Window Shopping: All eyes on the Sandman!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited February 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Dang. $99, presumably, for a 1% chance at Rivera. I know there's a nice chunk of gold and lxp, but the expected probability for Rivera is less than 23%! Good lord!  😭😭😭

edit: Now that i'm a bit more calm, I guess it's not the worst thing in the world if you need/value gold and lxp. If you're the type that's okay with spending a bit: you'll get 13k gold and likely, over 600k lxp. I guess for some, that's worth the $99. Whatever. I'm still salty about it. :(

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The theme of making most of the good pitchers only available with cash is pretty disappointing.   Especially since they are just eye candy 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    It’s about time that Glu made a modern-day player an ATG! From my calculation, his stuff rating is ~677, putting him 17 points higher than 580 Percival. I would love to have him. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    There is 1 month left possibly less. You’d think at this point they’d be willing to give a little when it comes to ATG. I’m dumb and if 99.99 guaranteed me Rivera I d probably buy him. But for a 1% chance? Not to mention the 2 mill lxp it will take to level him with weekday Field Pass is crazy to me. 
    I recall Cy Young was released “for sale” for $99.99, but I don’t remember that Glu ever made him available to buy with gold. What’s the likelihood of Glu making Rivera available in a box you can get with gold? 
    Horse42 said:
    I recall Cy Young was released “for sale” for $99.99, but I don’t remember that Glu ever made him available to buy with gold. What’s the likelihood of Glu making Rivera available in a box you can get with gold? 
    Correct CY was only available via purchase.   As of now Paige and Wood are the only pitchers 580 plus you could get with gold and not cash
    Oops and Percival 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    Man, I wish we could chase 'Mo with gold. Ugh!!!! Fwiw, Cy Young has yet to be in a box that could be bought with gold.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Bastards aren’t even gonna make Mariano a bonus on weekend so can’t use 50% discount. These greedy mother f**kers. AND they have to put other jerkoffs in the box to lower the odds even more. I hate Glu, they can shove it up their enis...
    Perhaps if enough of us make the request to CS to make Mo Rivera available for gold, they’ll do it. I’m sending in a ticket now. 
    When they sold Cobb boxes the next day they sold him in 1k boxes with the woh legend. To me it’s more the principle of what else they put In the box. If you’re buying that deal it’s for Rivera. The fact they had to slide 2 other ATG in there is ridiculous. Coulda just sold Rivera or 100 bucks or made him the only ATG in the box. 
    Horse42 said:
    Perhaps if enough of us make the request to CS to make Mo Rivera available for gold, they’ll do it. I’m sending in a ticket now. 
    I think Cobb is the only one that was a cash deal and then was in a gold box the next day.   But the reality is they have just been hesitant to make pitchers more available with gold 
  • NoTeethPelosiNoTeethPelosi Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    I’m so happy I went F2P. I woulda broke the bank trying to get the sandman.
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    I bet they would have sold a bunch of those if they added a keeper for 2020. 2 pitchers and 2 hitters
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I am gold and I have Paige, can’t see me wasting resources on him or Mariano if I pulled him.  Why spend for mere window dressing, especially when the end is near for the app and considering what lousy points they give for ATG’s?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Terrible investment. Even if you pull him, he'd sit on the bench if you have max 500+starters 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Once we go 600 max ATG leveling cost should go down to normal cost, but that just my opinion 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Yeah probably a bad investment.. but  pretty bummed about it  because it would have be fun to chase him regardless. So bad investment or not would have been fun and nice eye candy 🍭 oh well 😔 
    Terrible investment. Even if you pull him, he'd sit on the bench if you have max 500+starters 
    @TheLegend17 Not true when you have a capped reliever with an equal or higher rating than your SP’s rating. I have 580 Cy Young, Satchel Paige, and Kerry Wood capped at D10 with 20/20 skills. My 580 Troy Percival is slated as my setup man, and Percival pitches the 8th and 9th in at least 75% of all games played even when those starters are throwing a perfect game. The same thing happened with Hoffman when Young and Paige were 560 and the rest of my starters were over 520, Hoffman pitched the 8th and 9th for over 75% of the games. For my SPs between 520-560, Hoffman and Percival came in almost 100% of the time even when a perfect game was being thrown. This happens because by the time the 8th comes around, the SP rating fades significantly, so a capped reliever who is substantially higher than the SP rating will automatically come in. That’s why for me, Hoffman and Percival lead my pitchers in games played even though they were recently released. Also, for those of us into playing competitive Match Me games, which is what I’ve gravitated towards as the season winds down, a Mariano Rivera would be your MVP. 
