A Year in Review: Best of 2019

ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
As 2019 version comes to a close, what do you think was the best thing about TSB in 2019?

A Year in Review: Best of 2019 29 votes

Pity Timer on Boxes
27%
MattattackDODGERSYANKSDOA2003cobraCOWPILEYmythicaldragonfatDaddydrsmartassphdStillHaray 8 votes
Stickers
13%
buddydaveretirepujolscriffyTheFullMonte 4 votes
Extra Bases Event
0%
Free Gifts
13%
CHXDGITjerrye23TXAG17MapleMaddux 4 votes
Forum World Series
10%
ihuffglubarnstormbombersBigBibbins333 3 votes
Smack Talk
6%
TyroneEastwoodsquirtymcsquirt 2 votes
Making DFBB Moderator
0%
Blue Leopard's Insight on Forums
0%
Nothing, Everything Was Crap
3%
whammo911 1 vote
Other (Will Post Below)
24%
Bigpredfannavyjack77JCAM80Tdub71cb11jalapenocubbiesShoveItUpYoenis2 7 votes

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    I believe that 2 new things were some of the best additions to the game this year

1.  Field Pass. We complain about prices a lot, but this was a game changer and was very beneficial to me this year. It goes in conjunction with point 2
    2.  The lower cost of leveling players/discounts to level players. The ability to level players effectively made this year much easier than 2018. Then add in the potential leveling discounts from field pass/weekend discount clubs and that may have been one of the best things to work in the favor of the players for 2019
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    Removal of gold as a leveling resource in Diamond, followed closely by pity timer. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    A combination of 1/7/8.

Having @DFBB and @blueleopard gives a sense that at least someone is hearing the issues/complaints of us "common folk".  Any progress towards transparency and communication between players and GLU is better than the garbage we have received, and will probably always receive, from just CS.

Adding the pity timer is also at least a half-step towards that end.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    Agree with bigpred especially on #2
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    Field Pass and decreased leveling cost at platinum and diamond for players. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    I also liked the guarantee box, or pity timer as it’s referred to. I know not everyone loved it, especially when you pull a bxp or low level prime but it’s better than more nothing I suppose. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Pity Timer on Boxes
    I think the Pity Timer was great add, especially when there is a player you want to chase.   I remember before that I had dropped around 50K looking for a player a couple times and game up empty.   Now most of the time I can get the player I need if I'm chasing.   Probably my favorite thing in game.

Obviously the community on here has also been fun.  Dont need to name everybody but a main reason I still play the game.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I liked that for the most part - videos worked better than they did in 2018. There were still problems this year, but if you think back to 2018 it was way worse.
    I liked the way that ATGs were bonus for multiple weeks. Last year I got ATG Willie Mays he was bonus for the event I got him in....but not for weeks afterwards. The fact I ended up with 9 ATGs this season - means I was pretty well covered with a bonus guy in every event for the last half of the season.
    I liked the way they did the Signature Primes during the playoffs. That was kind of fun - looking forward to your guys increasing as their team went further.
    I liked the way the did the leagues - once they got it all ironed out. I definitely appreciated the rewards for playing in Cooperstown clubs.
    I guess Extra Bases was a positive too....basically just free stuff for tapping a few buttons in the morning. I never really tried to "compete" or get emotionally invested in it....just play my plays...get my rewards...move on.
    The fact that I'm straining to think of positives tells me something....I can rattle off 100 negative things that pissed me off all season.....
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    I liked the way that ATGs were bonus for multiple weeks. Last year I got ATG Willie Mays he was bonus for the event I got him in....but not for weeks afterwards.

Funny you mention that, I pulled Willie Mays ATG this year and he was bonus for exactly 0 events. 
  • StillHarayStillHaray Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Pity Timer on Boxes
    I vividly remember when the Astros box and beast box came out I went approximately 0-52 on the Astros box and close to 0-30 something on the beast box before ultimately hitting a hot streak and ending up with Hicks, Belli, Mazara, and Thor. With the pity timer came jacked up box prices, and that was probably to be expected. Can’t have a good thing without some kind of negative side to it with this game. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    Field Pass by far was my favorite new addition to ‘19. I hope it stays in ‘20.