2019 Max

babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
Is the 2019 maximum value going to be 600?  Will ATG's ever have a higher max than other players?

Comments

• Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    Many have speculated that 600 will be the max based on the timing of the prior bumps. ATGs have never had a higher max than the other Legends. They’ve been bumped to 540, 560, and 580 in accordance with the max of the other Legends. So I anticipate that if/when 600 players get released, ATGs will also be at 600. 
  • TwoNightStandTwoNightStand Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    ATGs always raise to what ever the new max of legends come. So yes if 600 legends come out the ATGs will bump up to that.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I thought I heard that last year ATGs were higher than all other players, hence the ATG status, at some point.  Maybe that won't be the case this year.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    This weekends fan reward Edmonds is a 570. Following the trend, that means monday hof reward should be a 570 and top legends/tag's have been 20 points higher. Will we see a bump to 590 monday? I'm not sure why, I wouldn't replace any 580 with a 590 🤷‍♂️ but I guess that could be a cheap way to squeeze in an extra "bump" to incentivize the chase. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited February 2020
    This weekends fan reward Edmonds is a 570. Following the trend, that means monday hof reward should be a 570 and top legends/tag's have been 20 points higher. Will we see a bump to 590 monday? I'm not sure why, I wouldn't replace any 580 with a 590 🤷‍♂️ but I guess that could be a cheap way to squeeze in an extra "bump" to incentivize the chase. 

I don't think we'll see 590 legends. The pattern for HoF/FR legends for last few overall bumps has been 2 weeks of -20 overall followed by 2 weeks of -10 overall, then we get a new bump. For example when we got the bump to 560 legends, HoF/FR legends were 540s for 2 weeks or so, then they were 550s for another 2 weeks until we got the 580 overall bump for legends in boxes
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:

I don't think we'll see 590 legends. The pattern for HoF/FR legends for last few overall bumps has been 2 weeks of -20 overall followed by 2 weeks of -10 overall, then we get a new bump. For example when we got the bump to 560 legends, HoF/FR legends were 540s for 2 weeks or so, then they were 550s for another 2 weeks until we got the 580 overall bump for legends in boxes
    Ahhh, yes yes. Thank you for that correction 😬👍
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I thought I heard that last year ATGs were higher than all other players, hence the ATG status, at some point.  Maybe that won't be the case this year.
    Atgs were promised to be as high if not higher than the rest of the field. They started out(Babe) considerably higher, but down the stretch for '18, they were simply at the curve. For '19, they've always been at the curve. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    In regards to keepers for 2020, will there be any benefits if you keep an ATG over a standard legend player? Are they treated the same as a keeper?
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Same thing keeping an atg or any other player. They are all treated the same in the next version when used as keepers. At least based on the way it worked this year. So based on that idea, this year’s ATGs could even be considered underpowered (as compared to some same-level legends) because none of them are really finishers for WOH (except one, i think, but don’t remember who)
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    Ty Cobb is the only ATG hitter I would keep if the game ended today, assuming 2 batters.  Hornsby, Berra and Mantle all fringe too.  Expecting that the bump will get us to 600 though, so that’ll change my choices.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    Same thing keeping an atg or any other player. They are all treated the same in the next version when used as keepers. At least based on the way it worked this year. So based on that idea, this year’s ATGs could even be considered underpowered (as compared to some same-level legends) because none of them are really finishers for WOH (except one, i think, but don’t remember who)
    Wagner