Extra Bases Shenanigans

baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
I finally have my team strong enough to make a good push for a top spot in the rankings and in typical Glu fashion, they give everyone the same lineup. At least change the milestones if you’re going to give us a crappy lineup that can barely score any points. Thanks for rewarding those who actually spend money and resources trying to build a strong team! Geez this company makes some dumb decisions!!

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Geez this company makes some dumb decisions!!

That’s an understatement 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    It was not a great result today for sure. Didn’t even get to Tier 4 of progress rewards. The extra bases with a special lineup is beneficial to gold teams or lower. You’re screwed if you are diamond. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I'm Gold and I don't even waste my time with Extra Bases. Useless game with crappy prizes. If I play, I have waffle bat, if I sim, I'm lucky to get over 1,000 points. I usually ignore it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    It was not a great result today for sure. Didn’t even get to Tier 4 of progress rewards. The extra bases with a special lineup is beneficial to gold teams or lower. You’re screwed if you are diamond. 
    Yea if you are diamond you are better off ignoring it.   I didnt make Tier 4 either.  
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I'm Gold and I don't even waste my time with Extra Bases. Useless game with crappy prizes. If I play, I have waffle bat, if I sim, I'm lucky to get over 1,000 points. I usually ignore it.
    With the special edition lineup today you probably would have done much better than any diamond team. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    It’s pretty aggregating, the last week and they stick us with a special lineup instead of the one we spent a whole year building.
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Well if you really want to be a stickler extra bases originally intended to have special lineups to even the playing field but it was a joke then they took them out to keep everyone from complaining so it’s diamond team always winning, so they put them back in now at the end, although I do think they should be to the level of what your team is you should be playing silver with silver and so on and so on to make it even so you complaining about you lineup you’ve built is irrelevant it’s for cvc this is extra bases 🙄
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I think the special lineup is cool.

What I don't think is special is how the lineup seems to have nerf bats compared to normal CvC.

I'm a solid Gold team, but EB is pointless. I never play it. Every so often I will try it (like this morning), hit a couple of weak grounders with someone like Babe Ruth, then quit. So, I'll try to sim, get 100 points, then laugh.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I love the special lineup since I’m gold I can actually compete. Played 1 ticket last night and shot to first:

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts

I think the special lineup is cool.

What I don't think is special is how the lineup seems to have nerf bats compared to normal CvC.

I'm a solid Gold team, but EB is pointless. I never play it. Every so often I will try it (like this morning), hit a couple of weak grounders with someone like Babe Ruth, then quit. So, I'll try to sim, get 100 points, then laugh. 

I’m not even sure how that’s possible with a good silver or gold team. The Special Lineup is designed for Silver/Gold. Are your pennants maxed at 60/60?
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Well if you really want to be a stickler extra bases originally intended to have special lineups to even the playing field but it was a joke then they took them out to keep everyone from complaining so it’s diamond team always winning, so they put them back in now at the end, although I do think they should be to the level of what your team is you should be playing silver with silver and so on and so on to make it even so you complaining about you lineup you’ve built is irrelevant it’s for cvc this is extra bases 🙄
    Yeah but it’s also well known that they **** up everything with the special lineup which nerfs higher level teams, or atleast ahhh **** it I really don’t care...lol
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I’m a 215k gold team and I put crap in EB. There’s really nothing to understand logically, just like cvc in 18 where great teams were puting crap 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    eb is ALL about manual play from my experience. Put up 3k with both video boosts, used the video restart and am still batting as I speak this. Currently 155k with a 1300 multiplier 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    eb is ALL about manual play from my experience. Put up 3k with both video boosts, used the video restart and am still batting as I speak this. Currently 155k with a 1300 multiplier 
    well the fun has ended... but what a ride lol. 

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Not to mention that in game it shows their skills are active although they’re at level 0.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Not to mention that your lead off guy starts the inning off with two skills that are turned off 🤦