Want To Make Sure I Understand This Correctly: When 2019 Ends, I Can Still Play Games In It?

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I see sometimes guys mention they occasionally go back into 2018 and play WoH, for example.
Is that really the case? Do they leave it where you can still play HoF and cycle cap one last guy? If so, that means I can still beat it and potentially pull 10K LxP...

If so, what I will likely do when I get bored at work is keep a bunch of these legends I can't cap now due to the resource squeeze, and just eventually cap them over time in the old App. I've got like 7 580 guys right now and a 600.  WoH is my favorite part of the game anyway, and I'm not going to do pay for this money grab in 2020. I have no desire whatsoever to restart this whole process and pay twice as much.

If this is the case, this softens the blow of this money grab a little bit bc I can always come back and play it with a loaded roster that I can cap over time.

Yeah, I know, "Doc, that sounds boring". Don't care. To me this is no different than beating my NES games again 30 years later.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Yes, all events will(should) remain except cvc. WOH likely won’t be updated and there are no bonus players. But there will still be events with awards. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    In the ‘18 version, Monday’s and Wednesday’s are WOH and Royale days. These are Monday’s WOH prizes. I can’t post the Royale WOH prize until Tuesday.
    In the ‘18 version, Monday’s and Wednesday’s are WOH and Royale days. These are Monday’s WOH prizes. I can’t post the Royale WOH prize until Tuesday.
    I hope they keep something similar this year, a WOH box with some ATG and a good player as well as XP. I’m hesitant to think they will but that’s my hope. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    This is my plan as well. Continue to play 19 and, as someone else here said, “let the addiction slowly die.”
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    So does the reward for WoH still change each week for the 2018 or have the rewards stayed the same (pictured above) since 2019 version was released?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    They have stayed the same since ‘19 was launched.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Ok, I might have to slightly renege on my quitting of the 2019 version then.  If the last available box has a bunch of ATGs available in it, I might keep playing the 2019 version.  🤔
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

My gosh that award box is amazing.  You can literally see the game squeezing the customer as the years go on. LOL

Welp, that will be the most expensive app on my phone then! Thanks guys!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

And only a 5 level WoH? And LxP on Level 4?

Did GLU make that game?

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Whole different game without bonus players. No temp boosted guys either but season mode was still there. Streak points and bonus game points for every five wins actually mean something again. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2020

Did GLU make that game?

You should check out the 2018 forums here. You'll notice a common theme.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB, I probably shouldn't. I'm already mad enough at myself for what I've done this year.

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    They have shut down the events in previous versions  that had clubs at around the two year mark. So I’m expecting events to end in 18 shortly after 20 comes out.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Yes, all events will(should) remain except cvc.
    Yet they continue to offer the CvC subscription for sale 😂😂😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Did GLU make that game?

I’ve been pretty vocal about this change. Last year those awards were basically the last few months. You got a good player, good XP and a box for an even better player in 5 levels. Yet, this year we get lesser rewards for 6 levels. I really did find it odd how quick people forgot this. But to each their own. I don’t play much WOH this year as my personal protest, temper tantrum to this change. It’s just odd to me all the complaining we do about this game, increasing the levels and lowering the prize sort of slid under the rug this year. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts

Did GLU make that game?

I’ve been pretty vocal about this change. Last year those awards were basically the last few months. You got a good player, good XP and a box for an even better player in 5 levels. Yet, this year we get lesser rewards for 6 levels. I really did find it odd how quick people forgot this. But to each their own. I don’t play much WOH this year as my personal protest, temper tantrum to this change. It’s just odd to me all the complaining we do about this game, increasing the levels and lowering the prize sort of slid under the rug this year. 
    Exactly! To me, it seems like everyone was obsessed with the CHALLENGE of WOH, instead of actually looking at risk/reward. The rewards were never worth the challenge for me. Fan Rewards, WOH rewards sucked. Boxes at least gave hope. Why do I want to grind everything for rewards that have a 2-3 week rental shelf life? This is why going into ‘20, I could care less about WOH skills. There are more modes to this game.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Agree with @jalapenocubbies and @tshea510 although it was mentioned by several people as a side bar... and no doubt discussed in clubs like mine. There were several days I’d go around just to test the difficulty or just to get the bonus guy for points but otherwise the reward was often disposed of in a couple days after the event...or were kept to improve the lower half of my woh roster lol. It’s one of the reasons I stuck with Hornsby as my Babe closer coz he would be always at the top without having to respend lxp for a new guy with a short(er) shelf life.
    It's all done with mirrors
    @Sandpipers not a single woh award ever got fully leveled or made my lineup. They were always a step or 2 behind the top players in the game. That isn’t to say you couldn’t build a decent team with them. But again, doesn’t change my original thought it was more work for less reward this year. I don’t see that changing in 20. 

