Options

What happens to our teams in 2020 and the new games release.

JDP1979JDP1979 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
I have been told that when the new version 2020 is release that our 2019 teams we have built are gone, wiped clean and we start 2020's version from a clean slate. Is this true? If so I am definitely not spending another buck on this game. If I knew that from the start I wouldn't have even played it. Don't get me wrong I love it but the thought of rebuilding/spending year after year, they must lose a lot of repeat business because of this, a lot. 
At least let us transfer our teams over as they are and we can continue to tweek build etc. 

Also will the current 2019 still be playable at that point, is 2018 still an active download with players? 

Comments

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Hahaha.....absolutely true!  At least you found out early in the year!

BTW, the game is expanding at a record rate.  They (GLU) are not losing a thing;  just announced their biggest quarter ever a month ago. 

‘18 currently is playable but is gone from the apps store.  Event bonuses are missing and is a hollow shell compared to the active ‘19 version. 

Search the forum for info on “keepers”.  We were allowed to carry over three players (two bats and a pitcher) from ‘18 at 5x the cost to level up.  That’s was it for this year.....who knows what the future holds but that is the current template.  
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    As much as I would like them to suffer for their ruthless exploitative efficiency but as it stands, it seems that they have tapped into our darker tendencies with brilliant financial results for themselves.  

Quit now and buy stock is the recommendation!!!
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    But if everyone quits and buys stock we are all doomed even more. 
  • Options
    There’s the rub!
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    There’s the rub!
    You should have just sent me a PM and then we could be on the gravy train while all these other people pay for our retirement
  • Options
    JDP1979JDP1979 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Thank you bigvivec, as far as their model goes I am no economics major but at some point they will start to see less and less new members as the years change over. This model of turning off paying players in the name of greed catches up to you. They may show record profits but this mlb tap game will run its course. Eventually word spreads. If I cannot move my team than I don't move, jmo. They need a disclaimer in bold when you download. I devoted not just time but real dollars and it is heart breaking to discover this news. What a pisser
  • Options
    JDP1979 said:
    Thank you bigvivec, as far as their model goes I am no economics major but at some point they will start to see less and less new members as the years change over. This model of turning off paying players in the name of greed catches up to you. They may show record profits but this mlb tap game will run its course. Eventually word spreads. If I cannot move my team than I don't move, jmo. They need a disclaimer in bold when you download. I devoted not just time but real dollars and it is heart breaking to discover this news. What a pisser
    You would think so, but each version seems to bring in more money than the last. So they must be doing something right. Think about video games from the past. Super Mario Brothers comes out, what if they don’t ever release Mario 2, 3, lost worlds?  What if Nintendo never releases Super Nintendo?  
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @JDP1979 playing TapBaseball is just like playing any sports game on PS4 or Xbox. There’s always a new release and you end up loosing progress that you had on the previous game. The good thing about 19 is that you were able to bring 3players over from the previous version(2hitters,1 pitcher). You can still play the other versions 16,17,18 if you have downloaded them previously(see history of Apps if you deleted it) and just like older sports games on consoles they don’t update. Glu is  run like most companies who release sports games, they update their games through the year and release a new one with upgrades during the new sports season. It’s essentially a free game it’s just up to you if you want to spend. 
  • Options
    whoopdido1980whoopdido1980 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I sent a message to Glu asking about this and was told that, like most companies, Glu doesn’t announce any release dates for updates in the future and that I should just look at the Forum, Twitter, Facebook and the New Tab to find out any information. So, basically they didn’t answer my question at all. If my team isn’t going to transfer over, that’s fine...I’ll just stop spending money now.  I just really hope that Glu isn’t the type of company that would take advantage of its customers by allowing people to spend money on their team and then suddenly take it all away when 2020 comes out. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Been this way for every version. Always start over, team building is the fun part.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Been this way for every version. Always start over, team building is the fun part.
    And the money making part for them. 
  • Options
    cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I’m certain this exact conversation took place a year ago. FWIW your credit card info transfers swiftly into 2020. 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited December 2019
    This very thing made me upset back in 2015. When 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 came out I got down to business and quickly forgot about my team from the previous year. @Bigpredfan is right about how older video games started. You didn't carry progress over from year to year or game to game. Sorry, I don't mean to sound harsh but get over it, it's time to finish this season strong and get ready for the hype and speculation of next year's edition. Quite honestly I'm looking forward to 2020's edition.
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Does progress towards VIP carryover year to year? Or is it a simple on or off?
  • Options
    cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Progress does not carry over. The badge does though
  • Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Lesson is if you're close to the $818 spend that Christmas cash to secure your lifetime VIP status! I for one am nowhere close, gonna keep that cash money in my pocket
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited December 2019
    criffy said:
    Lesson is if you're close to the $818 spend that Christmas cash to secure your lifetime VIP status! I for one am nowhere close, gonna keep that cash money in my pocket
    Smart move! Spend it on Starbucks... at least you'll have something to show for and it'll taste good not bitter or sour like this game sometimes can 
  • Options
    DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    As much as I would like them to suffer for their ruthless exploitative efficiency but as it stands, it seems that they have tapped into our darker tendencies with brilliant financial results for themselves.  

