HoF for 2-24-20: Andruw Jones!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Well, will you look at that. Jones has the same hit and is also double boosted vs babe, just like Pedro....last week's reward. 🙄

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    How is Andruw’s hit rating at B1 higher than what I feel like his career average was?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    when i think Andruw Jones, I definitely only think of his 80 games or so with the Rangers
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Nope.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Why in the world did they make him a Ranger?!  That's actually a deal breaker for me.  If he was a Brave, Dodger or Yankee, I might consider capping him, but I have zero pennants for the Rangers.  Plus Kiner is still a beast against Babe, went 28-2 over the weekend, so I don't feel the need to chase a marginal upgrade that will only help me for 2-3 more weeks before 2020 is released.  For those of you that need a righty closer, happy cycling!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Why in the world did they make him a Ranger?!  That's actually a deal breaker for me.  If he was a Brave, Dodger or Yankee, I might consider capping him, but I have zero pennants for the Rangers.  Plus Kiner is still a beast against Babe, went 28-2 over the weekend, so I don't feel the need to chase a marginal upgrade that will only help me for 2-3 more weeks before 2020 is released.  For those of you that need a righty closer, happy cycling!
    Kiner still does fine for me too.   That's I dont see the need to cap another guy just for Babe at this stage
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    How does HOF compare to Royale these days? I was able to cycle 14 times this weekend but haven’t really tried to beat HOF in quite some time.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    buddydave said:
    How does HOF compare to Royale these days? I was able to cycle 14 times this weekend but haven’t really tried to beat HOF in quite some time.
    It's very similar. You will be fine if you decide to play.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Gibson and Ruth are definitely tamed down in Royale vs WOH...my 2 cents. That said - they're still beatable in woh.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    As a big Rangers fan, I am also disappointed with Jones as a Ranger Legend. It would have made more sense to have Alfonso Soriano as a Ranger legend, and he definitely wasn’t. If you are going to do a Ranger OF legend, there are plenty of choices, although I know the licensing gets in the way. How about a Josh Hamilton, Ruben Sierra, or Rusty Greer. So many other options.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Rangers players?!?!  I'm going for all of them!!
    Just no.  
    I love the Ruben Sierra idea, he was a switch hitting stud in his younger years.  Glu how about a new feature - for players that played on multiple teams throughout their career, give us the option to choose which team we want to assign them to.  Ideally we could change their team whenever we want, but even if we could only select it one time, that would be awesome.  It would make certain players like Jones or Sierra far more intriguing and valuable - which may mean more $ for you ;o)  
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Same pitchers, same difficulty FYI 
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts

• HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    @lovingcurves do u have the chart? I haven’t had the chance to play WoH in a while so I think mines a little out of date :/
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • NoTeethPelosiNoTeethPelosi Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Fkn Bullsh*t, guaranteed loss at Gibson every fkn time no matter who I use (maxed Green or maxed Mathews) every time I’ll get it to a certain point (even extras) then 9 straight unhittable curveballs. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    * means ROB and RISP

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Ruth walked in the winning run. How cool is that ?!
    1 for 1 with vid boost. Glu's got me feeling good about my user skills this afternoon.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Fkn Bullsh*t, guaranteed loss at Gibson every fkn time no matter who I use (maxed Green or maxed Mathews) every time I’ll get it to a certain point (even extras) then 9 straight unhittable curveballs. 
    Whhhaaaaaa????

youve got an X10 Green at 20/20 and losing to Gibson?
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Why in the world did they make him a Ranger?!  That's actually a deal breaker for me.  If he was a Brave, Dodger or Yankee, I might consider capping him, but I have zero pennants for the Rangers.
    If they would have made him a Dodger, I would have thrown my iPad, then thrown up on the floor.  He HAS to be the worst FA signing in Dodgers history!  For how amazing he was  for the Braves, he was equally a big, fat POS for the Dodgers!!!

Sorry, rant over 😬
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts

@More2Most2First - true story, but you'll find no sympathy here.  On behalf of all Mariners fans, the Dodgers will never be forgiven for suckering us into the Beltre signing.  I believe he'll end up getting into the HOF, but the M's had him for 5 years in the middle of his prime (ages 26-30) and he was a very expensive disappointment.  Of course the M's have had many other terrible signings, but Beltre is the only Dodger connection I can recall.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Cleared my first three times with G10 Wager 20/20 Vid Boost only.

Challenge today again is Friggin Curve out Gibson. I'm using my video restart on him. So stupid, but whatever. I've beaten Babe the very next match each time I've wasted it on Gibson.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    Should have been palmero or juan Gonzales 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I see we're talking about free agency disasters? I know of a 10 year $240m contract that may qualify 👀
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Should have been palmero or juan Gonzales 
    Or some Rusty Greer
    Just no.  
    Is anyone getting the blank screen when trying to do a vid boost? I just happened again at 6.9 I’m so pissd
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    well I’m glad I leveled up that Wagner the other day because I was bored. Finally got my team up to caliber to win the games and beat WoH first try today for the first time. 🥺
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    edited February 2020
    0-4 so far with Yount against Ruth. 
    Feels much harder than Royale.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Cycle capped... 12 in the books. No need for the player, but it's Monday and I'm off work, so.... still 3+ hours to stack LXP & chase the LL