No more player returns?? Glu / CS are liars!!

ROCKIESFAN303ROCKIESFAN303 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts

Comments

• ROCKIESFAN303ROCKIESFAN303 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Check the CS screen shots! I was told less than a month ago I would be able to get players back I had turned in, only to have this BS and no definitive answer from anyone as to why all of a sudden their "policy" changes prevent them from doing it now!?!? The amount of money that is spent on this game for them not to even be able to answer these simple questions is criminal and I don't know about you, but I'm done with GLU 2019 and wont be playing or more importantly PAYING anymore money on their apps! 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Check the CS screen shots! I was told less than a month ago I would be able to get players back I had turned in, only to have this BS and no definitive answer from anyone as to why all of a sudden their "policy" changes prevent them from doing it now!?!? The amount of money that is spent on this game for them not to even be able to answer these simple questions is criminal and I don't know about you, but I'm done with GLU 2019 and wont be playing or more importantly PAYING anymore money on their apps! 
    u willingly traded them in stop whining 
  • spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    This makes me sympathize with Glu customer support if this is what they're dealing with on a daily basis.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

No offense to the OP, but even I know better than to ask for that. Once you dump a guy, that's it.

However, I CAN sympathize with getting two different answers. CS essentially created their own problem there by simply not giving the correct answer the first time.

As stated here hundreds of times: A GAME MANUAL WOULD CLEAR ALL THIS UP

But GLU doesn't want to issue one, simply out of greed. One way to make more money is to keep customers guessing and figuring things out on their own. Solid strategy and works beautifully.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I'm actually with OP here. He was told very clearly last month that he would be allowed to have players put back on his team. Now, I, knowing Glu and their dodgy, insincere customer service, would have passed this off as them not knowing what they were talking about. I have seen Glu give completely contradictory information many times, so I know how OP feels. OP was promised that he would be given the opportunity to have players given back, and, when he asked for them, CS gave the most vague, unhelpful answers. They completely ignored his questions and gave no specific reason why he could not be given them back. 

This is another instance of Customer Service being completely disconnected from the rest of the game. It seems as if they know nothing about the game, know nothing about its rules, and can rarely fix things, as I have recently seen. This is indicative of a bigger problem this game has: the lack of communication between the players and the producers.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

At this point you have to accept this as part of their business/growth strategy.

They consistently give their customers at all levels the middle finger, yet this game is more popular than ever before.  They realize keeping many things about the game "up in the air" is making them gobs of money. We, the customers, only have ourselves to blame if we keep paying them.

Also, how can the CS reps stay consistent when there is no basic instructional guide?  The answer is they can't.  Again, this is all by design to get more money from us suckers.  And it is working.

I almost wonder if GLU has a banner in their offices that says "Eff the customer". LOL

If there is a flow chart on how to help, my guess is "how does this screw the customer?" is the first thing to approach in any given situation.

The reality is we are giving hundreds, and in many cases, THOUSANDS of dollars to an immoral, unethical, company, and they are responding like an unethical company would. I've worked for companies like this. That's ultimately why I won't play this great game in 2020.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    This makes me sympathize with Glu customer support if this is what they're dealing with on a daily basis.
    They do things as one time courtesies. You have to learn and not repeat behaviors expecting them to bail you out each time. That will never happen. I side with CS on this whole-heartedly. 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    They do things as one time courtesies. You have to learn and not repeat behaviors expecting them to bail you out each time. That will never happen. I side with CS on this whole-heartedly. 
    He traded them under the assumption that he could get them back. CS literally told him he could get his players back as long as they had records of him having said player. They obviously keep pretty good records, judging from the amount of data they know such as knowing exactly when you open a box or make a purchase. 

CS blatantly lied to him and refused to explain to him why. There is no way they are in the right here.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited February 2020
    It says "we can put them back"... not we will everytime you cry....
    CS should've said something about a 1-time courtesy, or in limited instances, etc.. to shut this down, that is where they messed up
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I agree with CS on this one. There have been times when I accidentally trade in a player and notice it immediately. It has only happened once or twice but each time CS has given the player right back to me. It is my understanding it was a one or two time courtesy and if I would have used the XP that I got from trading in said player, they would not have returned him. They take back the traded in XP when they return him to your team. This is why we have an inactive section and are able to lock players. 
    I totally understand the argument that CS told him he would be able to do so, but you have to be fairly naive to think this would be allowed in the first place. Maybe @ROCKIESFAN303 is new to the game and didn’t know any better. I can understand that as well, as I went through some frustrating times when I first started playing. 
    The bottom line is, Glu is a business that has to make money. Every move they make has a monetary reasoning behind it. Their CS Reps are not the game developers. It would be more helpful if their CS Reps understood the game better, but one thing is for sure. If you treat any CS Rep from any company poorly, don’t expect to get positive responses. I feel every one of the CS Reps responding to those rants had to restrain themselves from being negative right back
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    While I agree that when you trade in a player you cannot expect to get him back whenever you want, the problem I think lies in the inconsistency with CS.

