1994EXPOS said:
    DFBB said:

Once you hit gold, the 2nd skill options will be:
    -vs lhp
    -vs rhp
    -first pitch
    -late innings
    -runners on
    Interesting, wondering if making ML's 2nd skill Late Innings would be worth it, instead of 2x vsRHP. It would be nice for WoH to have 2 skills active vs RHPs and 1 skill active vs LHP, though it would be less ideal for all other modes.

It depends on Glu's approach for '20. In hindsight, '19 didn't require elite(2 skills active at all times) cvc bats. They tried to give us 'current' pitchers a couple of times, but based on feedback, they decided that it was best to dumb things down. If that trend continues into '20, it's a no brainer for me to go vs rhp/late innings. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    DFBB said:

Once you hit gold, the 2nd skill options will be:
    -vs lhp
    -vs rhp
    -first pitch
    -late innings
    -runners on
    Interesting, wondering if making ML's 2nd skill Late Innings would be worth it, instead of 2x vsRHP. It would be nice for WoH to have 2 skills active vs RHPs and 1 skill active vs LHP, though it would be less ideal for all other modes.

Im leaning that way because I think my keepers will be lefty bats and MLs first skill will be vs RHP, if the 2nd is LI he can help me vs lefties if needed.   ML even with one skill active crushes the first few months
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    My best potential keepers are all lefty bats (Ruth, Gehrig, Yogi, Mickey (switch), Shawn Green), so I’m actually toying with making ML someone who crushes lefties. The emergence of Babe as the 6.10 guy reminds me that having a lefty killer is important too, despite my preference for lefty bats. Tough call. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    My best potential keepers are all lefty bats (Ruth, Gehrig, Yogi, Mickey (switch), Shawn Green), so I’m actually toying with making ML someone who crushes lefties. The emergence of Babe as the 6.10 guy reminds me that having a lefty killer is important too, despite my preference for lefty bats. Tough call. 
    If you go that route, I think someone like Green should be top priority.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Idk, I'm doing my best to persuade people not to make a decision based on that.  Last year we saw Whitey Ford and Tommy John at the end of WOH for the last three weeks and I think that convinced me to keep Mantle.  And then basically Mantle didnt really help me that much at all as there was rarely a need for a closer vs LHP until keepers became obsolete.   Bottom line is I would shy away from making keeper/ML decisions for next year based on the fact Ruth has been the 6.10 pitcher for a while
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    At some point in ‘20, there most likely will be a LHP at 5.10/6.10. I say 5.10, cause until the HOF/Don’t try it mode came along, you could only get BXP players from WOH and the pitchers were maxed at Gold or Platinum if I remember correctly. This was the time that Keepers were extremely valuable to cycle WOH. We don’t know what WOH will look like yet until this Monday for the ‘20 version, and it will probably change by the time the World Wide release happens. I would honestly wait until a few weeks have passed to see how WOH looks before I even choose my Keepers at this point. Have fun choosing guys and gals.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Since I just got Ruth... I'm going to do Green and Ruth and switch hitter for ML like I did this year but I'm select rhp as a skill. I kinda limited ML potential this year by stupidly giving him risp skill. He still does a good job in the lower rounds of WoH but closing out he was extremely inconsistent.

My skill preferences are: l/rhp, mob, fire skill, late innings, blowout (even though I'm not huge fan of it but it's a necessary skill for CvC), first pitch, lead off (only for WoH), rally (only for lower rounds of WoH and other game modes with the exception of CvC).

Can't stand risp, 2 out, bases loaded, bases empty (that skill has burnt me a couple times) and any other skill that flips on and off or is a game mode specialty because game mode specialty skills are not big picture skills and I feel stunt f2p players ability to build an effective team.