Thoughts on this guy as a keeper?

judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    ❤️.  That is my personal favorite skill.  IMO he is the best right-handed hitter released so far, given the max, skills, and position.  Some people prefer to take left-handed hitters, but I am not that worried about WOH, so I might keep him over Yogi, since taking 2 catchers seems dumb.
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    I chased him and got him. With no Yogi here, he might be one of my keepers as C is slim IMO.
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    was thinking I can plug him in at catcher and be set for the year there. Skills are ok for walkoff and great for cvc etc.

i hate the righty’s with double lefty skills since they suck for cvc.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited March 2020
    So do you guys think that Ferrell > Posada?

(C) Ferrell 600 max hot/hot (bats right) Red Sox
    (C) Posada 580 max rob/rob (bats both) Yankees
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    edited March 2020
    Also, is it that desirable to even take a catcher to 2020, since your ML can catch?
    If you take a catcher, your ML will end up DH'ing, right? Anyone you keep could DH.
    I have Ferrell (C), Posada (C), Ruth (OF), Gehrig (1B), Hornsby (2B) and Cabrera (SS) and I can't decide.

I guess Gehrig's vsRHP/RISP skills should rule him out.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited March 2020
    So do you guys think that Ferrell > Posada?

(C) Ferrell 600 max hot/hot (bats right) Red Sox
    (C) Posada 580 max rob/rob (bats both) Yankees

IMO it really depends if you're prioritizing WoH over every other game modes or not. If that's the case I'd keep Posada out of those 2 because I much rather have 2 skills active at the start of a WoH round than 0, on top of always having platoon advantage. If not then I'd keep Ferrell.
    Personally, I think Ferrell >>> Posada.  That has a lot to do with me favoring CVC, tourney, BG over WOH, though. 

Given what you listed, I would take Ferrell and Babe.  That is probably who I am taking, as well.

C and 2B have been notoriously hard to fill over the last 2 years (at least for me), so I will make ML a 2B.
    Yeah, I also like CVC, tourney, BG. Funny that when I first pulled Babe (got him three times) and Ferrell I assumed they wouldn't be keepers, but now those are my leading candidates.

I didn't know we could make our ML anything other than C/DH/inactive. I remember very little about designing my ML. I discovered the app in August and was clueless. My 2019 ML is right-hand hitter only (LOL) and his skill is
    2-outs (LOL).

Thanks for the advice guys.
    edited March 2020
    Another burning question: do people who stay at gold all year still play tourneys and bonus games?
    I stupidly found myself at Diamond with no resources to level anyone just because I kept playing BGs and the playoffs.

Do gold players play the BGs and then just not play the playoffs that would send them to platinum?
    edited March 2020
    I never got to use any of Ferrell (C), Posada (C), Ruth (OF), Gehrig (1B), Hornsby (2B) or Cabrera (SS), because I had already committed my LXP to Kaline, Kruk and Kingman (and never even got any of them to D10 until I got Kruk there last week. He's a 470 max - lol). I didn't know better choices would come along. I also had Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, Mike Schmidt and others. All of those guys never got an at-bat.

I am eager for 2020 so I can get it right this time.
    Yes, ML can be any hitting position.  Most people go C, since that seems to be the position with the least amount of top-end talent, but with Yogi, Bench, and Ferrell there are some good options this year.

Yes, gold players just continue to play BGs and tourneys for club points, and the game rewards, just don't play the playoff series.

If you are already in diamond, grind out BGs and tourneys, and keep playing the playoffs.  You can cycle D6 over and over for the 7500 gold, etc.  There is no limit in '19, but apparently there will be a limit of 5/week in '20.
    Thanks Tdub71.
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    Another burning question: do people who stay at gold all year still play tourneys and bonus games?
    I stupidly found myself at Diamond with no resources to level anyone just because I kept playing BGs and the playoffs.

Do gold players play the BGs and then just not play the playoffs that would send them to platinum?
    I stayed Gold in 19 after going Diamond in 18.  I just didn't play the playoffs that would have bumped me to Platinum.  For 20, they'll likely make it harder to stay in the lower levels and incent teams to level up through the ranks so my approach will cater to the new lay of the land.  
    edited March 2020
    I just hope I can stay silver and gold long enough to experience WOH, CVC, season mode, etc at those levels and have my dudes capped.

In 2019, I started in August (with no keepers), just played vs games against my friend for a couple months (I guess I was bronze the whole time), then I started playing BGs for the BXP and ended up diamond before I ever tried WOH, CVC, clubs, etc. Never bought FP until 3 weeks ago. Autoplaying full games is so cool.

My team was so weak at diamond I could only win about half of my BGs at first.
    Things got better though. It was still fun.
    edited March 2020
    In '18 I raced to gold, and camped there for the rest of the year.  It was nice being able to level the shiny new toys quickly.

I did the same in '19, but it was too much of a money-suck for me.  I took 4 months off, and came back the first week of January.  I committed to being F2P for the rest of '19, so I jumped to diamond.  About 8 weeks in diamond now, and $0.00 spent.  It is a grind, for sure, but I am enjoying it more, I think.