Quit now and buy stock is the recommendation!!!

Have to buy a boatload of Glu stock to make any profit from Glu. Hard Pass 
  • Options
    mr_mtcmr_mtc Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    JDP1979 said:
    "...They need a disclaimer in bold when you download. I devoted not just time but real dollars and it is heart breaking to discover this news. What a pisser"
    You think? I'm just now reading this, Merry Christmas to me 🙄. I was trying to figure out what happens when I reset my custom legend player, like if I would be given legend points as you do when you trade in other regular/prime/legend players. Guess it doesn't matter if I get points given back or not now, because I'm going back to playing MLB 9 Innings. I just looked and for the past two months I've spent over $200 (USD) each month and bringing that to a stop. Not untill I'm told what it is exactly will happen with a team I've spent hundreds of my hard earned dollars to level up. Why in the world would anyone spend money on something they can't keep, or to be told you can only keep two batters and a pitcher.. but you have to pay more to even keep them... Hahahaha what a joke!! I'm so upset over my ignorant way of thinking, where one would be able to keep a team where actual currency was used to help develop, no matter what the date is. SO STUPID! If anyone else hates their self for spending time and money on this bs.. download and play MLB9INNINGS from your default app store. LAME!
  • Options
    Reset the custom legend costs gold and you lose everything since it “resets” to a blank slate.  

2020 will have a new version;  we were allowed to port over three keepers last year from our previous team to the new one.  They also reset to zero.  

Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Been this way for every version since the game started, if your just figuring that out then you were better off not playing to begin with... lol. Like @bigvivec said. Merry Xmas.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    digdug2626digdug2626 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    mr_mtc said:
    JDP1979 said:
    "...They need a disclaimer in bold when you download. I devoted not just time but real dollars and it is heart breaking to discover this news. What a pisser"
    You think? I'm just now reading this, Merry Christmas to me 🙄. I was trying to figure out what happens when I reset my custom legend player, like if I would be given legend points as you do when you trade in other regular/prime/legend players. Guess it doesn't matter if I get points given back or not now, because I'm going back to playing MLB 9 Innings. I just looked and for the past two months I've spent over $200 (USD) each month and bringing that to a stop. Not untill I'm told what it is exactly will happen with a team I've spent hundreds of my hard earned dollars to level up. Why in the world would anyone spend money on something they can't keep, or to be told you can only keep two batters and a pitcher.. but you have to pay more to even keep them... Hahahaha what a joke!! I'm so upset over my ignorant way of thinking, where one would be able to keep a team where actual currency was used to help develop, no matter what the date is. SO STUPID! If anyone else hates their self for spending time and money on this bs.. download and play MLB9INNINGS from your default app store. LAME!
    Perfect inning also transfers your progress from the year before. I don't mind the restart and rebuild, for me that's a good part of the fun. Building your team up and watching how it develops. Plus it is the ultimate equalizer, it can be a bit disconcerting on MLB PI when you see a team that averages players overalls in the 120s and you just started the game. But that should be the purpose of the different team rankings, where you play against like teams. But it doesn't always work out that way.