Keeper conundrum: Green vs Dykstra

BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts

Realizing I'm splitting hairs here, would there be a difference which of these guys I plan to take to tsb 20?  Hit goes to Lenny, power to Shawn.  Assuming no other double RHP comes out higher overall, which would YOU choose?
Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited February 2020
    I'll have Dodgers pennants higher than the Phillies, so that would probably be my tiebreaker. Dodgers are most likely going to be a "bonus team" quite often as well 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    I'll have Dodgers pennants higher than the Phillies, so that would probably be my tiebreaker. Dodgers are most likely going to be a "bonus team" quite often as well 🤷‍♂️
    But pennants not considered since they won't carry over, just like their current skill level, you would still choose him based on likelyhood of being on the bonus team more often...agreed there.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I think so. I'm not a huge fan of either graphic, but that could be a deciding factor as well. They're so similar, you can really find any old reason to pick either one lol
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you can ignore the hideous animation on Dykstra's card, that's where I'd go. Fwiw, Dodger pennants are generally valuable because they are more likely than most teams to have more legends(Scioscia, Green, Cey, Guerrero, Baylor, etc.) 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If you can ignore the hideous animation on Dykstra's card, that's where I'd go. Fwiw, Dodger pennants are generally valuable because they are more likely than most teams to have more legends(Scioscia, Green, Cey, Guerrero, Baylor, etc.) 
    Fwiw...Baylor never played for the Dodgers.

Makes me wonder how much other erroneous  info is being passed along🤔
    edited February 2020
    fahhq2 said:

Makes me wonder how much other erroneous  info is being passed along🤔
    I always get confused with Baylor/Baker.

edit: now that im semi awake, the dodgers have a boatload of legends. I forgot to mention a lot more. Here's the list that I have so far, but I'm likely forgetting others.

1)Jackie
    2)Orel
    3)Gagne
    4)Butler
    5)PeeWee
    6)Erksine
    7)Piazza
    8)Cey
    9)Sciosia
    10)Baker
    11)Green
    12)Pedro
    13)Garvey
    14)Tommy John

(thanks to @Mattattack for the help!)
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited February 2020
    You really cant go wrong with either.  Depends if you prefer hit or power.   I also have a hunch neither will be the best keeper options in a month.   I'd probably lean Green ever so slightly as pennants helps break what is a pretty close one
    Not a fan of either animation, but I like the still picture of Dykstra.  Numbers are a decent sample from all modes and give a slight edge to Dykstra. Was hoping there would not be a jump to 600, but even if there is, that would still require they release another with the same skills
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    i'm 100 or so games away from diamond in the search for easy gold to hunt for potential keepers in the 4 weeks. i have all of the top 580 guys, but figure they're going to 600. so if you're done with this season and getting ready to prep for next, would advise you guys lingering at gold to do the same.
    edited February 2020
    Bigburg said:
    Not a fan of either animation, but I like the still picture of Dykstra.  Numbers are a decent sample from all modes and give a slight edge to Dykstra. Was hoping there would not be a jump to 600, but even if there is, that would still require they release another with the same skills
    I actually like Dykstra's picture more too, but I just can't get away from that animation. Ugh. 600's are a lock and fwiw, the best keeper from '18 was released on the last weekend of '18.
    Well, I guess this is a moot point then, lol.  Aside from getting Honus, I am back playing the waiting game for my double RHP keeper.
    Bigburg said:
    Well, I guess this is a moot point then, lol.  Aside from getting Honus, I am back playing the waiting game for my double RHP keeper.
    Matt and I were just talking about good 'ol Honus. He thinks Honus is...well, you know the saying, 'the best thing since sliced bread?' Whatever the opposite of that is, that's @Mattattack's opinion of Wagner. lol
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Crap, I just pulled Honus and have the LXP to get him to G10 16/16.

OR, I could use that LXP to get 2 580 guys to G10 16/16...

Decisions decisions.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Decisions decisions.

