'20 Beta is LIVE!!! Updated Details!!!

Comments

• bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Is he on your active roster? Last season to transfer players that had to be on the active roster.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts

FYI: The Bottom UI is TERRIBLE 😂😂😂 So annoying. Please get rid of that GLU. 

2nd picture was my welcome gift for a non-VIP diamond player. I know if you stayed gold or less you get a smaller welcome package (if non-vip). 

@retirepujols you will love the stickers. 👍🏻
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Is he on your active roster? Last season to transfer players that had to be on the active roster.
    They need to be on active roster but if you move them to it they become available. 

Also can’t purchase stadium to get rid of these stinkin ads, not sure if it’s because I switched to my non Canadian Apple account 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Keepers from 18 to 19 cannot he kept again. Only new players from 19 can be a keeper in 20. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Even though its still Beta if the video cap is legit count me out for 2020.
    This ^

Edit: Ok I’ll move on after this I know not a lot care about watching ads for gold. As already stated the attempt is to obviously push teams to go D6. Every new year of Tsb changes are made to be more profitable many of us have watched the changes. At some point they are going to have to look at their product, profit, and customer base and say enough is enough. Unfortunately reality is no one ever has enough $$. Their greed is not justified their product was terrible at times this year...Mistakes were constant and still are. 
    Functional ad limiter in 20? Well that’s enough for me... this level 16 all star that also watches videos 12hrs a day... will be OUT 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Even though its still Beta if the video cap is legit count me out for 2020.
    This ^

Edit: Ok I’ll move on after this I know not a lot care about watching ads for gold. As already stated the attempt is to obviously push teams to go D6. Every new year of Tsb changes are made to be more profitable many of us have watched the changes. At some point they are going to have to look at their product, profit, and customer base and say enough is enough. Unfortunately reality is no one ever has enough $$. Their greed is not justified their product was terrible at times this year...Mistakes were constant and still are. 
    Functional ad limiter in 20? Well that’s enough for me... this level 16 all star that also watches videos 12hrs a day... will be OUT 
    I think a lot of players that are paying customers much like VIP or close to VIP players will be gone. But it seems to me a lot of customers are starting to see how bad Glu has gotten with money, even though customers keep spending. So my hope is that they will take the Limit off once the game gets going and people run out of money. 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited February 2020
    I think the reason for putting a cap on the ads for now is to prevent those who are playing right now to get a big head start. For example, if I watched 120 vids every hour for 10 hours, and the game did not come out for 30 days, then I would have an insurmountable head (180,000 gold) start that simply wouldn't be fair. So I think (and hope) that this gold limit is only for the beta to prevent people from gathering too many resources. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I think the reason for putting a cap on the ads for now is to prevent those who are playing right now to get a big head start. For example, if I watched 120 vids every day for 10 hours, and the game did not come out for 30 days, then I would have an insurmountable head (180,000 gold) start that simply wouldn't be fair. So I think (and hope) that this gold limit is only for the beta to prevent people from gathering too many resources. 

I like that theory, and hope you are right. I think you are likely wrong, based on GLU's greed pattern.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    False, all the proposed changes they are talking about will likely stick. Cool Down is still in effect, the reason why no one sees it is the new teams we all made. The proposed changes for diamond they are implementing are a joke, limiting the d6 cycles to x number a week. I dont understand why this company keeps making poor decisions that ultimately destroys the game. You have a great user base that plays and spends, why are you making such bad decisions when it comes to game dynamics? Either way, the way its looking now I will not be playing 20 with these changes. I have spent too much money over the years and I think @drsmartassphd is right when this year will be even worse when it comes to milking its players for $$$. The video cap will likely stay, so watch your 750 gold a day and you get to pull 1 box a day. lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited February 2020
    dkarski87 said:
    False, all the proposed changes they are talking about will likely stick. Cool Down is still in effect, the reason why no one sees it is the new teams we all made. The proposed changes for diamond they are implementing are a joke, limiting the d6 cycles to x number a week. I dont understand why this company keeps making poor decisions that ultimately destroys the game. You have a great user base that plays and spends, why are you making such bad decisions when it comes to game dynamics? Either way, the way its looking now I will not be playing 20 with these changes. I have spent too much money over the years and I think @drsmartassphd is right when this year will be even worse when it comes to milking its players for $$$. The video cap will likely stay, so watch your 750 gold a day and you get to pull 1 box a day. lol
    The reason they do dumb shít that limits the amount that f2p players can do, is because they don't care about those players, and want to limit the amount those players can do. So the f2p players that were mad about cooldown either left the game entirely,  or continued playing but with less resources available, requiring them to spend. Few players can shed the addiction of this game, which just makes them fork over more money.

And for the top players, these guys fork over thousands every year. The last thing they worry about is how much they're spending, so they pay extra with no qualms. 

Glu makes little changes, one at a time, to slightly curb the amount that free to play players can get out of this game. Those changes add up over time, and incentive that player to spend money to stay in the game.

