'20 Beta is LIVE!!! Updated Details!!!

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    All of you filthy Americans pretending to be Canadians to get a two or three week jump 🤣 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    So no change to keepers then? Wtf...

Yea as of now it looks the same but it could still change.  That's why I am not touching mine yet.  Maybe more info in the next newsletter
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    More details will be posted soon. Feel free to share your experiences! 

-cooldown is still active
    -3 keepers(2 bats, 1 pitcher); 5x cost
    -150 video(5g per) limit daily
    -MVP leaderboard with prizes for each bracket
    -ML will have the option of a 2nd skill once you reach gold
    -Skills will now display after each pitch
    -Target Bash is a new HR mode
    -World Rankings will be based on the most recent 30 club events
    -Gold HR battles are back!
    -Sluggers will use our regular roster and 'power' will be their slugger strength

I’m always looking for the catch on things. What’s the catch on ML?  Surely they just won’t give everyone the perfect player. I’m wondering if something like adding the 2nd skill means that ML won’t always be the highest rated player in the game, much like keepers who fell behind this year 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Probably going to regret posting this...but overall 20 Beta is off to a WAY better start that 19. I personally like the Yankee stadium feature, the Target, WOH, and now Sprint event are running good and just like 19 with bundles and etc for extra points. I believe you are getting way more Franchise Coins upfront as you move through the levels compared to previous year and Aaron Judge is a prime franchise option (weirdly included in the sprint event today). A funny thing is Judge's swing is clearly different from the norm. The stance is normal but his swing is just different, effective, but gave me a good chuckle. I have already had to reach out to CS as well and it is a slightly different process but I was able to send a screen shot so that was good (haven't been able to in 19 for a while on iOS). What have y'all noticed so far??

**Edit--Glu just posted that Franchise Players will regularly be apart of club events for 20 which is a unique way to include them IMO and makes them have a more value compared to years past. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:

-Sluggers will use our regular roster and 'power' will be their slugger strength

I’m always looking for the catch on things. What’s the catch on ML?  Surely they just won’t give everyone the perfect player. I’m wondering if something like adding the 2nd skill means that ML won’t always be the highest rated player in the game, much like keepers who fell behind this year 
    One of the things many noticed is that the new player pictures leave a considerable amount of room for at least one more skill. Man, I sure hope that's not the case. 
    Normally, I'd be right with you in thinking that there's a catch. However, I think they've realized that spenders value club points just as much, if not more, than team building and it's unlikely that ML will ever be a bonus. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:

First thing I thought of when I saw screenshots of people's keepers was the skill graphic placement. Seems like there is a lot of real estate for a couple more skills. 2 to 1 for ML in 19, 4 to 2 in 20?

@JTTeams Franchise players will definitely be a thing early on. We will get tons of coins early and it's my understanding that the players will get updated.
  • CP31CP31 Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    2nd skill is added when you hit gold
    DFBB said:
    @JTTeams Franchise players will definitely be a thing early on. We will get tons of coins early and it's my understanding that the players will get updated.
    So far it looks they like they totally overhauled the franchise players. Which is a good thing imo
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Does allstar progression carry over or back to zero?
    whammo911 said:
    Does allstar progression carry over or back to zero?
    Back to Zero has been my experience. 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Surely they do give SOME people the "Perfect Player".  You know, those that suckle upon the Glu bananas, yet claim to just be a regular Joe.  
    eman0023 said:
    basically they’re forcing everyone to go Diamond or fork over a bunch of money is what I’m gathering from the video limit.
    this was the same principal in 19 and should only continue to a greater extent in 2020.  The game is meant to be played at higher tiers.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I downloaded it to the iPad because I didn’t want to link to my main account but one thing I will say is I really liked the target bash game mode.  Not that it’s that difficult to time your swing to hit it in the proper zone but having to adjust your swing made it far less boring than the standard fare HR battles (gold battles were in there too, I did like that I don’t have two rosters to manage).  It was pretty sluggish at times due to it being a beta but the stuff that was in there seemed to at least work properly.  The thing that might kill it for those of us that can’t spend is the 150 per day limit on videos if they’re not resettable via AD ID mechanics.  I know it’s early but was curious if someone has pushed into the higher ranks and they haven’t messed with diamond xp levels and whether D6 rewards have been altered.
    I downloaded it to the iPad because I didn’t want to link to my main account but one thing I will say is I really liked the target bash game mode.  Not that it’s that difficult to time your swing to hit it in the proper zone but having to adjust your swing made it far less boring than the standard fare HR battles (gold battles were in there too, I did like that I don’t have two rosters to manage).  It was pretty sluggish at times due to it being a beta but the stuff that was in there seemed to at least work properly.  The thing that might kill it for those of us that can’t spend is the 150 per day limit on videos if they’re not resettable via AD ID mechanics.  I know it’s early but was curious if someone has pushed into the higher ranks and they haven’t messed with diamond xp levels and whether D6 rewards have been altered.
    Diamond xp levels are the same and rewards in diamond have been altered slightly. Details aren't final, but fwiw, I will race to diamond.
    DFBB said:

