FOIL Clayton Kershaw?

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Help me out here. What am I missing? What is the difference in the two?

They both look the same, and I'm a Kershaw away from big bonuses too. LOL

No, I won't try and get him either.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    The “foil” version has like a rainbow holographic thing going in. Otherwise they are both 570 LL pitchers. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I can slightly make that out now...

So it's  nothing special other than higher bonus points so folks will chase.

Lame

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    At 1/1000 I would like to think even the most aggressive player won’t chase that and this is coming from a guy who dropped 95k gold chasing Mantle. 

With those "odds", he should take BxP to level up.

Speaking of BxP, seems that's all I win in CvC these days.

Again today, first three boxes....ALL USELESS BXP

• EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Guy in my club has had no luck with pitchers this year.  Really has no options for a keeper so spent all of his gold on Kershaw box.  Spent 8k, 32 boxes, no Kershaw.  After how bad I lost my shirt for Kerry Wood, I wouldn't touch that box.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I have had no luck with SP this year either, so I decided to take a few shots at him.  Set my limit at 10 boxes, and landed him on #10. 

Not the foil version, but I really only wanted him for keeper purposes.  My best option was 490 max Kershaw from the California dreamin' box...

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    37 boxes for the boring one.

I like the idea of a low odds player (cause we all have the same damn players) but not one that has zero influential difference on your team aside from the color of the overused moving graphic. Don't know what else to say about it anymore but stuff like this is so wide of the mark.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Absolutely retarded 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2020
    37 boxes for the boring one.

I like the idea of a low odds player (cause we all have the same damn players) but not one that has zero influential difference on your team aside from the color of the overused moving graphic. Don't know what else to say about it anymore but stuff like this is so wide of the mark.
    I think it's a great concept, but I wish they had gone about it differently. In particular, the foil one should have better ratings than the 'normal' version. I also wish they would've adjusted it to 5% for the regular and 1% for the foil. That would create a true chase, but one that is more realistic. 

edit: Fwiw, there's a pack of 240 Kershaw boxes at $99 in 'specials.' Roughly 1 in 5 that buy that bundle will land that foil version. I know a chase is a chase, but yeah.... 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • AllstarbennyAllstarbenny Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    I haven't had any luck with pitchers. My keeper going into next year is looking like prime Sandy Alcantara, haha.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I haven't had any luck with pitchers. My keeper going into next year is looking like prime Sandy Alcantara, haha.
    And you're going to somehow land Hoyt, the best pitcher of '19! Book it! lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

I just went against my better judgment and chased him. Gave myself a ten box limit.

9 BxP boxes and 1 Evo.

I'm at the point where I hate the sight of BxP. What a friggin useless resource to put in boxes at this point. Even when I got BSD Brett yesterday on the pity timer, I pulled BxP 7 times.  This is unreal.

One should have a higher overall otherwise this is on the same level of stupidity as stickers 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Fwiw, there's a pack of 240 Kershaw boxes at $99 in 'specials.' Roughly 1 in 5 that buy that bundle will land that foil version. I know a chase is a chase, but yeah.... 
    Is that with the 99 limit purchase or without? 😂😂😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    DFBB said:
    And you're going to somehow land Hoyt, the best pitcher of '19! Book it! lol
    I hope so, haha. I haven't pulled a legend for a minute. I've been pulling prime players but no luck with legends so its bound to happen anytime now.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Can someone help me open these 23,760 boxes my finger is cramping. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    One should have a higher overall otherwise this is on the same level of stupidity as stickers 
    You watch your damn mouth...
    You watch your damn mouth...
    🥺🤐
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts

Spent 11k gold chasing until I got the boring one. Happy with it though, my other option for a Keeper pitcher was a 520 Kevin Brown. I also set a ten box limit but of course went way beyond that……

Never fight a man with a perm
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Luckily got him on box 3.   Probably my keeper as of now as I do not have Paige
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Same, I have 510 Alcantara and 510 Grienke. Same stuff rating too. One will be my keeper unless I get lucky between now and '20. Maybe VIP gift will help.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I like the foil idea. Just more eye candy is all. People showing off multiple, leveled Legend RP and yet complain about a new Shiny. Can't make everyone happy. 
    Same, I have 510 Alcantara and 510 Grienke. Same stuff rating too. One will be my keeper unless I get lucky between now and '20. Maybe VIP gift will help.
    I had a streak of getting legend players but that calmed down after I got Mantle so I'm hoping to get a legend pitcher but it isn't looking like I will, haha.
  • WackGoneLocoWackGoneLoco Registered Users, Member 95 Posts
    1 out of 1,000 chance for the same rating is just idiotic. All they did was get the impulsive ones to bite. Then offer the 240 box one to get the impulsive ego driven buyers to bite.
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    1 out of 1,000 chance for the same rating is just idiotic. All they did was get the impulsive ones to bite. Then offer the 240 box one to get the impulsive ego driven buyers to bite.
    Those impulsive ego driven buyers guys are Glu's bread and butter.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts

Nobody should be chasing the foil one anyways. It's just in there as a bonus. If you hit the foil version, cool, if you don't, who cares.

It's like hitting the gold versions of Hearthstone cards (if anyone here plays it will know what I'm talking about). Same stats, Just a more rare version that looks unique.
    Am I dumb....or wasn't the Kershaw box yesterday 250 gold.  Today is 500....
  • maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    Am I dumb....or wasn't the Kershaw box yesterday 250 gold.  Today is 500....
    The odds increased on chances of getting them 
    Wasn't the regular one always 5.9???
  • maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    The foil was 1 in 1000, it’s 5 in a 1000 now