Royale Weekend 2/21/20 - 2/23/20

2Next

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    @drsmartassphd Vid boost or gold? Skills at 18-18?

20/20 Skills. I posted his picture above.

Video boost only. I don't use gold for Royale.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Topped it off with a Grand Salami!!!

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Found time to play while wife and daughter were on their shopping excursion. Video restart, 80g boost, 2 straight outs, then the miracle began. May have to try this again! 😂 

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    2/3 on Ruth with 12/12 G10 Reggie Smith. Hit Bowa on my 1st box. Would love to hit Judge but doubt that's gonna happen.
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    3-3 against Ruth. 
    Hernandez all three boxes. 
    That goes with my 24 black boxes and Segura in both pity boxes.  
    Guess my “good” luck is back. 
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Skills are 14/14. Took me a few restarts and an 80 gold boost. Wasn’t cheap. But was well worth it for a first timer. 

• RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    After chasing to the tune of 22K gold yesterday landed him today with a CVC box !
    likenight said:
    3-3 against Ruth. 
    5-5 against Ruth (with Yount)
    Hernandez in all 5 boxes. 🤬
    Working in my third pity black box, just need 3 more. 
    Cannot seem to pull a player. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Evans 7/7 against Ruth vid boost only. Hernandez the first 5 times, then Bowa, then Judge. Finally able to put some points up in Prime games. 
    edited February 2020
    likenight said:
    likenight said:
    3-3 against Ruth. 
    5-5 against Ruth (with Yount)
    Hernandez in all 5 boxes. 🤬
    Working in my third pity black box, just need 3 more. 
    Cannot seem to pull a player. 
    Dang, another Segura in my pity box. 
    That’s 36 Black boxes and 3 Segura’s to show for it. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I will share my tale of weekend WoH for all that will listen in the hopes that you don't bother trying to cycle cap when in this format.

After consulting with my advisors I decided I was going to go bold and cap Bowa. Some of you may recall my rant (raving even?) against lefty pitchers last week so after capping Bernie (4 total pulls in 20k gold) I saw an opportunity to combat that lefty magic and took it*.

*TL;DR: it was a mistake drenched in regret...

I knew it was a mistake after it took 8 cycles to even land Bowa. Foolishly went to D5 with 2 days to go in Royale thinking I'll have this wrapped up by sundown Saturday and at the worst Sunday morning.

At this point Teoscar was nearly a lock to reach diamond and a better pxp resource than Reddick so brought him to s10, cycled then g10 with the plan to be he lands where he lands as clearly Bowa should be capped before he was. See gif above.

Only got him to D7 and overall I was 3/24 with Bowa repulls by noon Sunday and said eff it and stepped him up to D8, cycled, pulled Teoscar, D9, cycled and pulled Teoscar again. In fact, on 22nd cycle I pulled Teoscar from box II, III, and IV to cap him.

The moral of this story? Don't bother with Royale WoH unless it's a guaranteed player or the reward is so good that you're okay capping outright.

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Sorry man, that sucks and I totally agree with your conclusion.  I basically used the same plan - landed Bowa on about cycle 5, then leveled him to D5.  It took a total of 28 cycles to cap him, but it really stressed me out, especially since I had an 0 for 15 stretch before hitting on 3 of my final 5 cycles.  I also landed Judge around cycle 10, leveled him to D9 and then repulled for the cap.  So my plan ultimately worked, but frankly I don't think that I would attempt it again.  On the plus side, Bowa has a 2.659 OPS so far, easily the best on my team.  Judge has an OPS of 2.508 which is only a slight improvement over the 510 guy that he replaced.  
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    By the time my weekend WOH was finished with only repulls...  Teoscar 41, Bowa 9, Judge 1. Thought it would be considerably more lopsided than even that, but I hit Bowa 6 times in a row at 1 point