3/11/20 Royale

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
Best Royale Player Rewards we’ve seen in a long time today 

Comments

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    You’re talking about Urshela, right ? 😂
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Nah, the ATG box a few weeks ago was the best. I wish they were doing that one again.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Saving the worst royale for last I guess. What utter shit. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Still no bonus points for Willie Mays. What was the point of releasing him other than to gouge money from customers 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I think my disdain for WOH came to a head today. In no scenario should this happen. I lost to Babe 5-0, didn’t even get a hit with this matchup. 

• Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    You think that Ferrell worth chasing for keeper?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I think my disdain for WOH came to a head today. In no scenario should this happen. I lost to Babe 5-0, didn’t even get a hit with this matchup. 

If I'm looking at that right, you have a 20/20 Bench with an 80G boost?

That is simply unfathomable to lose that badly in that scenario

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

If I'm looking at that right, you have a 20/20 Bench with an 80G boost?

That is simply unfathomable to lose that badly in that scenario

He is 17/20 on both and an 80 gold boost so close. Either way that should never happen. 
    That’s just **** stupid.  And shit like that is what kills this game.

People spent serious cash to land specific players to beat specific scenarios....and it just doesn’t **** matter sometimes.  You’re just getting bent over and screwed.  
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

That is why I quit using the 80 gold boost. I saw the exact same friggin sequences when I didn't use it.

Also, after sinking 12-18K of gold into a player, it is asinine to me to pay more gold to play the games offered within the game. Just a constant money grab.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    For those who've been around WOH long enough, we've seen the "over-powered" problem.  You would logically think that a super-powered player with another 80g boost would be better, but that's almost never the case.  I bet if you attempted that round 20 times, 10x with 80g boost and 10x with video boost, you would win more often with the latter set-up. 
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    I stopped using the 80g boost as well. Seems the 40g boost seems to be more effective.
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I just went 0 for 2 on vid boost and one 80 boost. Lost both times 5-3 bases loaded. Using Evans g10 18-18
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I think it's just completely random.
    I was 1 for 2 against Ruth today with 12/20 Wallach using video boosts. I hit Damon on the first box so didn't try cycling.
    I've had streaks of 0-fers using boosts, gotten pissed and used no boosts and won easily. It doesn't make sense to do worse with boosts but sometimes it just does.
    A couple of times this season I’ve run in to a scenario where they will NOT let you beat Gibson if you have the video boost in your back pocket.  I went through that window for about 3 hours today, where he was just an awful See You Next Tuesday....despite that I used a lesser player on Monday and dominated him.  Just makes no sense.

vid reboot....and I beat him and Babe with ZERO combined outs.
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    A couple of times this season I’ve run in to a scenario where they will NOT let you beat Gibson if you have the video boost in your back pocket.  I went through that window for about 3 hours today, where he was just an awful See You Next Tuesday....despite that I used a lesser player on Monday and dominated him.  Just makes no sense.

vid reboot....and I beat him and Babe with ZERO combined outs.
    Gibson is an absolute nightmare in WoH for me. I’ll beat him the first two times through easily, after that it’s 9 straight paint it black dream crushers. 
    Monday and Wednesday were polar opposites for me.  I was 7-7 vs Babe yesterday.  But got my ass handed to me by Gibson.

monday was the exact opposite 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I understand why Gibson is at 6.9 and Ruth at 6.10. The challenge there makes perfect sense for GLU to set it up. A really fast pitcher, followed by one that varies a lot in speeds. You have to change the approach.

What makes Gibson so shitty is that his curve outs are so...."blatant". Like, they will sometimes almost go through my hitters. So you go from straight pitch after straight pitch to all of the sudden a bender that's about to leave the stadium. Then the stupid ump says "strike one".  UGHHHH

I can't count how many times I've beaten that cheating SOB with all singles too.  Point being, he is easy to beat when he doesn't cheat.

However, Monte's point stands for me too. When I waste the video boost on Gibson's cheating ass, 99% of the time I follow up with a quick beatdown of Babe too.  So, if that's how it has to go, so be it.

PS - Frick Gibson

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    If I beat Gibson using just a video boost, I usually get put out by Ruth 1,2,3 and it’s 50/50 whether a video continue will get me a win. If I use 40g boost on Gibson, I had better use 80g boost on Ruth or I’ll lose 5-4 with bases loaded and then get killed with the video continue. Finally, if I use 80g boost on Gibson, followed by 80g boost on Ruth, I’ll cycle 90% of the time. Gehrig vs Gibson, Hornsby vs Ruth both with skills at 16/16
    It's all done with mirrors