VIP appreciation? Ty, TYVM!!!

Comments

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yeah, I would have to log in everyday for pickem and not got sucked in but I think I could do it...although it would be nice to jump in then and choose keepers once the dust settles...I was able to take all of January off but I had to delete the forums bookmark and not check in...It did help my diamond build coming back to 580’s and 2 months of vip gifts...
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    --snip--
    Its okay to appreciate all these gifts and not think it makes up for that nut punch all year.
    --snip--

That's where I am at.
    That's a sound comment. Problem is, it requires a bit of editing. lol
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Yeah, I would have to log in everyday for pickem and not got sucked in but I think I could do it...although it would be nice to jump in then and choose keepers once the dust settles...I was able to take all of January off but I had to delete the forums bookmark and not check in...It did help my diamond build coming back to 580’s and 2 months of vip gifts...
    Like they always say, everyone has a plan until they 'accidentally' open a box and get a legend....haha
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

What do you mean?
    JEDDDOGGY said:

What do you mean?
    He's trying to mock me. I just choose not to respond to trolls.
    Oh Matt? I gotcha... thought you were referring to dusty at first.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

What do you mean?

edited February 2020
    Its cool...I dont mock..I speak truth..anyway it matters not.

Im done back to my hole for a while 

**comment removed by moderator**

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Got to say, the Debbie crap is pretty immature.  I don’t agree with a lot of the things @DFBB says but he puts a lot more time and effort into helping the community then anyone else, including the guys who are paid to do it!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

What do you mean?
    I have no clue how you and I have ever gotten along.........
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I just always assumed everyone here was joking around with each other.

It took me a bit to realize there are a few "rivalries" in here. Why, I have no clue, but it adds to the entertainment.

Just promise I'm invited to the bonfire at Denny's.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I'm always playing (except for that one guy that quit)

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Nice!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I'm always playing (except for that one guy that quit)
    😭
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited February 2020
    I don't play in a club anymore because I guess Glu thought I was so good at my job they gave me more and more stuff to do, so I limit myself to an event or two a week, but I'm not in a top club so it doesn't really matter. 

The point is everybody has different ways of playing the game.  I've always likened it to baseball cards.  Nobody cares if you just have one cool card.  They look cooler with more and more cool cards surrounding it.  Now that we've been changing the way the photos look, that desire is there more than ever.

Free gifts are what they are.  Free gifts.  You don't know why they're there or if you even deserve them.  But if they're there, and you end up with something you really like... by all means, keep it.  Or don't.  It's nobody's business what you do with it.  But biting the hand that feeds you has always had me roll my eyes... especially since these gifts were my idea.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited February 2020
    I feel like something was Lost in Translation, or I misunderstood the original comments. I don't think anyone is complaining about gifts, but rather throwing a jab at the ungodly amount of mistakes and garbage seen this year. 

Also, good idea blue. Edit: we need more blueleopards behind the scenes. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    I feel like something was Lost in Translation, or I misunderstood the original comments. I don't think anyone is complaining about gifts, but rather throwing a jab at the ungodly amount of mistakes and garbage seen this year. 

Also, good idea blue. 
    Yeah, even I didn’t complain. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    likenight said:

Also, good idea blue. 
    Yeah, even I didn’t complain. 
    I just spit out my drink. 😂 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I was saying boo-urns
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts

Oh no, I was just saying in general. If there's anybody that reads and reports complaints, it's me. That's a large percentage of my day to day. ;)

Though I did see that one comment about retention, so let me put that out now.  Everything that every live service game does is for retention. :)
    But biting the hand that feeds you has always had me roll my eyes...
    Oh, sweet irony.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard said:
    If there's anybody that reads and reports complaints, it's me. That's a large percentage of my day to day. ;)

Poor guy 😭
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I don't play in a club anymore because I guess Glu thought I was so good at my job they gave me more and more stuff to do, so I limit myself to an event or two a week, but I'm not in a top club so it doesn't really matter. 

The point is everybody has different ways of playing the game.  I've always likened it to baseball cards.  Nobody cares if you just have one cool card.  They look cooler with more and more cool cards surrounding it.  Now that we've been changing the way the photos look, that desire is there more than ever.

Free gifts are what they are.  Free gifts.  You don't know why they're there or if you even deserve them.  But if they're there, and you end up with something you really like... by all means, keep it.  Or don't.  It's nobody's business what you do with it.  But biting the hand that feeds you has always had me roll my eyes... especially since these gifts were my idea.
    We’ve got room. no pressure club. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard said:
    They look cooler with more and more cool cards surrounding it.  Now that we've been changing the way the photos look, that desire is there more than ever.
    Will agree with that ! I’ve kept a lot of guys like Teheran and Oswalt just for the cool graphics. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    especially since these gifts were my idea.

Wow taking credit for Bernie Sanders idea of giving everyone free stuff. 🙃

PS. I love free stuff. Keep ‘em coming. I’m down for having VIP gifts every Friday instead of once a month. I mean we kinda deserve it after paying over $800 on a mobile game that’s full of issues
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts

Oh no, I was just saying in general. If there's anybody that reads and reports complaints, it's me. That's a large percentage of my day to day. ;)

Though I did see that one comment about retention, so let me put that out now.  Everything that every live service game does is for retention. :)
    I’m sure you’re a very busy Leopard, because I doubt the complaints have stopped rolling in since the Canada release.  

I’m not sure if the “:)” after your retention comment was because you are joking or not, but I did laugh after reading that, when I thought every single mistake made this year was done so purposefully in the hopes of customer retention.  I guess there’s more than one way to skin a cat, figuratively speaking of course(*disclaimer* no cats were harmed in the creation of this post).
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Anybody planning on a delayed start to 2020? Last year I wasted so many resources building my team to stay on top of woh and it just didn’t pan out like I thought it would with the reward player never making my team. Besides losing out on pennants is their really any other downside considering the roster turnover starting in September and just collecting rewards till then? I plan on playing this version in the meantime, partly cause I want to build “the perfect team”...lol

If the 2020 version is like the current year, and you don’t live in Canada or feel like pretending to be in Canada, you don’t have to plan a delayed start, you get one automatically. 👍
    I didnt complain...I just pointed out a homer with a boner for glu..

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    If there was ever a suggestion needed to increase customer retention....it’s not not reset VIP ticket levels for those that haven’t achieved VIP yet this year.

Im level 9...but not going to hit VIP in the next 30 days.

if that progress is all gone, I’m probably not playing in 2020