If you doubt what I'm saying, ask yourself this: does Glu make changes that hurt the casual, f2p player, or do they make changes to hurt their big spenders? Obviously it's their prerogative to hurt f2p players, and those players keep giving in to the wiles of Glu. Because people can't shake the game entirely, Glu preys on them continually to increase their profits.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

I don't want to whine about it, but the truth is every year they make the game a little less user friendly.  They've done it gradually to keep us all hooked, but every update I worry that they're going to push me out of the game entirely.  I have no doubt the video cap is permanent, and I'm somewhat surprised they haven't done it sooner.  This is likely a precursor to an even lower video cap in the future (if not completely eliminating videos for gold).  They want people to have to spend.  They have no reason to change for as long as the game continues to be profitable.  

In short: TSB will likely to continue to trend, slowly, away from a game that can be played on a F2P basis. 

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2020
    dkarski87 said:
    The proposed changes for diamond they are implementing are a joke, limiting the d6 cycles to x number a week.

I think this is yet another move that would come back to bite them. With unlimited d6 cycles, I'm on the app constantly and purchase field pass twice a week. Not to mention that I do make other purchases, because I'm actually on the app playing the game. I can see with a limit of, lets say 5, d6 cycles per week that I would basically buy field pass on Monday and play WOH that day, then get my 5 diamond cycles in before the weekend. Then likely not even play the weekend unless the boxes are good. Or, on Royale weekends I may alternate that and just play WOH on Monday (no field pass), then take Tue, Wed, Thu completely off and then buy field pass on Friday and do my 5 diamond cycles over the weekend. Bottom line is my screen time on the app will be cut in half, which means a lot less purchases as I won't even be logged on to see the deals.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The reason they do dumb shít that limits the amount that f2p players can do, is because they don't care about those players, and want to limit the amount those players can do. So the f2p players that were mad about cooldown either left the game entirely,  or continued playing but with less resources available, requiring them to spend. Few players can shed the addiction of this game, which just makes them fork over more money.

And for the top players, these guys fork over thousands every year. The last thing they worry about is how much they're spending, so they pay extra with no qualms. 

Glu makes little changes, one at a time, to slightly curb the amount that free to play players can get out of this game. Those changes add up over time, and incentive that player to spend money to stay in the game.

If you doubt what I'm saying, ask yourself this: does Glu make changes that hurt the casual, f2p player, or do they make changes to hurt their big spenders? Obviously it's their prerogative to hurt f2p players, and those players keep giving in to the wiles of Glu. Because people can't shake the game entirely, Glu preys on them continually to increase their profits.
    Well said
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    If they ultimately said, we don't want it to be F2P, that's fine but then they need to adjust their rates.  600-700 gold for a box that gives you a 1.3 or even 2% chance of getting a good player is ludicrous.  I bet most of the F2P players have probably put in a decent amount of cash game anyway and that wasn't worth it.  Remember all the Android sh*t we had to go through?  Is this a product that warrants these prices?

I bet instead of 2X gold weekends, they'll have unlimited video weekends but keep the rate at 5g/video.
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I havent read all of these comments, so forgive my ignorance of this question. If you are currently playing in the beta, is there no wipe before full release?
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    The proposed changes for diamond they are implementing are a joke, limiting the d6 cycles to x number a week. 
    Do we know how many times a week D6 can be cycled ?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Rippers said:
    Do we know how many times a week D6 can be cycled ?

I've heard 5 times per week, which would probably cut my time spent on the app in half. (yes, I'm crazy and play lots of BGs/tourneys)
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I havent read all of these comments, so forgive my ignorance of this question. If you are currently playing in the beta, is there no wipe before full release?
    No there isnt, but in all honesty it makes little difference.  There are no good players until the USA release.  Last year I played for 6 weeks, when it was released in USA guys caught up to me in less than a week.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Well, I will lose half of my club if the ads for gold are limited. Ugh. 

Interesting that ML is active for the club event today. 
    I think the reason for putting a cap on the ads for now is to prevent those who are playing right now to get a big head start. For example, if I watched 120 vids every hour for 10 hours, and the game did not come out for 30 days, then I would have an insurmountable head (180,000 gold) start that simply wouldn't be fair. So I think (and hope) that this gold limit is only for the beta to prevent people from gathering too many resources. 
    When has glu ever been concerned about the game being fair? 😂
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So I found this on FB, and it made me think the way they’re positioning skills could we see more than two?

• EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    "Don't attempt 6.9 or 6.10 unless your players' skills are at least at 17/17/17/17/17/17" - us advising each other on beating HOF in 7 months.
    So I found this on FB, and it made me think the way they’re positioning skills could we see more than two?

Of course more skills.. more resources spent.. more money spent. 
    Anyone playing WOH in 20? Seems pretty ridiculous. I tried HR Derby and cruised through all 5 levels. WOH level 2 was really hard. Same for 3...just curious of others experience today?
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Will they award March's VIP gifts in beta?
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Anyone just gonna play 19, and let their addiction die a slow death?
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Anyone just gonna play 19, and let their addiction die a slow death?
    That is exactly what I plan to do, although the game won’t load for me now, so maybe it’s already dead...?
  • TwoNightStandTwoNightStand Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    I’m not doing half bad today lol looking forward to mvp reward!
  • TwoNightStandTwoNightStand Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    I love how our create a legend is a bonus player lol 😂