Who would you keep?

blueprintblueprint Registered Users, Member 4 Posts

Will ATGS be way more expensive to level as far as keepers next year? I need some help. Would like to keep one ATG hitter and one regular legend hitter. 
Prev1

Comments

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    our Keepers from last season all had the same levelling costs. The cost to level up an ATG was the same as a legend, prime, or bxp guy.  
    Also, your keepers will start over at B1 and 0/0 skills. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    blueprint said:

Will ATGS be way more expensive to level as far as keepers next year? I need some help. Would like to keep one ATG hitter and one regular legend hitter. 
    You will probably get different opinions on this.  Specifically people that like Reggie Smith.  I’m not one that likes Smiths skill combo.   Of what you got id go with Hank and Posada
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    None of the above 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    None of the above 
    This
  • davidwg1davidwg1 Registered Users, Member 59 Posts
    If you keep an ATG do they continue to stay at the highest rated player throughout the new season as well or just the highest at the start of 2020?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I agree with pujols and monte... but if that is what you end up choosing from I would go with Reggie and posada. I’m sure you will pull better options before 20 launches. Still to early 
    davidwg1 said:
    If you keep an ATG do they continue to stay at the highest rated player throughout the new season as well or just the highest at the start of 2020?
    Nope. They follow the same trend as any other keeper. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Just curious why you guys aren’t considering Hornsby given no double on skills for CvC with any of these guys ? Personally, I’d take Hornsby over Reggie or Hank if I had him. 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Hornsby, Berra, & Paige ATGs are my current keepers. If I pull Wagner, Hornsby falls out. 
    I brought over 540 Paul Molitor (double vs LHP) into 2019 as my keeper. A month into the game, he got left behind. Why? Because almost all pitchers you face will be right handed. There is no Babe Ruth in the first half of season. You need dominant left batters. 
    I brought over 540 Paul Molitor (double vs LHP) into 2019 as my keeper. A month into the game, he got left behind. Why? Because almost all pitchers you face will be right handed. There is no Babe Ruth in the first half of season. You need dominant left batters. 
    This.  I made the same error keeping Mantle
    I wouldn’t let the fact that Babe has been the final woh pitcher the last couple of months cloud your judgement.  
    The reality is the LHP skill is arguably the least versatile skill in this game.   
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Keeper Schmidt was useful to me as a last 4 guy until they replaced Ford with Babe as the lefty pitcher boss. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Probably Mantle and Posada or Yogi for me to maximize the pennants. 
  • davidwg1davidwg1 Registered Users, Member 59 Posts
    Sorry to do this to u all but I would b interested to know ur thoughts on who u would keep based on what I have right now...thanks   
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Wagner and Berra
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @davidwg1 So depending on what you play and where the ATG maxes go, I would take Evans and Dykstra for WOH purposes.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    @davidwg1 So depending on what you play and where the ATG maxes go, I would take Evans and Dykstra for WOH purposes.
    Why Evans over Wagner? Same skills, but Wagner will continue to go higher in overall max. Plus OF are a dime a dozen. You won’t have to worry about replacing a SS cuz he’s ur WoH stud vs LHP.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    That's why i mentioned depending on where maxes go. Plus i also totally overlooked he had Wagner
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Depending on what the hitting ratings end up being for the 600 max guys, Guerrero should be considered too since he can close against both lefties and righties.  He'd likely sit on your bench outside of WOH, but he's strong stick.    
    I’m so confused as to why people feel the need to have a strong right handed hitter. They will be crippled for all game modes 95% of the time. 
    I’m so confused as to why people feel the need to have a strong right handed hitter. They will be crippled for all game modes 95% of the time. 
    Because 95% of people look at this game thru a Walk off Hero lens.   I did too at this time last year and learned the hard as the game shifted from that being the end all be all mode.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Right now as it stands I'm carrying over Green, Posada, and Paige. Once I got Mathews with double rhb skill and then Green who eventually knocked Mathews down a few notches. Things got whole lot easier for me and then when I got Posada with the double rob, his versatility got me over the hump. Now all can change if I see a double late innings for WoH purposes or double blowout for CvC purposes player come out. Right now it's Green and Posada... Need that big stick lefty bat.... Extremely valuable!
  • maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    edited February 2020
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Hornsby and posada
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    Hornsby and posada
    Those are my keepers at this point too. I pulled Babe Ruth today. Posada has the same skills and max but is a catcher and a switch hitter. Too bad, Babe.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    I am kind of reluctant on taking two righty killers as keepers though. I remember in June Ryu was the 6.10 guy for a while and i struggled.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Who would you keep Posada with double Rob or this guy.... Just got him out of a CVC box...actually got him twice... Glu just glu'd things up for me 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I would wait for 600s
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited February 2020
    deleted
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17