If you don't already have a true babe killer, I'd go with Honus. He's gonna be 600 real quick!
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    still 4 more weeks. Probably be a better option by the end. I wouldn’t even worry about it until you see your final roster heading to 20
    I'm a fan.  Outside of woh, not so much, but that is my favorite mode and there's few and far between that are specialized for it.
    DFBB said:
    Bigburg said:
    Matt and I were just talking about good 'ol Honus. He thinks Honus is...well, you know the saying, 'the best thing since sliced bread?' Whatever the opposite of that is, that's @Mattattack's opinion of Wagner. lol
    to each their own :#
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    that honus photo tho...
    criffy said:
    that honus photo tho...
    Ace card!
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    How did the final days of the 2018 version play out?  Was there a global announcement that it was the final week of 2018 and that 2019 would soon be available?  Was it known that a particular box was the "final" box for 2018? or did Glu continue to roll out new 2018 boxes even after the 2019 version was available?  I'm stockpiling gold for the "final" 2019 box, so I want to make sure I get the timing right.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Reminds me of this guy from the 80s Disney movies.
    How did the final days of the 2018 version play out?  Was there a global announcement that it was the final week of 2018 and that 2019 would soon be available?  Was it known that a particular box was the "final" box for 2018? or did Glu continue to roll out new 2018 boxes even after the 2019 version was available?  I'm stockpiling gold for the "final" 2019 box, so I want to make sure I get the timing right.
    I was about to make a thread to document all of this, but decided against it. Anyways...

-There was no global announcement. 
    -The Giants boxes, which included the only 550max lefty with 2x vs rhp(will clark; .33% rate) would be the final box of '18.
    -Many speculated, but nothing was certain that it would be the final box.
    -Once '19 launched, '18 didn't receive any updates. No new boxes, no giants boxes and no bonus players. FR still ran on schedule(same players), as did the other events. 
    -There's already an info sheet for '20 that has circulated which states that the target date for '20 will be March 17, 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back a week, but that's something to work around.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I was about to make a thread to document all of this, but decided against it. Anyways...

-The Giants boxes, which included the only 550max lefty with 2x vs rhp(will clark; .33% rate) would be the final box of '18.
    -Once '19 launched, '18 didn't receive any updates. No new boxes, no giants boxes and no bonus players. FR still ran on schedule(same players), as did the other events. 
    -There's already an info sheet for '20 that has circulated which states that the target date for '20 will be March 17, 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back a week, but that's something to work around.
    Don’t forget to mention when 18 ended they released new “game changers” boxes Monday, and the game ended Tuesday when 19 was released. Like released 1100 gold boxes and did nothing with them. 
    DFBB said:

Don’t forget to mention when 18 ended they released new “game changers” boxes Monday, and the game ended Tuesday when 19 was released. Like released 1100 gold boxes and did nothing with them. 
    I never bought those, but dang! That's awful!
    There was a 0.33% chance to pull Clark?  Meaning one out of 300?  Talk about a unicorn.  I hope that the final 2019 box will have the normal 4-6% chance at the stud legend.  I've had trouble landing 2nd baseman all year, so I'm hoping for a switch hitting Pete Rose with double late innings  :D  
    There was a 0.33% chance to pull Clark?  Meaning one out of 300?  Talk about a unicorn.  I hope that the final 2019 box will have the normal 4-6% chance at the stud legend.  I've had trouble landing 2nd baseman all year, so I'm hoping for a switch hitting Pete Rose with double late innings  :D  
    Yeah there were 3 legends with 1% chance to pull a legend.   I actually pulled 3 legends that weekend but none of them were Will :(
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Yeah there were 3 legends with 1% chance to pull a legend.   I actually pulled 3 legends that weekend but none of them were Will :(
    Think I dropped 70k gold that last weekend and never pulled him.... in hindsight it didn’t really matter as skills were price capped around 12/12 on keepers anyway
    Yes sir! The good old days! 1:333.:)
    I've been told that Pete Rose didn't play second base - way before my time, so whatever, any switch hitter with double late innings.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    DFBB said:

Decisions decisions.

If you don't already have a true babe killer, I'd go with Honus. He's gonna be 600 real quick!

I've got Evans, who is killer right now at least. Honus would be a huge upgrade at SS.

I can rotate Evans in my OF.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service