VIP appreciation? Ty, TYVM!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Loving the random gifts!  We had some nutty gifts last weekend and they just keep coming! 😬🤣😂😁

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    yeah, their attempt at user retention for next year. kicked everyone in the nuts all year long and finally making the game fun again when there's *gulp* 4 weeks or so left before they move onto 2020
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Got him with it

• AllstarbennyAllstarbenny Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Loving the random gifts!  We had some nutty gifts last weekend and they just keep coming! 😬🤣😂😁

I could use that right now, haha. 
  • AllstarbennyAllstarbenny Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    likenight said:
    Got him with it

Lucky, I could use a legendary catcher right now.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    criffy said:
    yeah, their attempt at user retention for next year. kicked everyone in the nuts all year long and finally making the game fun again when there's *gulp* 4 weeks or so left before they move onto 2020

Right? I mean it's not like people are not going to spend any money on this game if they give us a couple boxes. If you want to compete in an event and also maybe box-cap a player, you're going to be buying at least 25 boxes, maybe 50 or more. Sometimes close to 100 if you get bad RNG on box pulls. They could give us 3-4 boxes and its not like we'll be "set" for the event and then not have to buy anything.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    criffy said:
    It's unfortunate that you feel that way. Apparently, many also share that same sentiment so I know that my opinion is certainly in the minority. For me, I appreciate it. As far as the game itself, I would even say that game was significantly more fun when they were 'kicking everyone in the nuts.' Now, everyone has everything. Cookie cutter builds are boring. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    criffy said:
    Big or small gifts are nice. Better off than I was before it. I’m fairy certain people have decided if they are or are not playing 20 at this point. I’ll take the gifts from people who don’t want them no problem. 

With that said, if you wanna gripe about BXP still being in boxes, that’s something I could get behind. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited February 2020
    DFBB said:
    criffy said:
    It's unfortunate that you feel that way. Apparently, many also share that same sentiment so I know that my opinion is certainly in the minority. For me, I appreciate it. As far as the game itself, I would even say that game was significantly more fun when they were 'kicking everyone in the nuts.' Now, everyone has everything. Cookie cutter builds are boring. 
    well i foolishly started playing more rigorously last year towards the end of it with premium xp cvc boxes available and pxp existed in the SF tower so going into the year i thought whoa these are easy to load up on! as the year went along, you can see their business model unfold. they created a highly addictive team building game with no intentions of allowing you to build the team you actually wanted to build unless you wanted to spend money or a shit load of time on precious resources.

yes the game is fun. i had a great time this year but to build a competitive team to compete with a competitive club (which you started and have subsequently left but thanks for putting that group together), i've had to reach into my wallet and spend all of my time in doing so. they've also made many changes in season that have alienated their a large percentage of their user base in attempts to grab another dollar. i get that they are a business, but these 4 vip boxes (along with all of the "gifts" they are showering us with this month), while nice, aren't going to be what keeps me playing next year. it's the community that keeps me coming back; it has been for quite some time. and what they've done to the community as the year has gone along has really led me to question how much i really want to play/spend next year.

back to the point i was trying to make - they think by giving their spenders (vips) all these gifts will keep them around and spending by giving them something positive to think about at the end of the season. however, i've had countless conversations with other vips that vow to go F2P next year because of their greed this year. we'll see if that actually materializes as money makes the game easier, but it's on a lot of people's minds, i can assure you that
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Glad the VIP guys are getting incentives to return. You guys deserve that much, at least.

Wonder if they will do anything for the "lower" customers that got to say, All Star 8, farmed hundreds of thousands of gold, and put in a ton of time building a team.

All good, I already know the answer. LOLOLOLOLOL

2020 is going to be a money grab the likes you all have never seen.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

edited February 2020
    criffy said:
    DFBB said:
    criffy said:
    i've had countless conversations with other vips that vow to go F2P next year because of their greed this year. we'll see if that actually materializes as money makes the game easier, but it's on a lot of people's minds, i can assure you that
    That would be huge if enough people did that. Unfortunately, most VIPs are allergic to the grind. If they play, they're going to spend. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    edited February 2020

Wonder if they will do anything for the "lower" customers that got to say, All Star 8, farmed hundreds of thousands of gold, and put in a ton of time building a team.

