All-Star level 9. Do I need to hit VIP before Beta or just the actual launch of 2020?

Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
As title says. I dont want to miss out on hitting VIP but was hoping to wait till the first event in March to drop the remaining cash on some 600 player boxes.

Comments

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I would believe that as long as 2019 is running events with new bonus players, you should be ok. That’s all speculation though. Last season, a few guys got their VIP status just before the full launch
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I assume you want vip and you mean to say level 10. You'll be okay if you get it before the official '20 launch. Beyond that, I'm not certain.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I assume you want vip and you mean to say level 10. You'll be okay if you get it before the official '20 launch. Beyond that, I'm not certain.

No, I understand level 10 (8270) or whatever is the VIP threshold. I'm L9 now and $120 away. Just didn't want to take a chance and wait if Glu cuts off the new VIP's when beta launches. I just wish I had a hard target date to maximize my remaining money I need to spend. (new ATG, 600 max players, etc).

I might just dump it Monday on some special instead of worrying about or risking it.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Do it sooner rather than later coz you may find you need more cash than you think and it may not happen right away either... Monday sounds like a good plan to me
    It's all done with mirrors
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    FWIW......I got mine last year right after Xmas holidays by purchasing gold for awesome boxes in the ‘17 game. It immediately carried over into ‘18 & ‘19 seasons.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    FWIW......I got mine last year right after Xmas holidays by purchasing gold for awesome boxes in the ‘17 game. It immediately carried over into ‘18 & ‘19 seasons.

Wait? You were already playing '18 but went back and tripped VIP in '17 and it popped on both?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    The fact that All-Star progress doesn’t carry over sucks hard AF.

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I’m in exactly same situation. Another thing to consider - my understanding is that if you were to make VIP during the month of February, you would be awarded the February VIP awards from a few weeks ago and would also get the March awards that will come out the first week of March. You can double dip, so to speak.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    tshea510 said:

Wait? You were already playing '18 but went back and tripped VIP in '17 and it popped on both?
    Yes. It seems to be cumulative dollars spent, not just a season. So now, Glu will say “oops, we need to take that away”
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    One of the useless things you get when you hit higher levels are the 5-star Specialties draft picks. I was trying so hard to go level 14 at the 2020 start to get 5 of them.  Couldn’t do it so they are worthless this year. That’s the only scenario I saw where those stupid picks might have been a real advantage. 
  • maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    If playing both the 2019 and 2020 games in March, will you get the VIP monthly gift in both games or just the newest?
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    I’ve been playing and spending for years and still can’t get vip. I’m level 9 now but I’m still a couple hundred away to level 10.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    If playing both the 2019 and 2020 games in March, will you get the VIP monthly gift in both games or just the newest?
    If its like last year only 19 will get a VIP gift for March
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    The fact that All-Star progress doesn’t carry over sucks hard AF.

Seriously would have been a nice perk to have
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Probably the biggest reason I won’t be playing in 2020