Glu CS

cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
For those that don’t know me very well, I don’t complain about 99.9% of the shït that goes on here. Today’s issue tops the cake for me...  My main account was a very successful diamond squad that got repeatedly jailed for 24-48hrs while the “team” investigated. A week didn’t go by wherein I didn’t get soft jailed. I got tired of it, and abandoned the team altogether.  As all of this was happening, I started developing my other team (silver), now gold, simply because I couldn’t access my main. That didn’t bother me until today. I asked CS if they could transfer club leadership to my gold account so that I can manage the club I built.  I was polite with CS during my request. They responded that this cannot be done. I went back and forward with them, stating that in fact it could be done. I know it can be done, because I’ve seen them do it. My question is- why is there such a massive disconnect on their end wherein there is no definitive line? What quantifies a one time courtesy?

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    For those that don’t know me very well, I don’t complain about 99.9% of the shït that goes on here. 
    Dude let’s be real, at least 33.3% of your post involve complaining about/making passive aggressive comments about due to past complaints about a mod 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited February 2020

To address the op, WAIT!!!!!  Glu has a customer service department????  Please hook me up bro, I can only contact their customer no service department!

@Bigpredfan.  
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Yeah, dude, that sucks. CS cannot be relied upon, and they serve some better than others. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Looks like the edit of my post above didn’t come out right.  I edited the post because I think the ice cold hoppy beverage I am drinking made me confused and caused a case of mistaken identity.

My apologies to @Bigpredfan
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    For those that don’t know me very well, I don’t complain about 99.9% of the shït that goes on here. 
    Dude let’s be real, at least 33.3% of your post involve complaining about/making passive aggressive comments about due to past complaints about a mod 
    Come to think of it, you’re right. This time I’m actually pissed tho
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    In the past they have  done several “one time” courtesy’s for my team. Like give players back or give missing cvc rewards and then only to be told no we can’t do that the next time and never have etc.. And then the next day they have no issue doing it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ CS inconsistent?? Massive understatement 😕
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Come to think of it, you’re right. This time I’m actually pissed tho
    I’ve been there. Then I honestly beat myself up for getting so upset over a game. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I’ve gotten so fed up with in-game CS and supervisors who were so incompetent that I decided to use the Contact Us from this forum (https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/mlb-tap-sports-baseball-2019/ ) At least with this issue, I was greeted by a competent agent who fixed the issue immediately while politely saying they are investigating another issue. Complete difference from in-game support. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    I’ve gotten so fed up with in-game CS and supervisors who were so incompetent that I decided to use the Contact Us from this forum (https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/mlb-tap-sports-baseball-2019/ ) At least with this issue, I was greeted by a competent agent who fixed the issue immediately while politely saying they are investigating another issue. Complete difference from in-game support. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    I’ve put in an email to that link. Hopefully I don’t get the same generic response 8 times in a row
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Just wait until next year when they expand this money grab to a hundred more countries. You think this is a troll job now? Just wait. The best is yet to come.

Their tickets will likely go up 10-fold.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Pierre just tried to help me with a login issue I’m having with the transfer to 2020 version. His response was to repeat the screen instructions that are not working... I’m preparing to speak French in order to get past a potential communication issue, since Quebec French is Canuckland’s other official language... I’m sure my Grade 10 French from a million years ago will be welcomed, unless I get handed over to Raj who will then ask in Punjabi where I’m from...to which I will reply “Hell man, I’m in Hell....”
    It's all done with mirrors
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited February 2020
    tshea510 said:
    That actually leads to the same people.  You just got lucky with who you got.

OP - CS changing who the club leader is is a multiple-step process, especially if we're talking about both accounts belonging to you.  First, you have to prove both accounts belong to you.  Then, your current account has to be made Assistant GM, then the leader has to be made a regular member, then the Assistant GM has to be made leader.  It has to be done in those exact steps, or there's a high probability that the club gets bricked, which would cause everybody in the club to have their game crash.  This has happened multiple times before.  When we give people too much power, things break.

We have a low number of staffers in house that can work on these easily with no problem, but they're assigned to the VIP Hotline.  Everybody else goes through regular CS, which is constantly being retooled.  When people do a bad job, they do a solid job replacing that person.  The problem is that also means it's another additional person to train.

And so on and so forth.  I'm not making excuses for anybody, but I thought it would be important to transparently tell you how this works.

I'd also be more than happy to help you out with your account personally.  Just know that I'm not on the forums 24/7, and I garner DMs all the time and read them in the order than they come in.
    tshea510 said:
    That actually leads to the same people.  You just got lucky with who you got.

OP - CS changing who the club leader is is a multiple-step process, especially if we're talking about both accounts belonging to you.  First, you have to prove both accounts belong to you.  Then, your current account has to be made Assistant GM, then the leader has to be made a regular member, then the Assistant GM has to be made leader.  It has to be done in those exact steps, or there's a high probability that the club gets bricked, which would cause everybody in the club to have their game crash.  This has happened multiple times before.  When we give people too much power, things break.

We have a low number of staffers in house that can work on these easily with no problem, but they're assigned to the VIP Hotline.  Everybody else goes through regular CS, which is constantly being retooled.  When people do a bad job, they do a solid job replacing that person.  The problem is that also means it's another additional person to train.

And so on and so forth.  I'm not making excuses for anybody, but I thought it would be important to transparently tell you how this works.

I'd also be more than happy to help you out with your account personally.  Just know that I'm not on the forums 24/7, and I garner DMs all the time and read them in the order than they come in.
    Appreciate the response @blueleopard.  New season up and rolling, so I’m abandoning my 19’ club anyway. I’ll keep you in mind next time I lose my sh;t with CS. 
    So, speaking grade 10 French did not in fact help communication with Pierre and after a couple more rounds of repetitive suggestions that did not in fact answer my question, I was put on to Jace. Unfortunately Jace has so far only been able to provide instructions that I am again very familiar with and that do not help the situation....but at least Jace is now zeroed in on what I originally asked for. 
    I’m presenting this little saga for fun, as we have all gone thru similar and unfortunately much worse. I am being very polite and patient, in part because I totally expect it and in part because it’s just the nature of the beast....be polite, be friendly, have some fun with it if possible and eventually most issues get fixed (unwarranted jailings not withstanding). I totally get the frustration that results if you’ve lost currency, rewards, been inconvenienced, been financially harmed etc. but you need to remember that the CS agent didn’t do this to you, that they may not have adequate training, that they’ve usually been restricted on what they can do for you directly or even may only have a few pre written responses that they are cleared to respond with....and yes, some agents are just not in the right job or are having a bad day. 
    Help them to help you....and if all else fails, send some tsb stickers 😉
    Update: ok, so I’m now on my 4th agent, and we’re making incremental progress, after about 10 msgs (some with screenshots to help with clarity) Pauline graciously sent me a Temporary Password thru help chat to complete the Change Password process, but unfortunately it failed.... I’ve sent a screenshot of the error screen and said “your move”
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    “That actually leads to the same people.  You just got lucky with who you got.”

Thanks! My dream is now ruined 😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I never replied to those threads with that suggestion to try the online group because I also figured that was the same people who got all replies. LOL

I've helped set up MANY CS-type call centers for different companies and those online "contact us" suggestions aren't necessarily better. Neither is the automated chat services some provide.

Again, CS is a strong reflection of a company's true feeling of their customer base. I honestly don't blame the reps for their lack of knowledge and training for this game. At this point, it is clearly all done by design by the leadership. Poor CS = more revenue for this game, so nothing will change.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service