Keeper Question

PADRESSUCK619PADRESSUCK619 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
Would it be worth keeping one player with double LHP skills and another player with double RHP skills? I was thinking Orlando Cabrera and Lenny Dykstra.

Comments

• RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    It depends on what you enjoy most. Personally, I'm doing that because WOH  is by far my most enjoyable part of the game. If you prefer CVC or other events you might want to focus on blowout or other such skills that work against LH or RH  pitchers. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I would keep Willie Mays double late innings... oh wait 

• PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Would it be worth keeping one player with double LHP skills and another player with double RHP skills? I was thinking Orlando Cabrera and Lenny Dykstra.
    RHP is way more valuable than LHP due to the prevalence of RH Pitchers in the league and therefore, this game. However, I get the reasoning that you might want a WOH ace who can hit LHP if needed. Based on what I am seeing, here is what I would do assuming you don't pull anything better between now and 2020.

Lenny Dykstra - 580 overall, RHP, RHP. OF is a deep position, but it's hard to ignore a Lefty with double RHP skills. WOH closer player right here. I'd say it's your best lefty.

Roger Hornsby - 600 overall, Runners On and LHP. At 2B, a position I think is usually thin, this is a great option as a top R batter. While LHP isn't as valuable, the Runners On balances it so in WOH or other modes, he should have at least one skill active most times.

Schmidt - I'd recommend him over options like Cabrera. Runners on is more valuable IMO than LHP. You could take him over Hornsby.

Cabrera - I'd avoid.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts

Thoughts on who I should take to ‘20? Main focus is WoH, most enjoyable part of the game to me. 
    Was thinking of taking Babe and Brett but might need a RH ace. Also have Hank Aaron inactive. 
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    TBWepa said:

Thoughts on who I should take to ‘20? Main focus is WoH, most enjoyable part of the game to me. 
    Was thinking of taking Babe and Brett but might need a RH ace. Also have Hank Aaron inactive. 
    I would take Brett and either Bench or Cabrera. Depends if you want to fill the SS or C need. Gives you a closer for WOH from both sides of the plate. I'd probably go with Bench since C is tougher to fill.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Rippers said:
    TBWepa said:

I would take Brett and either Bench or Cabrera. Depends if you want to fill the SS or C need. Gives you a closer for WOH from both sides of the plate. I'd probably go with Bench since C is tougher to fill.

I think Ferrell is a better choice than Bench but since you're focus is on WoH, Brett and Bench might be what you want.
    Has anyone tested the hot hitter skill in WoH on '20 yet? I wonder if it activates after the first hitter in the new game.
  • PADRESSUCK619PADRESSUCK619 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    RHP is way more valuable than LHP due to the prevalence of RH Pitchers in the league and therefore, this game. However, I get the reasoning that you might want a WOH ace who can hit LHP if needed. Based on what I am seeing, here is what I would do assuming you don't pull anything better between now and 2020.

Lenny Dykstra - 580 overall, RHP, RHP. OF is a deep position, but it's hard to ignore a Lefty with double RHP skills. WOH closer player right here. I'd say it's your best lefty.

Roger Hornsby - 600 overall, Runners On and LHP. At 2B, a position I think is usually thin, this is a great option as a top R batter. While LHP isn't as valuable, the Runners On balances it so in WOH or other modes, he should have at least one skill active most times.

Schmidt - I'd recommend him over options like Cabrera. Runners on is more valuable IMO than LHP. You could take him over Hornsby.

Cabrera - I'd avoid.
    Thank you for your detailed insight. I bought a 20 box bundle and somehow pulled Ferrell and Hoyt Wilhelm. Now I'm wondering if he's a better pitcher keeper than Satchel Paige. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts

Cabrera - I'd avoid.
    Thank you for your detailed insight. I bought a 20 box bundle and somehow pulled Ferrell and Hoyt Wilhelm. Now I'm wondering if he's a better pitcher keeper than Satchel Paige. 
    Yes.  Stuff rating is higher, therefore slightly better, imo.  I finally landed him too.  And I believe that Ferrell is the best right-handed hitter released so far, due to the position he plays and the skill that is useful in all modes.
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Rippers said:
    TBWepa said:

I think Ferrell is a better choice than Bench but since you're focus is on WoH, Brett and Bench might be what you want.
    Has anyone tested the hot hitter skill in WoH on '20 yet? I wonder if it activates after the first hitter in the new game.
    It’s gonna be a tough choice for me for sure. I’d like Ferrell for CVC but I can’t put up any damn points without the weekly sub and I’m trying to be F2P in ‘20. Catcher, 3B, and SS were the toughest spots last year. I had a 4 1/2 star Ramos in there until the end of April.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    C, 2B, and SS we're my tough ones.  I am going to have a tough time deciding between Ferrell and Yogi...  I have no idea who my other will be.  Babe, Mick, Brett? No idea...
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    TBWepa said:

Bench and Brett in my opinion
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    I was gonna take Bench but this year I think I landed every Catcher that was available since I brought over LL Realmuto. SS was my weakness all season for some reason