Valentine’s Pop-Up Ad

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
Anyone see the “I Love Me” pop-up for 17 Colossal Lxp boxes and 25k gold for $99.99? That’s minimum 102k Lxp and a LOT of gold 
Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Yes, and as I swiped it away I immediately felt bad for the people that bought the $50 pop up special 🤣 I wish those popups would DIE and just be included in any of the other multiple ways to buy specials. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Yes, and as I swiped it away I immediately felt bad for the people that bought the $50 pop up special 🤣 I wish those popups would DIE and just be included in any of the other multiple ways to buy specials. 
    Yup, I saw that one earlier and would be FURIOUS if I had bought. Personally, I’m getting sick and tired of having to cancel these “purchases” for the last 3 seasons because of the timely pop ups. But I must confess, I did buy this one, but must hide it from my financial advisor. Not enough flowers and cheap wine for her to understand. Hell, I don’t even understand
    tshea510 said:
     must hide it from my financial advisor. Not enough flowers and cheap wine for her to understand. Hell, I don’t even understand
    Bahahaha! 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts

That’s the one! I’m prayerful she is not aware of this secretive investment. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I bought both the $50 and $100 ones because I’m an addict. If you’re going to spend money you might as well spend it on these mega deals instead of $20 here and there, both of these are much better than the daily specials. Now I’m set for the rest of this version, I have enough gold to chase whatever keeper I want and enough lxp to level up whatever legend. Then I can start all over again in 2020!
    I bought both the $50 and $100 ones because I’m an addict. If you’re going to spend money you might as well spend it on these mega deals instead of $20 here and there, both of these are much better than the daily specials. Now I’m set for the rest of this version, I have enough gold to chase whatever keeper I want and enough lxp to level up whatever legend. Then I can start all over again in 2020!
    Agreed, but I also agree with @retirepujols, why not just a “Special” instead of these stupid pop ups? Obviously a ploy to just buy from a reactionary emotion, rather than a shopping mentality. Pop ups are pretty lame and border on shady business. 

Oh wait a sec,......this is GLU! 

Never mind
    tshea510 said:
    Agreed, but I also agree with @retirepujols, why not just a “Special” instead of these stupid pop ups? Obviously a ploy to just buy from a reactionary emotion, rather than a shopping mentality. Pop ups are pretty lame and border on shady business. 

Oh wait a sec,......this is GLU! 

Never mind

💯
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Didn’t buy either one I paused.. hesitated .. nah..
    but I am sitting on over 150k gold soon to be 170k ish after double gold. I may be done buying any boxes until they release a 600 righty and lefty killer. Then call it a season wait on 20. The team build aspect is over it’s all about stacking gold and 20 keepers now. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Good lord. That's just, wow.

No wonder why GLU will never change their habits. LOL

I saw that deal and decided to get a used pedal board instead for my amp. That will annoy friends and family forever, as opposed to only being good for a few more weeks.

No disrespect to you, of course.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Sure. Now they have a great pop up deal when I have no money, because it went towards my landscaper chopping down two trees where the roots are trying to get under my house foundation. Damn the trees and their invasive roots! 😡 
    snowy24 said:
    Sure. Now they have a great pop up deal when I have no money, because it went towards my landscaper chopping down two trees where the roots are trying to get under my house foundation. Damn the trees and their invasive roots! 😡 

I'm surrounded by Oaks where I live and the same thing happened to me a few years ago. Fricked up the foundation of the house, the driveway, etc. Not to mention huge oaks literally suck the life out of your entire yard.

But there is a catch: you can't legally cut them down. Ever. Doesn't matter if they are destroying your property. You can trim them and grind roots, but that's it. Of course that costs a damn fortune. Actually cheaper to cut it down and haul it off.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

snowy24 said:

I'm surrounded by Oaks where I live and the same thing happened to me a few years ago. Fricked up the foundation of the house, the driveway, etc. Not to mention huge oaks literally suck the life out of your entire yard.

But there is a catch: you can't legally cut them down. Ever. Doesn't matter if they are destroying your property. You can trim them and grind roots, but that's it. Of course that costs a damn fortune. Actually cheaper to cut it down and haul it off.

Nothing is illegal if you don’t get caught. That’s why you gotta be friendly with the neighbors so they don’t rat you out for having an “illegal” pool/deck in your backyard. 
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    snowy24 said:

In Arizona, landowners have the right to remove protected trees or plants. Its a mesquite tree. Basically, an overgrown weed. These things are invasive af. One of them has its heavy ass branches resting on top of my brick on the side of my house. It looks like I may have to replace a couple of the bricks because the bastard crushed them.

I remember long ago helping my dad cut down 4 of his huge cottonwood trees. The roots were up against his foundation. That was in my younger days and when I had time. That was so much work. Took us 4 weekends. 

• maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    I bought it and got the 60k lpx four times. Ended up with around 480k legend. Was very happy
    edited February 2020
    ShoveItUpYoenis2 said:
    That’s why you gotta be friendly with the neighbors 
    https://youtu.be/jg9JnTr1SfY 
    snowy24 said:

Nothing is illegal if you don’t get caught. That’s why you gotta be friendly with the neighbors so they don’t rat you out for having an “illegal” pool/deck in your backyard. 

I get what you are saying, but there are no licensed tree removers in the area that will do it. I called ALL of them. Even offered to pay double. Nope. LOL