Hopes for AL/NL Central Legend

SupremeKingSupremeKing Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
Assuming that the next week’s boxes will be AL and NL Central, what 600 max legend would you like to see and what skills?

I’d love to see Roberto Alomar in ALC and Andre Dawson (favorite player as a kid) in NLC. I’d like both with some combination of MOB and/or Hot Hitter. 

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Think Repeat players. They won’t be introducing new players for what appears to be the final week.
  • SupremeKingSupremeKing Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I know how this works. That’s why I said “hopes” not “expectations.” Need something to do this weekend with no sports on TV and this weekend’s boxes being a waste. 
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    I hope for double hot hitter in a scarce position, like SS or 2B.... I'm feeling the hot hitter skill these days
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Think Repeat players. They won’t be introducing new players for what appears to be the final week.

I believe this is the correct take.  I would say there is a low likelihood of it being brand new guys we've never seen.

Using the rubric above....I would think these would be the candidates

You can probably toss out anyone that has had a 560+ version

Joe Morgan (2B)

Kenny Lofton (OF)

Ernie Banks (SS)

Al Kaline (OF)

Rod Carew (2B)

Paul Molitor (DH)

Torii Hunter (OF)

Albert Belle (3B)

Jim Edmonds (OF)

Ken Griffey (OF)

Chris Sabo (3B)

Tony Perez (1B)

Cecil Cooper  (1B) - already been at least two of these

Orlando Cepeda (1B)

Gary Gaetti (3B)

Paul Konerko (1B)

Ozzie Smith (SS) - did we see a 570 in Fan Rewards?

Chuck Knoblauch (2B) - I know we had a 520, was there a 560?

Darrel Porter (C)

Andy VanSlyke (OF)

Red Shoendienst (2B)

Bill Freehan (C)

Chet Lemon (OF)

Omar Vizquel (SS)

• txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    I’d bet Griffey theres only been one of him so he could be the one x2 righty skill 
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I want Dale Berra (double blowout).
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    edited March 2020

We've had 3B and OF coming out of our ears.  Lots of C recently too.  I would have laughed at you if you told me 6 weeks ago that I'd be saying this....but I could really use a 1B upgrade.  Given that GLU has given us a ton of "Babe Killers" and most 1B on that list are RH.....that's one I could see them doing.

Like others have said though, I'd be thrilled to see 2B

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts

We've had 3B and OF coming out of our ears.  Lots of C recently too.  I would have laughed at you if you told me 6 weeks ago that I'd be saying this....but I could really use a 1B upgrade.  Given that GLU has given us a ton of "Babe Killers" and most 1B on that list are RH.....that's one I could see them doing.

Like others have said though, I'd be thrilled to see 2B

Couldn’t agree more.  I think most of us are tired of the 3B babe killer. 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    There will be 4-5 new ones. 2 from boxes, 2 from woh (Monday & Wednesday), and gold reward (Tuesday/Wednesday). So there will be plenty to choose from. I’m hoping for a Visquel! 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Just so you guys don’t get too far ahead, I would take the game day by day. No one really knows when 20 when he released but if they do it like last year 19 will be cut off the day 20 is released. So there is no guarantee for a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or weekend event next week. I hope there is but just be prepared. 
  • EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    Assuming that the next week’s boxes will be AL and NL Central, what 600 max legend would you like to see and what skills?

I’d love to see Roberto Alomar in ALC and Andre Dawson (favorite player as a kid) in NLC. I’d like both with some combination of MOB and/or Hot Hitter. 
    Dawson would be sweet but Glu would probably list him as a Marlin or something. 

Meanwhile, I have about 30k gold left looking exclusively for a suitably-skilled Ryne Sandberg. 
    Just so you guys don’t get too far ahead, I would take the game day by day. No one really knows when 20 when he released but if they do it like last year 19 will be cut off the day 20 is released. So there is no guarantee for a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or weekend event next week. I hope there is but just be prepared. 
    ^^^^^
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Players I would love to see: 
    Jason Giambi, Jeff Kent, AJ Pierzynski, Jim Thome, Miguel Tejada, Ichiro, Brett Boone, Aaron Boone, Bobby Abreu, Frank Thomas, Paul Konerko, Sammy MFing Sosa. And last but not least TOD HELTON! 
    I don’t care if most of these guys juiced, this was the juicing era, make a skill that adds 30% power to the player, i don’t care, get it done!
    Ha!  Sign me up for a “Juicers” box
  • SupremeKingSupremeKing Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    edited March 2020
    A Juicers Box sounds awesome! Can there be a juicing skill with a needle icon?
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I would love to see a double late innings Jim Thome or double fire Miguel Tejada and for CvC purposes a double blowout Frank Thomas. And one last ATG Cal Ripken Jr. MoB and fire skill or MoB and lhp skill. And make Cal a 620 overall. I know I'm dreaming but I can wish right?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Miguel Cabrera LL would be nice. I like the Jim Thome and Frank Thomas idea as well, but they’d be more apt to give us another Kenny Lofton than to give us a new Legend.