The easy solution is just not to allow them to return traded in players at all.   That would be understandable.  However they make 1 time exceptions, then 2 time exceptions, etc. etc.   And then theres things that happen for certain players that dont happen for other players and the gray area is what creates a mess.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @Mattattack, couldn't have said it better.

I have benefitted from the 1-time (2-time, maybe 3) courtesy myself, but it was always because I was an idiot, and hit trade-in, and forgot to lock the player.  Each time, I immediately sent a respectful message to CS, before I spent the xp, and each time I got the player back, and the xp deducted, within 30 minutes.

The real solution would be to stop restoring players altogether.  GLU is not responsible for the players' operator failure.

The real issue, just like with the rest of the game, is the inconsistency in the handling of any situation.  
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    That sucks, I was able to get my Knoblauch back. Maybe you should’ve asked nicer. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Hmmm....couple thoughts here.. first I get the contradictory the two C.S. reps had going on there, no excuse for that, bad customer service. Second @ROCKIESFAN303 you got compensated for trading your players in. I don't agree how it was handled but I do agree that you shouldn't get your players back, you were compensated. You can't say you had no knowledge of how they compensate you. I'm sure you've been trading players in all year. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    edited February 2020
    That sucks, I was able to get my Knoblauch back. Maybe you should’ve asked nicer. 
    This. In all seriousness, be to the point and respectful to get the best outcome from cs. Remember they're humans too, likely sick of having to read whiney tickets from players all day, and hate their job. To OP - I feel for ya, bub. I've had many run ins with CS where they blatantly ignore me Asking for clarification for something. Also cs keeps a log of all your tickets, so they can see back a month ago that they told you that, but in the end you caused your own failure with irritating them. Also you should've asked for 1 player back, not 3 at once
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    the issue y'all always overlook is that GLu's CS is horrendous , and you shouldn't have to get a decent agent by random lucky of the draw to have your issue fixed. Its BS. It's wrong. And I can't wait until some lawyer player deals with it in a class action fashion bc they deserve it when it happens.

and how the players like this guy just say everyone is whinning and its their fault and too bad, it's pathetic. Stop being such bullies to people who have issues CS refuses to fix. Be part of the solution not the problem. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    the issue y'all always overlook is that GLu's CS is horrendous , and you shouldn't have to get a decent agent by random lucky of the draw to have your issue fixed. Its BS. It's wrong. And I can't wait until some lawyer player deals with it in a class action fashion bc they deserve it when it happens.

and how the players like this guy just say everyone is whinning and its their fault and too bad, it's pathetic. Stop being such bullies to people who have issues CS refuses to fix. Be part of the solution not the problem. 
    The only thing I agree with in that statement is that the CS is horrendous. It has been for the on going 5 years I've been playing. But some of the problems are players who shoot themselves in the foot and then expect to be entitled. When they started reintroducing players from past boxes back as bonus players I noticed I had some of those players but I traded them in. I could've pitched a fit but I didn't. I was compensated for those players with xp and I knew it was going to be an uphill battle. At the end of the day it's just a stupid mobile game and that there were much bigger real life issues to zap my time to deal with. Since that time I got Mr. Mathews, Mr. Green, Mr. Paige and few others so in other words my time wound up better spent trying level those guys up then fighting for behind the curve players from a couple months ago for a few bonus points.
  • ROCKIESFAN303ROCKIESFAN303 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Thanks for ALL the feedback guys! Positive or negative it is appreciated and everyone brought up all valid points regarding this topic. I love the game, been playing since 2017 and I have met some really awesome people along the way (including CS reps) but I could have handled the conversation with CS better, I will admit. I do still feel like I was lied to... but, I also agree with the thought of the "once, twice, three" times courtesy replacement and I understand how it becomes almost like we are taking advantage of the situation when it happens every day or every other day. Lesson learned. Thanks again and cheers to 2020 gentlemen!
  • AllstarbennyAllstarbenny Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Lol, this is the first time I found out we can get players back we traded in... From the looks of it it's also the first time I found out that we can't and my hopes were crushed in the process, haha.
  • AllstarbennyAllstarbenny Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Played the game for a week in 2018 and thought I'd give it a try in 2019 towards the end... I'll be back for 2020 even if I tell myself I won't be. Being a VIP would be clutch cause of the gifts.