Diamond xp levels are the same and rewards in diamond have been altered slightly. Details aren't final, but fwiw, I will race to diamond.
    Any tips on your approach to going diamond? I waited until August in 19 and regretted not getting there faster. Do you build resources before jumping levels? Level up your pitcher first? Etc. 
    JTTeams said:
    DFBB said:

Any tips on your approach to going diamond? I waited until August in 19 and regretted not getting there faster. Do you build resources before jumping levels? Level up your pitcher first? Etc. 
    I will prob just level one pitcher(wont be my keeper SP; I'll circle back to him later). Once I have enough resources for my top several bats, I'll go. However, we have new game modes this year so plans can definitely change. 
    JTTeams said:
    DFBB said:

Basically just level the bare minimum and stack your resources.  If you have your eye on diamond early theres no reason to put a lot into pitchers.   Just level what you can to help you cycle woh
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Diamond players please expand on what @JTTeams mentioned. I went diamond really fast in 18 and kinda regretted the team building fun that im having this year in gold. I am somewhat F2P.
    Diamond players please expand on what @JTTeams mentioned. I went diamond really fast in 18 and kinda regretted the team building fun that im having this year in gold. I am somewhat F2P.
    Was much harder in 18.   Gold to level players for one and also BXP levels were more expensive after gold and bxp wasnt as available.   In 19 once they made duplicate XP greater it was much easier to accumulate bxp
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Not to toot my own horn here...but back in 2018 GLU solicited player input on how to spice up the game and make it more fun...and promised large amounts of gold to anyone whose idea they used....well one of my ideas was to spice up HR derby and CVC by using "targets" in the outfield. Will be interested to see how this is implemented. 
    @Mattattack @DFBB Early on do you spend gold on the event boxes earlier on to try to get better rewards? Gold on resources (like bxp to level players faster or evo) or do you spend gold primarily on #1 draft picks trying to get the best pitchers/hitters possible?
    JTTeams said:
    @Mattattack @DFBB Early on do you spend gold on the event boxes earlier on to try to get better rewards? Gold on resources (like bxp to level players faster or evo) or do you spend gold primarily on #1 draft picks trying to get the best pitchers/hitters possible?
    I honestly dont spend much gold early on.   I dont put myself in a position where i need to buy event boxes.  I really think the best values early on are POTW and POTM boxes.  So outside of my keepers and whatever i get from cvc/gifts, i dont plan on leveling more then I have too
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    If we can only watch 150 videos a day for whopping 750 gold, then f**k TSB 2020.  They'll probably raise the minimum box to be 751 gold.
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Why are progress rewards 30 mil for gold
  • shewantsmeshewantsme Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Just wondering for those who have have the 20 version where you able to sign into account and pick keepers, keeps saying email doesn't exist and cant sign in
    edited February 2020
    Just wondering for those who have have the 20 version where you able to sign into account and pick keepers, keeps saying email doesn't exist and cant sign in
    You should be able to sign in with your email/fb account. Once you've played a bonus game, you'll see the options for your keepers.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Are 18==>19 keepers eligible to transfer to 20 as a keeper?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Houmy said:

My 2018 keeper pitcher is not showing as available to transfer
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Houmy said:

My 2018 keeper pitcher is not showing as available to transfer
    Thanks for clarifying buddy. There goes my Hammering Hank x 2 dynasty then 🙄
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022