Is Double ROB a Viable WOH Closer Skill Set?

SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
With Babe Ruth and now Jorge Posada being rolled out - is double ROB a viable WOH closer skill set?  I've used a variety of hitters that had one ROB skill and they seemed to perform very well, but does anyone have experience with a double ROB player?  Would they be exceptional for all levels except for those that start with no runners on?  I'd appreciate any insight, as I'm trying to decide whether Jorge is worth the chase as a potential keeper.  

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I've seen many use ShoeDentist and some of the Diamond guys have used DRISP to close..

I would use him in Gold at lower levels, no doubt.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So i had some success with using Yount, Late Inning and ROB. I personal view is that it matters about the first hit. So I think he could get the job done.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    With Babe Ruth and now Jorge Posada being rolled out - is double ROB a viable WOH closer skill set?  I've used a variety of hitters that had one ROB skill and they seemed to perform very well, but does anyone have experience with a double ROB player?  Would they be exceptional for all levels except for those that start with no runners on?  I'd appreciate any insight, as I'm trying to decide whether Jorge is worth the chase as a potential keeper.  
    Can it work? Definitely. Is it optimal? No.

I've seen many use ShoeDentist and some of the Diamond guys have used DRISP to close..

It's easy to be brave when you don't have better options.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I've won with the Shoe Dentist in the past, but I don't remember if it was an accident or boredom that led to it. I also didn't rely on him, and the sample size is verrry small.. I'm glad I could clear things up here 😀
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    When I tried the Shoedentist as a closer I didn't get one win, but I only tried him a good three times.  I also didn't level his skills up very high, and I'm only gold.  He's still in my lineup though for those mid-level auto plays.  Works pretty well at 6.4... for now
    Just no.  
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I've been using Placido Polanco (2x ROB skills) that last few WOHs and he's doing quite well as my closer vs. Babe. I've got him capped at Gold 10 with 16/16 skills. Over the last two events he is now a total of 8 for 10 vs. The Babe. It is still a small sample size but I am very pleased with the results so far. 
    Note - Polanco has the highest hit rating on my squad. His hit rating is 388 which is a few points better than my ATGs at 382. Not sure if this is whats putting him over the top.....
    Anyways - I'm a believer.