Slugfest, the final kick in the face

EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
I am guessing that yesterday was the last slugfest of the year.  Slugfest was hyped hard going in as a great way to get resources and I bought in.  This year they never changed the rewards or the types of players (no primes or legends).  They haven't even updated the tower in I don't know how long.  While the evo was nice in this cooldown era, slugfest was the red headed step child.  I am a glutton for punishment.  I played every week from the first weeks getting Baez and Betts to this final week getting Giovanny Ushela.  Yes Giovanny Ushela in the wrong hat and uniform.  It did not matter that he didn't play a single game for the Blue Jays in 2019, there he is in all of his glory.  There was no NL home run champ & home run derby champ Alonso, or Al home run champ Soler.  I foolishly played each week hoping it would get better, and if I stopped I would get behind.  At the end, I figured I would keep going so I could at least say I won every slugfest event this year.  So I at least have that.  Anyone else struggle through all year?

Comments

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Four or five months in when it became apparent Glu had completely abandoned slugfest, I quit putting my attention to it.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    It was clear early on that it wasnt going to be a big deal so I adjusted accordingly
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I thought it was clear in 18 that it was a lame duck
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I am guessing that yesterday was the last slugfest of the year.  Slugfest was hyped hard going in as a great way to get resources and I bought in.  This year they never changed the rewards or the types of players (no primes or legends).  They haven't even updated the tower in I don't know how long.  While the evo was nice in this cooldown era, slugfest was the red headed step child.  I am a glutton for punishment.  I played every week from the first weeks getting Baez and Betts to this final week getting Giovanny Ushela.  Yes Giovanny Ushela in the wrong hat and uniform.  It did not matter that he didn't play a single game for the Blue Jays in 2019, there he is in all of his glory.  There was no NL home run champ & home run derby champ Alonso, or Al home run champ Soler.  I foolishly played each week hoping it would get better, and if I stopped I would get behind.  At the end, I figured I would keep going so I could at least say I won every slugfest event this year.  So I at least have that.  Anyone else struggle through all year?
    When '19 launched, I was running cash battles like I currently run D6 cycles. I went all out because it IS the best way to build a brand new team. In fact, I will take the exact same approach for '20. I hate to beat a dead horse, but if you go back to the early days of the '19 forums, many shared the opinion that SF would be irrelevant beyond the first few weeks. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    When '19 launched, I was running cash battles like I currently run D6 cycles. I went all out because it IS the best way to build a brand new team. In fact, I will take the exact same approach for '20. I hate to beat a dead horse, but if you go back to the early days of the '19 forums, many shared the opinion that SF would be irrelevant beyond the first few weeks. 
    I knew I wouldn’t play it past silver early this year, so I abandoned it early. But 20 will be different because you don’t have to build a whole 2nd roster. I’m curious  to really see how it plays out, especially if gold battles are a thing with regularity like the cash battles are. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I found value in playing the weekend royale slugfests - only because it was the one way to get my evo resupplied.
    But was greatly disappointed that the level rewards weren't enhanced all year.