    Horse42 said:
    @TheLegend17 Not true when you have a capped reliever with an equal or higher rating than your SP’s rating. I have 580 Cy Young, Satchel Paige, and Kerry Wood capped at D10 with 20/20 skills. My 580 Troy Percival is slated as my setup man, and Percival pitches the 8th and 9th in at least 75% of all games played even when those starters are throwing a perfect game. The same thing happened with Hoffman when Young and Paige were 560 and the rest of my starters were over 520, Hoffman pitched the 8th and 9th for over 75% of the games. For my SPs between 520-560, Hoffman and Percival came in almost 100% of the time even when a perfect game was being thrown. This happens because by the time the 8th comes around, the SP rating fades significantly, so a capped reliever who is substantially higher than the SP rating will automatically come in. That’s why for me, Hoffman and Percival lead my pitchers in games played even though they were recently released. Also, for those of us into playing competitive Match Me games, which is what I’ve gravitated towards as the season winds down, a Mariano Rivera would be your MVP. 
    I've also had the same experience with Hoffman and Percy. Most guys will not understand or even care, but it's actually really exciting to play against a good team in bgs/tourneys. Yes, it's an auto, but it's definitely a, 'lets go!' feeling when I'm matched up vs a d10 580 SP. If I'm ahead after the 7th, it's game over! I freaking LOVE closers! Here's hoping that the Sandman is available as a pitcher draft in the next few days. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    The offer just showed up again for me. My question is: which odds are correct??? ATG’s show 30/1000, but the LXP is 240/, 240/, and 230/. Glu’s mathematical ability is more along the lines of a second grader, however I am curious which odds are actually correct. Has anyone actually bought this deal? I’d be a buyer if ATG odds were the 1000-240-240-230 remainder! 
    fahhq2 said:
    The offer just showed up again for me. My question is: which odds are correct??? ATG’s show 30/1000, but the LXP is 240/, 240/, and 230/. Glu’s mathematical ability is more along the lines of a second grader, however I am curious which odds are actually correct. Has anyone actually bought this deal? I’d be a buyer if ATG odds were the 1000-240-240-230 remainder! 
    I sent in a message yesterday, but I guess it didn't get fixed. Presumably, it's 320/320/330(in some order) and 30 for atgs, but who freaking knows. smh.
    fahhq2 said:
    @fahhq2 About half of the folks on my club bought the Sandman $99 twice, but only 1 has pulled Rivera. He got it on the first purchase 14 boxes in. Everyone else received LXP on 100% of the pulls. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    🤞🏼Thanks guys
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Bought it twice but not opening the second batch until CS provides clarity on the odds. Sent them a ticket and they said they are reviewing it and will provide a follow up. 
  • ScottsdalesmashScottsdalesmash Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    I know it's Rivera and all.  However teams are always blowing out games it doesn't matter who the closer is.  Seems like a waste of time and money
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    No way am I spending $100 at this point in the season, much less for a low chance at an ATG.  But the better question is...is Mariano now going to be the new 6.10 pitcher in HOF?
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Metsicans said:
    No way am I spending $100 at this point in the season, much less for a low chance at an ATG.  But the better question is...is Mariano now going to be the new 6.10 pitcher in HOF?

I'd be really surprised as D10 Mariano's stuff rating is basically the same as 6.10 D3 Babe's. I don't see Glu making 6.10 easier
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited February 2020
    I know it's Rivera and all.  However teams are always blowing out games it doesn't matter who the closer is.  Seems like a waste of time and money

Not at diamond. I have both Hoff and Percival and they take the 8th and 9th almost every game, even with Wood on the mound. 99.9% of the time it's lights out.

The real drawback fro me is he's an ATG. Can't justify the cost even if he were available in a 1-2k gold box. Can't justify cost for ANY ATG since Yogi, TBH....
    well maybe they’ll make regular legend versions now of all the ATG since Rivera had a previous 450 legend. Guess he wasnt an ATG at that time but he is now. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    $99 late in February for a 1% chance of a ATG or some gold & LXP? 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022