Now I REALLY regret playing this game at all.

Oh well, only a few weeks left and this little lesson is over.

For those of you who have been playing for years and can't break your addiction, I don't see how things like this that are so blatant don't piss you off.

Now I REALLY regret playing this game at all.

Oh well, only a few weeks left and this little lesson is over.

For those of you who have been playing for years and can't break your addiction, I don't see how things like this that are so blatant don't piss you off.

It’s because the game is fun. Near the end of 17 they Introduced WOH which for me atleast got me excited for 18. In 18 WOH in the summer was very very hard (Edwin Diaz, hector neris) but eventually players caught up, they made changes to make it easier and even gave great rewards for 5 rounds(see above). Then 19 came. This is pure speculation but it seems pretty clear they saw the XP and teams people were building from WOH and decided to change that to 6 levels, lower the XP amounts etc. I know people still love it, I’m just not one of them. 

• EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    Man, seeing that Kruk and Posada reminds me, did they stop using that CVC skill this year completely?  I think I saw it on an Eloy Jimemez I had but don’t remember seeing it much more at all. Which is funny since it sounds like more teams were actually building around that event this year. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Every time an offering becomes too popular, they shut it down....unless of course it’s in a buy for cold hard cash box (read CC lol). And when we say too popular, we mean ability to raise resources....cycle capping not withstanding
    It's all done with mirrors
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I don’t play much WOH this year as my personal protest, temper tantrum to this change. It’s just odd to me all the complaining we do about this game, increasing the levels and lowering the prize sort of slid under the rug this year. 
    Woh reward structure hasnt really changed since September besides adding a 5% chance at the LL.  But the rewards including a behind the curve legend and 10k Lxp hasnt changed since then.   And I think the pitching hasnt changed at all for at least 3 months.    Bottom line is it has essentially been a resource grind instead of a way to get the best player.   I accepted that for a while but I really thought they would make it more desirable towards the end but just not the way they went this year.  And no i dont mean handing out 600 players and lowering the difficulty.  Just some kind of change to make it a little more fun.  I get that the goal is to be people to buy boxes and not offer the better players "for free," but all year of the same thing finally has worn me down somewhat.    WOH went from my favorite day to my least favorite day here lately.    At this point in the year 90-95% are thinking about keepers and not grinding for resources.   But yeah it could just be my issue just getting worn down with things.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I don't know if the woh rewards ALL sucked. Before legends were released there were some good primes as rewards, and even early legends rewards (that 450 Scioscia haunts me to this day). But, yes, walk off has in general been an incredible time sink for minimal reward. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I think it caters to a slightly different crowd.  For those that don’t spend much, or are F2P, that grind is worth its weight in gold for the LXP reward.  Even if the player reward isn’t all that great.
    I think you guys are missing my point. I think the walk off awards this year have been fine, a decent player and a small chunk of lxp. The problem is, last year you got a solid players, a nice chunk of lxp and pxp as well as a box to pull a great player, all for 5 rounds not 6. I think overall the woh rewards took a step back from 18 to 19 and took more time. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I think you guys are missing my point. I think the walk off awards this year have been fine, a decent player and a small chunk of lxp. The problem is, last year you got a solid players, a nice chunk of lxp and pxp as well as a box to pull a great player, all for 5 rounds not 6. I think overall the woh rewards took a step back from 18 to 19 and took more time. 
    Absolutely woh took a step backwards that’s not even arguable.And I don’t think anyone would  argue that it didn’t. 
    Last year you could obtain a top current overall player from woh and get bank resources. This year you could obtain a 2nd string player with minimal resources. Obviously the goal is to buy boxes spend money blah blah.... and now gold videos are pretty much gone. Not enough people pissed off about all the changes made to Tsb throughout the years. The whales keep spending and shrug of the changes.
    Tsb customers are like the frog 🐸 in the pot of slow boiling water 💦.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Wasn't the difficulty in 2018 much higher? I didnt play, but like a nerd I perused the forums and it sounded TERRIBLE. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    If you had teddy it was easy
    Wasn't the difficulty in 2018 much higher? I didnt play, but like a nerd I perused the forums and it sounded TERRIBLE. 
    Over the summer, yes. Potm Hector Neris and Edwin Diaz were very hard. I don’t remember when it switched guessing Septemberish? It got easier and then they started adding good players, good XP, and the extra player box.