I DOUBT IT 😂

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    criffy said:
    DFBB said:
    criffy said:
    i've had countless conversations with other vips that vow to go F2P next year because of their greed this year. we'll see if that actually materializes as money makes the game easier, but it's on a lot of people's minds, i can assure you that
    That would be huge if enough people did that. Unfortunately, most VIPs are allergic to the grind. If they play, they're going to spend. 
    Which is why I quit. 
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    criffy said:
    Of course there’s more than one side to this, but I agree that this feels more like a kick in the nuts than it does a thank you for supporting our game and we hope you play again next year.  The monthly gift is a really nice perk of being VIP (much more of a difference maker for someone at silver or gold), but 11 months of seemingly daily mistakes, minimal communication, and perceived deception won’t be forgotten by me personally just because we got a few extra gifts at the end of the season.  Where were they for the first 11 months?  They certainly weren’t quality checking their product and they weren’t telling us what they were doing (pretty obviously absolutely nothing) to keep the mistakes from continuing to happen.
    Just so I don’t seem completely ungrateful, thanks for the gifts Glu! 🤕
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    It's like spraying febreeze on fresh puppy poop in your home 😀 thanks, but lets make sure the dog poop is removed. Let's also go ahead and train the pupperz to poop outside 🤪
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    edited February 2020
    The biggest problem is their player pool is so small... if you want a good closer for Babe you pretty much need Dwight Evans at this point ...as far as WOH goes anyone that multi cycles with 15-20 min rounds prob has the same team, give or take a few players/ custom ATGs.  ( reply is directed at cookie cutter comment )
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    BOZZCO said:
    The biggest problem is their player pool is so small... if you want a good closer for Babe you pretty much need Dwight Evans at this point ...as far as WOH goes anyone that multi cycles with 15-20 min rounds prob has the same team, give or take a few players/ custom ATGs.  ( reply is directed at cookie cutter comment )

Based on some of the 2020 "reveals", it looks like they may finally be getting wise to the fact that some players prefer specific parts of the game over others. Example is the Slugger roster.  This will also be another "cookie cutter" approach by customers and their rosters.

It is well documented here I set up my entire roster for the purpose of WoH. Yes, I play CvC, prime games, etc, and do VERY well with that "cookie cutter" lineup. I've won a ton of great players with it.

Problem here, of course, is that they will recognize this at some point of the year and do what they did for WoH and squeeze resources or not present players that can consistently compete/clear.

There's a long list of things this company does that turned me off.  The biggest one, honestly, is their control over the outcomes of an event when they want to squeeze the customer.  That's just brutal for a company to do that. Give your customers a limited window during the week to play an event, then during that event, purposely make it to where no one can win, or only the diamond players can win. That's like me paying triple to see a movie, and then they cut off 20-30 minutes of the movie while you sit in a dark theater. Movie comes back on, but you have no clue what you may have missed.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    BOZZCO said:

Based on some of the 2020 "reveals", it looks like they may finally be getting wise 

I laughed 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    DFBB said:
    criffy said:
    Jesus Hank Christ what a Homer...kiss ass much?

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

I can understand a lot of what he is saying, but I was a little befuzzled with the "everyone has everything" comment. The 300k+ teams with several max capped 20/20 ATG are a vast minority.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    yea i dont see how that really happens.   Its kinda like once you go diamond its hard to play in lower tiers.   once you get a taste its hard to go back
    DFBB said:
    criffy said:
    It's unfortunate that you feel that way. Apparently, many also share that same sentiment so I know that my opinion is certainly in the minority. 
    I stand corrected. I've been pretty active on the FB pages lately and it seems that the comments in this thread actually represents the minority. Most people really enjoy the gifts.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Debbie truly is a god among men...who else quotes themselves???🤞🏼
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I stand corrected too...that back brace really helped out my spine.
    @retirepujols my febreeze budget really went up with the new puppy but in the end..the poop gets cleaned up, unlike here where it gets stepped in...smeared and pushed out to everyone like its a well respected opinion.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Anybody planning on a delayed start to 2020? Last year I wasted so many resources building my team to stay on top of woh and it just didn’t pan out like I thought it would with the reward player never making my team. Besides losing out on pennants is their really any other downside considering the roster turnover starting in September and just collecting rewards till then? I plan on playing this version in the meantime, partly cause I want to build “the perfect team”...lol

• EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Anybody planning on a delayed start to 2020? Last year I wasted so many resources building my team to stay on top of woh and it just didn’t pan out like I thought it would with the reward player never making my team. Besides losing out on pennants is their really any other downside considering the roster turnover starting in September and just collecting rewards till then? I plan on playing this version in the meantime, partly cause I want to build “the perfect team”...lol

I think I am going to delay start.  The first part was boring for me this year, but expensive last year.  I am in the minority, but the last portion of the season has been fun for me and I have been looking forward to the events. I would like to get to diamond this year, but I wanted to wait until we peaked with maxes, settle on my final team and build them through diamond.  I figure that will take me a while, so I will probably wait to start until my team is finished.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I can understand a lot of what he is saying, but I was a little befuzzled with the "everyone has everything" comment. The 300k+ teams with several max capped 20/20 ATG are a vast minority.

How many teams next year will have the exact same keepers? Too many imo. This year is over so anything that would truly be a gift would be xp like what we saw last weekend. There was also an announcement that this will continue through the week so maybe we get there again. 

Its okay to appreciate all these gifts and not think it makes up for that nut punch all year. But it seems some here have a hard time with opinions that dont fall in line with the nut punch narrative.
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Its okay to appreciate all these gifts and not think it makes up for that nut punch all year. But it seems some here have a hard time with opinions that dont fall in line with the nut punch narrative.
    Well put. 
    whammo911 said:

That's a sound plan. Problem is, it requires a bit of patience. lol
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    whammo911 said:

I've definitely toyed with the idea, although probably a more realistic scenario is just to go lite time and money wise the first few months
    --snip--
    Its okay to appreciate all these gifts and not think it makes up for that nut punch all year.
    --snip--

That's where I am at.