Keepers: Yogi or Posada?

blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
Yogi was definitely a keeper up until today... just pulled Posada. Same position but a switch hitter with double ROB skills compared to Yogi’s RHP/ROB skills...

Who’s the better keeper?

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited February 2020
    I always give the nod to a switch hitter. They are valuable in my lineup especially for WoH when I don't have enough viable lefty batters. They come in handy.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    The max will be at least 600, if not higher (I think a smidge higher at 610/620 🤷‍♂️). So Posada won't be at the max, and he doesn't have a skill mixture that can be one on/one off - either both are on or neither are on (obviously). He IS a switch hitting catcher, which is super cool, but I might still lean towards Yogi. With a monthish left, I'm sure plenty will change. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    The max will be at least 600, if not higher (I think a smidge higher at 610/620 🤷‍♂️). So Posada won't be at the max, and he doesn't have a skill mixture that can be one on/one off - either both are on or neither are on (obviously). He IS a switch hitting catcher, which is super cool, but I might still lean towards Yogi. With a monthish left, I'm sure plenty will change. 
    Who would be your keepers today?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @blueprints I've erased about 12 responses so far. In short - I have no idea 🤪
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    We take this too seriously its a game take whoever you want, if they are as expensive to upgrade as they were this year it won’t matter.  I’m taking a catcher and a 2nd basemen unless they release someone that I want to look at all of next year.  Give me a Jenny Finch and she’s my first keeper.  
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    We take this too seriously its a game take whoever you want, if they are as expensive to upgrade as they were this year it won’t matter.  I’m taking a catcher and a 2nd basemen unless they release someone that I want to look at all of next year.  Give me a Jenny Finch and she’s my first keeper.  
    This is the most agreeable thing I’ve seen all year.  As I was weeks into 2019 beta, all I saw on these forums were “who should I take?”.  It really comes down to what you’re looking for. If it’s woh, then pick a lefty and a righty for it. If you want a cvc beast, pick double blowout. It’s not rocket science. My only advice is to accrue as many viable players until 2020 is launched. For all you know the max overall could be 700. Until then, just keep playing and having fun. Whatever you chose isn’t going to determine how you will be moving forward. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Yogi was definitely a keeper up until today... just pulled Posada. Same position but a switch hitter with double ROB skills compared to Yogi’s RHP/ROB skills...

Who’s the better keeper?

I've seen A LOT of love thrown Posada's way. To each their own. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    It depends how you play. If you focus more on WOH Yogi will be a better option than Posada IMO just given he will atleast have a skill active at all times, plus he will like the upped to 600. Posada isn’t a bad option either but no gurantee skills will be active vs certain setups. In the end I agree with whoever said it, take who you like in the end it doesn’t matter. These guys more than likely aren’t going to be any sort of bonus and will probably quickly be replaced on your team anyway.