3/9 WOH

jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
Was kinda hoping for better for the potential last WOH of 19. 

Prev1

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

My favorite player growing up. Won't level him.

Hope this isn't the "grand finale".  Would only be appropriate, however. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Grandy is pretty good altough Grandy an LL is LOL.

Was hoping the lxp would maybe be a little more but I guess that ship sailed
  • maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    They changed one of Murphy’s skills
    What's Murph look like now?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

LHP, Hot hitter
    Ouch. Even worse now.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Not just that...he has bxp 400 numbers in that screen wth.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    Classic is murdering me today. I'm something like 0 for 8 on the last level and only made it past round 8 once.
    Last Monday I completed 12 cycles with a slightly weaker lineup. And the week before that I did about 10 with an even more slightly weaker lineup.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    edited March 2020

I HATE Bob Gibson. Cheating SOB. Effing pitches going through my damn hitter and it's a friggin strike. This crap helps me so much never download 2020 lol.

That is all for now.

Seriously though, this sucks. He is so damn easy to beat too.

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts

Still hate cheating POS Gibson. Wasted the video reboot on him again.

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    good ol 0 for 4 against Babe. Ill take the next two days off and farm gold.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    As bad as woh reward is today it would lead one to believe this isn’t the last woh for 19..  Or perhaps it’s just a fitting end? 

So 2019 shutting down for 2020...

Will there be an official announcement, or this is yet another item you are just supposed to guess and figure out on your own?

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

Will there be an official announcement, or this is yet another item you are just supposed to guess and figure out on your own?

Yup pretty much. There was no official announcement last year.. it was a guessing game and I was sitting on over 30k gold last year when it dropped 😂
    not happening this year lol 
    edited March 2020
    "I was sitting on over 30k gold last year when it dropped"

Were you able to use it for boxes to fish for keepers, etc?
    Yeah that would be nice to know. I'm sitting on 25K gold, but will hold some when I go back and play WoH in 2019 to level up a ton of guys. I'll need that and EVO, so stocking up now.

"I was sitting on over 30k gold last year when it dropped"

Were you able to use it for boxes to fish for keepers, etc?
    negative boxes almost went away instantly.   And there hasn't really been woh boxes all year.
    edited March 2020
    Good to know. Thank you.
    I was thinking I could still try to get George Brett (or another lefty with the same skills) as a 2020 keeper.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

Last year it just sort of ended. Monday they had WOH and released new potw boxes, Tuesday it was over and 19 started. I’d venture a guess and say they may be a little more formal with it this year but it was going around sometimes next week is possible launch day so I’d expect there to be no more than a week or so left. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I hate how the game ends just as we get all the great players maxed out...drsmartass did the best thing ever not getting vip...i don’t want to play 20 but I feel like I should download and collect vip gifts just in case, but I know that will lead to spending and playing eventually...my goal is to only play season mode till playoffs and start playing then when the weather starts to get shitty. Hopefully I don’t get sucked into playing 2020....
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    good ol 0 for 4 against Babe. Ill take the next two days off and farm gold.
    0-4 for me as well
    with Wagner and 80g boosts. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    I hate how the game ends just as we get all the great players maxed out...drsmartass did the best thing ever not getting vip...i don’t want to play 20 but I feel like I should download and collect vip gifts just in case, but I know that will lead to spending and playing eventually...my goal is to only play season mode till playoffs and start playing then when the weather starts to get shitty. Hopefully I don’t get sucked into playing 2020....
    There’s very few that can do that. The second you download 2020, is the second you’re a player. Takes too much discipline to not play. This is why I took Preds advice- had my wife change my Apple ID. 

As much as I complain about the frickery that goes on in this game, I have to let you know I just had the extreme outlier go in my favor.

For the fifth time today, effing Gibson curved me out. So I video reboot. I was 4-4 prior finishing Gibby, then Ruth each time to this point, so I just keep going with it. Once again, I coast through Gibby after the reboot, then this happened...

Get to Babe. Starts me out with three straight pitches in the dirt. Loads bases. Lol. Double in all the runs. 6-3. He then throws two more in the dirt. Bases loaded again. Another double. 6-6. Then he threw me three more in the dirt and walked in the winning run. Needless to say that’s never happened. 8 **** walks. Unreal. I wish I had recorded that. Crazy RNG after another Gibby video reboot.

Someone at Glu didn't divide by zero...

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    There’s very few that can do that. The second you download 2020, is the second you’re a player. Takes too much discipline to not play. This is why I took Preds advice- had my wife change my Apple ID. 
    I’ll probably get TSB20, but without knowing my password for iTunes I can’t purchase anything. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    I’ll probably get TSB20, but without knowing my password for iTunes I can’t purchase anything. 
    Same on my end. But I know this game too well. You do need to spend to be competitive. If not 12 hours a day F2P, then your wallet needs to open up. FP Is a requirement at diamond. I have the money, just not the time or care
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    I’m going to 20’. But taking a break for say 7 months.  Only play woh.  Mooch off my team.  Change my name to Moochie Wilson or Moochie Betts.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

I HATE Bob Gibson. Cheating SOB. Effing pitches going through my damn hitter and it's a friggin strike. This crap helps me so much never download 2020 lol.

That is all for now.

Seriously though, this sucks. He is so damn easy to beat too.

Stop playing walk off hero, dude. Just stop
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    0-8 
    80g boost each time
    fck it
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    likenight said:
    0-8 
    80g boost each time
    fck it
    Still got the skills at 12/12?