Couple thoughts on TSB20

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
HR hit the targets is very interesting. 
Same roster across all modes has already been discussed here.  I personally like it.
Notice it doesn't specify how many batters/pitchers as keepers. Just says bring 3 of your favorite players.  

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    The "Never Sleep" thing would concern me.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    what's sleep?
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Easy to learn, hard to master!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    It also lists pick'em as a game mode 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I trust nothing they say, so there's that.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    It also lists pick'em as a game mode 🤷‍♂️
    Haha I was just about to mention this.  Good thing I read comments before posting... sometimes.  What a game mode.  I could play pick 'em all day!
    Just no.  
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Maybe they are teaming with NTRA ;-)
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I'm feeling a lot better about my decision not to play '20. They're not increasing the # of keepers and the biggest new features appear to be stadiums and using the regular roster for HR battles (and maybe slugfest). That special edition sticker pack for registering early is probably the most tempting thing so far.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Have they mentioned anything about Keeper Stickers yet? @blueleopard can we please get some clarification on this, how many stickers will we be able to transfer to 2020? 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Such a Glu move...we all wanted to be able to have 3 or maybe even 4 batters as keepers...well, we can possibly have 3, but then we get no pitcher to bring along with them 🤣🖕
    Sorry Satchel, looks like you might not need to pack your bags in 2020
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    I was kind of hoping they did something like 3 players and you can carry over 1 ATG (4 total) So that way you could mix and match and then anyone who didn’t have an ATG Would be chasing hard for one on the next month so keep some people invested. I think I’m still going to stick with 2 hitters and 1 pitcher, but it will be easily talked out of that depending on who I get in the next month!
    If we can choose 3 players, I would still bring an ace no question. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited February 2020
    @retirepujols
    If I were going Diamond next year or planning on doing anything other than playing WoH, CvC, and Royale (HR Mode sounds interesting too) - then I would be bringing an ace as well.

Alas, I will only be playing those events, unless they make the club event rewards drastically better.  Also, Royale is the least important of those to me, so that might basically be another day/weekend of WoH for me.
  • AllstarbennyAllstarbenny Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    So does that mean we can bring over 3 batters if we want?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It's my understanding that it includes one pitcher, but no announcement has been made so I guess they can always change their mind.

@retirepujols
    If I were going Diamond next year or planning on doing anything other than playing WoH, CvC, and Royale (HR Mode sounds interesting too) - then I would be bringing an ace as well.

Alas, I will only be playing those events, unless they make the club event rewards drastically better.  Also, Royale is the least important of those to me, so that might basically be another day/weekend of WoH for me.
    This is pretty crucial. While my Keeper Sp(Gibson) continues to crush, my keeper bats have been collecting dust for months. However, If I was certain that I'd stay gold or lower, I would absolutely take 3 bats if it was an option.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @DFBB - are your keepers irrelevant because their max rating is 550 or less, or because it was too costly to fully level their skills?  I know that you have an incredible team, but I would think that a 550 max lefty bat with skills at 20/20 would at least be useful in WOH?
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    @DFBB - are your keepers irrelevant because their max rating is 550 or less, or because it was too costly to fully level their skills?  I know that you have an incredible team, but I would think that a 550 max lefty bat with skills at 20/20 would at least be useful in WOH?
    Have you seen the skill cost on keepers? Getting it to 20/20 is absurd. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Once lxp became readily available, my keeper bats quickly fell behind. Skills are everything and it simply wasn't cost-effective to take keeper skills to 20/20.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    If we can choose 3 players, I would still bring an ace no question. 
    Over a really good closer?
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Gibson has been outstanding as my closer with skills only at 8/9. I had horrible luck acquiring a LH closer for WOH  and finally bit the bullet and updated Ichiro to 20/20 skills. He was great as my closer until my luck changed landing  LH closer. I  still use Ichiro in the last 4 batters if WOH. Posey was my RH bat and still my catcher but rarely use him in WOH.
    Rippers said:
    Gibson has been outstanding as my closer with skills only at 8/9. I had horrible luck acquiring a LH closer for WOH  and finally bit the bullet and updated Ichiro to 20/20 skills. He was great as my closer until my luck changed landing  LH closer. I  still use Ichiro in the last 4 batters if WOH. Posey was my RH bat and still my catcher but rarely use him in WOH.
    You have Ichiro at 20/20? Impressive! Keepers skills were insane this year, but I wonder if they're attacked ASAP if keepers would end being cheaper than cycling 8 legends through each position 🤔
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Have you seen the skill cost on keepers? Getting it to 20/20 is absurd. 
    That and they havent been top of the curve since legends came out
  • AllstarbennyAllstarbenny Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    DFBB said:
    It's my understanding that it includes one pitcher, but no announcement has been made so I guess they can always change their mind.

@retirepujols

This is pretty crucial. While my Keeper Sp(Gibson) continues to crush, my keeper bats have been collecting dust for months. However, If I was certain that I'd stay gold or lower, I would absolutely take 3 bats if it was an option.
    I agree with that. From what I've seen it's better to stay silver or gold if you really want to have chance in upgrading batters and pitchers. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stay at silver/or gold for TSB20. It takes too much to upgrade them past gold. I wouldn't mind keeping 3 bats though.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    If the skill cost is the same and we can take any 3 players I would go all pitching...bats never stayed in my lineup long enough and were only helpful while jumping up a level. (Also the higher power ratings from 18 killed the hit rating compared to 19 batters) Where as my keeper pitcher never left my rotation once.