Reimplement slugfest day on weeks with weekend royale.

124Next

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2 is my hero 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Rammina2sRammina2s Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    That is an incredible chart!! It has helped me through a couple of fests tonight 🍤🍤🍤🍆🍆🍆
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2- Thanks for the chart brother! 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    mpimen007 said:
    I am extremely upset and aggravated in what glu is doing with this game this year. I've been playing since 2015 and hardly complain about how they handle this app... but I think today is the last straw for tap 20. As someone who enjoys slugfest and has been able to clear Royale slugfest (not easily mind you) every week since the start of tap 2019 what they did with their first slugfest event is a damn shame. They have made it impossible for a casual player or even a VIP player like myself to enjoy this game. Shame on you. I'm so upset over this. I was looking forward to this event when I noticed it popped up this morning because it is the ONLY aspect of this game that I've had a little success with... but how difficult they made level 5 is a crime and they should be ashamed of themselves! Please fix this and scale back the difficulty like you had it for Royale slugfest. I'm beyond upset. 
    With so many people away from work and home now you have a huge opportunity to grow your brand and grow your customer base.  People miss baseball and you were supposed to be the answer to that.  Instead you decide to make a version of this game that is almost impossible to enjoy for the hardcore player never mind a brand new player.  You really need to rethink this strategy soon.

Mike

PS. Your "adjustment" did very little in terms of lowering the difficulty.
    It really wasn’t that bad and this was the first ti me I really EVER played slugfest. 

You needed to do a 20% power boost on the last three levels of 5.10. Some people might be upset about this but we do this without THINKING in woh. I cleared once using 20 percent boost. I tried doing without it after and I got a lot of rounds 10/10 that I was just short. 

Another example it cost me 5k Monday in boosts  and restarts to clear WOH for nico, in slugfest it cost me about 600gold. It was much easier then woh and very much in the realm of accepted difficulty ( after the adjustment ) 

it added a FUN day and added so much more to this game. I real my don’t see where the issue is
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Yesterday was the most fun I have had so far in 2020. Cycled a few times (once it was lowered) and then slow played to help our club finish 2nd. Yes it was frustrating at first—especially because I have been active in SF and gold/cash battles all year—but once they dialed it back again it was reasonable. I spent less than 1500 in gold to cycle it several times. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I agree Moen, I was using the boost on last 2, but then I realized whenever I won the boost wasn’t a difference maker and beat it 3 times without gold after I ran out. Most of my gold went to reusing tattis for points to help my club since they all plan on going gold this weekend. I will say it would be better if the first 5 of round 5 were a little easier for autoplay but manually playing they didn’t give me any trouble. Also as the event went on my timing got really good and it got allot easier.....I know this might seem like a bragging post but it’s just my honest feedback of the event... maybe I just had killer rng all day.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited April 2020
    whammo911 said:
    I agree Moen, I was using the boost on last 2, but then I realized whenever I won the boost wasn’t a difference maker and beat it 3 times without gold after I ran out. Most of my gold went to reusing tattis for points to help my club since they all plan on going gold this weekend. I will say it would be better if the first 5 of round 5 were a little easier for autoplay but manually playing they didn’t give me any trouble. Also as the event went on my timing got really good and it got allot easier.....I know this might seem like a bragging post but it’s just my honest feedback of the event... maybe I just had killer rng all day.

This. I don't mind the last few of level 5 being tough, it was a nice challenge (post-adjustments) with a great reward. But the whole level 5 having higher power rates than my best slugger was a bit too much imo.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JTPASTOR said:
    Yesterday was the most fun I have had so far in 2020. Cycled a few times (once it was lowered) and then slow played to help our club finish 2nd. Yes it was frustrating at first—especially because I have been active in SF and gold/cash battles all year—but once they dialed it back again it was reasonable. I spent less than 1500 in gold to cycle it several times. 
    Getting Bote yesterday was easily the highlight of '20 for me. In fact, it may be my best moment in Tsb. Probably a bit of recency bias there, but point is, it was awesome!
    Speaking from a bronze experience, the adjustment was HUGE! Prior to the adjustment, it was an absolute nightmare just getting to 5.10. After the adjustment, I had a rather easy time. Sample size was small, but I definitely felt that there was a considerable difference. 
    I did some basic math and spoke with several within the community about SF. There wasn't enough data/experience with plat/diamond, but in terms of difficulty, I'd rank them this way:

1)Silver(toughest)
    2)Gold
    3)Bronze

I bring this up because it's important to remember that everyone's experience will be different. Easy, reasonable, impossible, etc. is all relative. All in all, it was a heck of a lot more fun than a 2nd weekday prime event. Here's hoping we get some more!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Silver, Gold or bronze...just remember, we are all in this together 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Is slugfest affected by the pitcher being left or right?
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Not at all, unless the LHP vs RHB & vice versa, helps you psychologically