navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts

Comments

• txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Those skills thou 🤢 nope 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    F him!.. because of what he does to me in WoH
    Just no.  
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Not terrible skills, but how are you going to give Berra better skills than Ruth?  That’s just immoral in regards to the baseball bible!
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Agree not terrible skills tho i don’t think I will chase him as a keeper. I just expected better skills for BABE RUTH!!?? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    Hopefully they change his skills that skill set is something I would have expected to see on an atg a month ago. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Yeah, I'm very disappoint as well. Babe with double ROB would have absolutely tickled my fancy 2 months ago, but here as the season winds down I'm looking for potential keepers. These ATG's have been messed up with their late season releases and lowered bonus point value. The developers always seem to be two steps behind, but I'm sure plenty of people are going to go crazy chasing him just because he's the sultan of swat 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited February 2020
    While I agree that ATGs have been handled poorly so far, I actually like the Babe's skills.  I might not keep him over Yogi, but only because of the premium position that Yogi plays.

I am not looking at keepers through the WOH lens only.  Babe would be more likely to be double-boosted in most game modes.

Edit: To be fair, I certainly won't break the bank chasing him, but if lightning struck, I would have a tough decision to make between him and Yogi.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    What upsets me is that 1. ATG have not been desirable due to skills leveling cost and lack of xp to do all the fun things and 2. Pretty much the season is over I don't want Babe. Plus he's pissed me off through WOH.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    What happened to Wagner?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    What happened to Wagner?
    Exactly what I was thinking. Wagner’s skills were great too.
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    What happened to Wagner?
    I would assume he's replacing one of the other ATG in the box this weekend
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Agree not terrible skills tho i don’t think I will chase him as a keeper. I just expected better skills for BABE RUTH!!?? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Yea this sums it up pretty well
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2020
    What was Ruth last year? I think he was vsRHP and RISP? If I remember correctly, Mantle was the only one that could be used as a walkoff closer (and only for lefties). They just don't give closer type skills to ATGs for some reason. It's a shame.

• bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Willie Mays was WOH + vs LHP last year.
    Mays was LHP/WOH as well but yeah they havent dont that this year.   It almost seems like they are reluctant to make them the class towards the end
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    If they made ATG’s WoH closers, what incentive is there to buy boxes??? Imagine how many boxes were sold for guys chasing the dragon...
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    If they made ATG’s WoH closers, what incentive is there to buy boxes??? Imagine how many boxes were sold for guys chasing the dragon...
    i think the point many are making is that it is the end of the game's lifecycle. why would they spend gold chasing an ATG that they have 4-5 weeks left to use, a 2 week bonus life cycle with nerfed points? if they gave an always on skill combo, people would have incentive to chase.

mostly everyone who has wanted green/dykstra already have them so they know that gold is still being spent. just a shame for them to save these would have been awesome ATGs if released months ago - at least give us something to chase with 2x always on skills. babe 2x vs rhp would have been someone i would have thrown all my 2x gold from this weekend chasing when he's available in a box - i still might but would be 100% all in if those skills were different.
    fahhq2 said:
    I dont need them to be closers, but at this point in the year they have already nuked their bonus points so it will take someone pretty ideal to want to level.   We are roughly 5 weeks left in this version so I would need to be incentivized to use almost all the lxp I will probably get without spending on one person.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I thought for sure with Ruth being so late in the season they woulda made him a double righty pitcher skill. His hit rating along with Wagner though is higher than all the other ATG.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    ATGs should have been released when the regular season was over.

In that same vein, I'm absolutely dreading trying to play TSB20 with all blue xp players. They should just have primes and legends from the very start.
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Ppl will chase a WoH stud regardless if it's an ATG or a normal Legend.  Boxes will be bought.  In fact, I might be more inclined to chase a normal legend that costs ~1.3 mil less LXP in diamond (with a 30% discount) and general better odds at getting a normal legend.  I don't see a huge difference in a 580 vs 600 max
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Where is Wagner? Not in weekend box 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Yeah, I'm very disappoint as well. Babe with double ROB would have absolutely tickled my fancy 2 months ago, but here as the season winds down I'm looking for potential keepers. These ATG's have been messed up with their late season releases and lowered bonus point value. The developers always seem to be two steps behind, but I'm sure plenty of people are going to go crazy chasing him just because he's the sultan of swat 🤷🏻‍♂️

^^ Bingo.