite a bit of resources and accolades.   More deceitful Glu tactics.

Comments

• Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Millecors said:
    How come my Majors bracket is always dominated with Cooperstown clubs?  The way this looks is there will be no 1 thru 4 majors prizes.  Means Glu doesn't have to award quite a bit of resources and accolades.   More deceitful Glu tactics.
    This is a known issue and it has been forwarded to the developers.  It should be corrected post haste.👌👍🙈🙄
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    This is a known issue and it has been forwarded to the developers.  It should be corrected post haste.👌👍🙈🙄
    Must be my wifi
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This is another one of those fight club things
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    What I don’t understand is in our first CVC match we (Major Club) we’re matched up with a Cooperstown. Ok fine sandbag it and lost, then got matched up with an even better Cooperstown team at a much higher rank and lost easily. Now third match against a 200 ranked team vs our 1200 rank. WTF ???
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    likenight said:
    What I don’t understand is in our first CVC match we (Major Club) we’re matched up with a Cooperstown. Ok fine sandbag it and lost, then got matched up with an even better Cooperstown team at a much higher rank and lost easily. Now third match against a 200 ranked team vs our 1200 rank. WTF ???
    Clubs level is irrelevant in CVC - other factors determine who you face each match
    Like what?
    if I keep losing and scoring low how do I get matched up with progressively better opponents?
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    they are possibly scoring low too for a better match up
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    @likenight, when a high end cvc matchup occurs, it’s because that team wanted to face you. There is a strategy to cvc for those top 5 clubs. It doesn’t mean they go balls out every time
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited February 2020
    In 9th and only 12.5 billion points behind DFBB in my majors bracket ;-) He‘s got a little work to do though. 

I’m glad to see our moderator is still around. 
    @likenight, when a high end cvc matchup occurs, it’s because that team wanted to face you. There is a strategy to cvc for those top 5 clubs. It doesn’t mean they go balls out every time
    I still don’t get it. 
    I rank 1100 after first match. (Intentionally lose.) 
    Matched against 500 rank. (Intentionally lose again) 
    I rank 1200 after second match. 
    Matched against 200 rank. (Intentionally lose again)
    Am I to be matched against a top 100 now?
    I mean I know I have horrible luck but come on. 

likenight said:
    I still don’t get it. 

Most clubs (95%) are basically solo clubs. If your first match puts up say 200k, and you match it, then you will fall into the “dead zone”. You will be fighting rabid dogs all day. Use logic. It’s ok to lose
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    likenight said:
    I still don’t get it. 

You're losing wrong. If you're going to lose on purpose, then totally punt the round and score one point. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    retirepujols said:
    You're losing wrong.
    For some reason, that strikes me as the single best description of life that I have ever seen...
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    likenight said:
    I still don’t get it. 

Rank also has nothing to do with who you will be matched against..... after round 1 it is all about the previous round points scored 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Glu should just be honest about the tiers. They affect the rewards you get but have nothing to do with brackets. It’s yet another thing in this game that simply isn’t as advertised. Their initial excuse for the mixed brackets was that not everyone had updated to the latest version of the game. Sure, that’s it.