What is the likelihood of seeing triple gold as we did last year?

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

What is the likelihood of seeing triple gold as we did last year? 56 votes

Very likely
7%
ProbodybuilderDFBBBlackFang4YardGoats 4 votes
50/50 shot
19%
MattattackToughthundercatsfahhq2Boston0714slafrance2Punkers777COWPILEYcb11BigburgTheFullMontemouthycatcher 11 votes
Slim to none
37%
DODGERSYANKSDOAMetsicansWackGoneLocoihuffglusnowy24matt_sackett2003cobraaaronchennbuddydavedustyhunksRookieTapperTdub71UncleB238jrichmanesqFrankTheTank04criffyScaryTerryBigBibbins333Redsrulecooldowncanadacubs 21 votes
Don't hold your breath because Glu will let you die a take your wallet and max your credit cards and drain your bank account
35%
BigpredfanItsouttahere2MulderkenmanbearpuigTheLegend17TBWepaJTPASTORWaveburnersullipa8retirepujolsMore2Most2FirstAgulierspeedmythicaldragonThekid84GordonBombayMillecorsdrsmartassphd25JackieShoveItUpYoenis2squirtymcsquirt 20 votes

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    50/50 shot
    Either we will, or we won't
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Slim to none
    If there was an option to max out your Credit Cards and take what’s left in your Prison Wallet, I would’ve selected that. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    50/50 shot
    50/50 it comes the last week of the year
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Very likely
    Last year, we didn't get double gold until the last few months of the season. This year, we've had it throughout the year. On top of that, gold has definitely gone through a bit of inflation for '19. I'm not sure if that last part matters, but I think it adds a bit of logic to my opinion. It makes all the sense in the world for GLU to run triple gold videos. XXX! err, 3x! Book it! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Don't hold your breath because Glu will let you die a take your wallet and max your credit cards and drain your bank account
    DFBB said:
    It makes all the sense in the world  
    Whoa, now!
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    50/50 shot
    DFBB said:
    Last year, we didn't get double gold until the last few months of the season. This year, we've had it throughout the year. On top of that, gold has definitely gone through a bit of inflation for '19. I'm not sure if that last part matters, but I think it adds a bit of logic to my opinion. It makes all the sense in the world for GLU to run triple gold videos. XXX! err, 3x! Book it! 

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    50/50 shot
    DFBB said:
    I love the bullishness on @DFBB's part....make it rain gold!!!!!
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Slim to none
    There was no triple gold last year.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Very likely
    buddydave said:
    Disagree. There was definitely triple gold at the end of last year.
  • mouthycatchermouthycatcher Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    50/50 shot
    Hopefully!  
    50/50 shot
    Went back into the archives for this one. It's applicable again.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    50/50 shot
    50/50
    50/50 shot
    @DFBB seems pretty confident that we will. I wonder if he still has that same confidence now🤔
    Very likely
    @DFBB seems pretty confident that we will. I wonder if he still has that same confidence now🤔
    I was mostly joking earlier, but I did think it was likely to happen. Now? Ugh, confidence....dropping. lol
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

If what they are doing with gold farming in 2020 is true, this game just priced out 99% of the world's population.

It is insane to think a mobile app will demand that kind of money.

I still kick my own ass daily for contributing what I did this year.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Very likely

If what they are doing with gold farming in 2020 is true, this game just priced out 99% of the world's population.

It is insane to think a mobile app will demand that kind of money.

I still kick my own ass daily for contributing what I did this year.

Based on what I know, '20 will be a grinder's dream. Obviously, things can and do change, but if things play out as expected, f2p players that are willing to grind will be quite happy. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    50/50 shot
    @DFBB what stinks is I did the grind in 18 and it was taxing on my soul. If they made diamond less than 1000 games maybe. I know that is better than 1500 i think from 18, but its still al lot.
    Very likely
    @DFBB what stinks is I did the grind in 18 and it was taxing on my soul. If they made diamond less than 1000 games maybe. I know that is better than 1500 i think from 18, but its still al lot.
    I agree man. I'm certainly guilty of being way too extreme and sometimes, we need to be saved from ourselves.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    50/50 shot
    DFBB said:
    I love the bullishness on @DFBB's part....make it rain gold!!!!!
    Bull-ish...that sounds like a radio edit to me🤔
    no truer words have been said in this forum

Yeah, I don't have that kind of time, nor is my desire to "grind" on a mobile app.

I did what I could do this year, put in plenty of time, too much money, then had the "rug pulled out from under me" for about 6-8 weeks while GLU squeezed its customers below diamond.

GLU is looking for big spenders that have 5+ hours a day to spend on the app as well. Sorry, I have a life.

No disrespect to anyone here, of course.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Very likely

Yeah, I don't have that kind of time, nor is my desire to "grind" on a mobile app.

I did what I could do this year, put in plenty of time, too much money, then had the "rug pulled out from under me" for about 6-8 weeks while GLU squeezed its customers below diamond.

GLU is looking for big spenders that have 5+ hours a day to spend on the app as well. Sorry, I have a life.

No disrespect to anyone here, of course.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. You'd be okay with spending hours on end on videos, but you have no desire to actually play? 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    buddydave said:

@DFBB: Yes, that is pretty much what my life/job allows for, which is why I did so well this year. I have the ability to farm gold during the day while I work. No effort or attention is required to tap ads over and over. I can do that for hours while I take care of the thing that matters most: My very nice, well-paying, work from home job that I intend to keep until I retire. Hell, I may delay retirement bc this job is so damn nice.

I also have the ability to play CvC (most rounds), which has been my primary avenue to players, along with WoH. I can't count how many legends I won in CvC this year.

So, to make a long story short: I have the time/budget to farm for gold to build a solid WoH/CvC squad, but do NOT have the time to grind out THOUSANDS of bonus games/tourney or whatever is required for constant diamond life. Not to mention the insane amount of resources required, which GLU has clearly put the squeeze on. I learned my "resource lesson" in gold this year.  It was great until about the first week of January.  Now I have about 10 guys on my bench I would have leveled up, but can't.

So, yes, that's my situation as is the situation for what I am sure are thousands of other players.
    What GLU is doing and what you are promoting is VERY short sighted.  These additional costs are going to come from somewhere....

Guess who that will be?  And yes, I realize people are already happy to spend too much. Count me out.

Very likely

So, yes, that's my situation as is the situation for what I am sure are thousands of other players.
    What GLU is doing and what you are promoting is VERY short sighted.  These additional costs are going to come from somewhere....

I wasn't referring to diamond. I was referring to staying silver/gold for gold battles.
    Oh, lol. My bad!!

50/50 shot
    Triple gold, triple gold, triple gold... As it rides off into the golden sunset probably never to be seen in the land of TSB 2019.🙋‍♂️👋 If I could change to slim to none I would. I seriously doubt we will see double gold at all for the duration.
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    I’d say 0% chance
    50/50 shot
    I would say at the most 1% chance now because there is always a chance somebody accidentally hits the wrong button.