'20 Beta is LIVE!!! Updated Details!!!

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    If they ultimately said, we don't want it to be F2P, that's fine but then they need to adjust their rates.  600-700 gold for a box that gives you a 1.3 or even 2% chance of getting a good player is ludicrous.  I bet most of the F2P players have probably put in a decent amount of cash game anyway and that wasn't worth it.  Remember all the Android sh*t we had to go through?  Is this a product that warrants these prices?

I bet instead of 2X gold weekends, they'll have unlimited video weekends but keep the rate at 5g/video.
    They will never payout 10 gold per video, no double gold. Going squeeze me out as a F2P player😢. Well, positive side is there are plenty of good baseball games out there that are F2P player friendly. It's very sad because I really enjoyed playing this game for the last 5 years. Shame on Glu for killing this game for the F2P players. Isn't that discrimination🤔🤔🤔 Hello any lawyers out there want to take a stab at this???
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I feel for players like yourself. I'm so glad I just found this around the July timeframe in 2019.

I really and truly like this game. Just a damn shame what is being done to it. Fortunately I was able to recognize it right away and adjust my "addiction".  Had I been playing since 2016 or 2017, I'd be devastated.

I was also thinking about this:

With GLU expanding this money grab to other countries...
    Which countries outside of the US, Canada, and maybe Mexico, would have hundreds of thousands of citizens that love baseball enough AND could afford this money grab?  If you expand to a place like, say, Dominican Republic...

You get where I'm going with that.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    I think the reason for putting a cap on the ads for now is to prevent those who are playing right now to get a big head start. For example, if I watched 120 vids every hour for 10 hours, and the game did not come out for 30 days, then I would have an insurmountable head (180,000 gold) start that simply wouldn't be fair. So I think (and hope) that this gold limit is only for the beta to prevent people from gathering too many resources. 
    That is a great observation. My idea was solely based on business designs for profit increase but what you said makes more sense and hope you are right! 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    I think the reason for putting a cap on the ads for now is to prevent those who are playing right now to get a big head start. For example, if I watched 120 vids every hour for 10 hours, and the game did not come out for 30 days, then I would have an insurmountable head (180,000 gold) start that simply wouldn't be fair. So I think (and hope) that this gold limit is only for the beta to prevent people from gathering too many resources. 
    That is a great observation. My idea was solely based on business designs for profit increase but what you said makes more sense and hope you are right! 
    I hope so too! If that is the case then Glu should be commended for doing something right for once but unfortunately history says otherwise.
  • davidh760davidh760 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    What players do you guys recommend so you will be able to beat walkoff hero with. 
  • davidh760davidh760 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    What boost you guys recommend to bring over 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Update: guys lost a lot of players because of some update today. Understanding it’s Beta and this stuff happens hopefully it gets fixed somehow. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited February 2020
    well it appears some things never change ^ 🧐
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Update: guys lost a lot of players because of some update today. Understanding it’s Beta and this stuff happens hopefully it gets fixed somehow. 
    I lost (4) 5 star players, replaced with junk.  But like you said.... Beta.  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Impressive. Bwaaahaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Millecors said:

Nice, hope you got some good replacements.   I lost 4 bats and have a feeling I wont get equivalent replacements whenever i get my picks back
    I did. 5 star Laureano and Scherzer.  Needed a SP.
    People laugh at that "compensation", but for such a young game it was real good.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Unfortunately I don't think the limit has anything to do with a head start.  They want more money.   I want to know if they think auto-tappers are messing it up though.  We've seen them try to combat that in the past.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    In club chats and among friends, this has made my morning! #sf #powah

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts

Worked well in slugfest lol
    It's all done with mirrors
    @Sandpipers I'l be on the lookout for mr. smoak! so far, the gem is a 3 star Gary Sanchez(90power), who has the highest  power I've seen(trout, alonso, Renfroe also at 90 power at b1).
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Sandpipers I'l be on the lookout for mr. smoak! so far, the gem is a 3 star Gary Sanchez(90power), who has the highest  power I've seen(trout, alonso, Renfroe also at 90 power at b1).

On my 20 alt my best slugger is 2 star Vogelbach with 89 power rate at B1 lol
    @1994EXPOS time to buy more picks. compensation gift was legit! I need that Vogel stick! lol
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @1994EXPOS time to buy more picks. compensation gift was legit! I need that Vogel stick! lol
    I thought you played by “The Rules”?  Shouldn’t a moderator (who lives in USA), not be promoting a product that isn’t available to you?  I mean, it’s easily attainable, but requires fraudulent activity to gain access.  Seems like a bad example from the forums’ cheerleader. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe I’m 55% correct. Who knows. 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I thought you played by “The Rules”?  Shouldn’t a moderator (who lives in USA), not be promoting a product that isn’t available to you?  I mean, it’s easily attainable, but requires fraudulent activity to gain access.  Seems like a bad example from the forums’ cheerleader. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe I’m 55% correct. Who knows. 
    Glu gave him permission and access to a build, but thank you for your concern.
    DFBB said:
    Glu gave him permission and access to a build, but thank you for your concern.
    Great! Unfortunately there is an underlying tone to my comment. 
    @blueleopard, I’d like to point out that Debby didn’t have the balls to respond to my comment. I know damn well he seen it. I’m glad you had the time to back him up. I have no issues with you, kick me out of the forum if you feel that helps. But don’t for one second believe @dfbb is a “pure player”. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

@blueleopard, I’d like to point out that Debby didn’t have the balls to respond to my comment. I know damn well he seen it. I’m glad you had the time to back him up. I have no issues with you, kick me out of the forum if you feel that helps. But don’t for one second believe @dfbb is a “pure player”. 
    I've actually ignored you for months, but thanks for making today special. To alleviate your concerns, no, I did NOT have to pretend to be Canadian. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @CanadaCubs if I had to venture a guess it seems you have a bit of a man crush on our moderator, always concerned about what hes doing. ;) He was probably testing 2020 back in October and never said a word to anyone, so who cares!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    DFBB said:
    I've actually ignored you for months, but thanks for making today special. To alleviate your concerns, no, I did NOT have to pretend to be Canadian. 
     I don’t have to be a woman at night when I go to bed with me wife either. Thanks for making today special too. 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I’m happy @DFBB is actually testing beta version for glu. Cause when he and others went to vip council, it brought so many great new features to the game.

and yes, I’m sarcastic here.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I know damn well he seen it. 
    I 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Why do y'all even give a damn? Who cares what other people do? Leave people alone and mind your own damn business, and if you're not content with that, privately message them to ask what you want to know. Y'all are petty af and need to learn the life skill of leaving people the hell alone. 

I don't agree with everything @dfbb says: we have a lot of different opinions. But this is tiresome. Move on with your life.