WOH and Slugfest Royale 4/8 Goldy and a 3 Star guy

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
edited April 2020 in General TSB Discussion
A 305 guy for beating level 6.and this little guy for beating the Slugfest tower.
Prev1

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Slugfest dude has 54 power.   That's why i wish last thursday would have gone better for everyone.   I much prefer harder with a better reward then that joke of a prize.   
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    As a Cardinals fan it really sucks that I can win this player and he is useless- will not make my team nor will his bonus points be enough to justify leveling for 2 days of use.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Godly! One of the best dudes in the game. Not worth the gold it will take to beat WOH. Or is he...🤔. Nah. 😂 Is he still the prize on Monday’s for 19? 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    54 power lolololol Glu trolling the shit out of us now just challenging people to resist spending. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    On another note, how can Goldy’s speed be higher than his power? I know he’s not the slowest 1B out there, but he ain’t that fast.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The high speed is just the strategy of watering down the player.  Pretty common for the woh prize this year
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    This rewards are absolute crap. I was hoping that we would see a player level boost and ml / keeper boost but now doubt it
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    I was excited to see Wong. I pulled him and brought his skill up to whatever Prime XP was and then realized it wasn’t the late innings skill. First three innings?!?! Is Glu trying to fck with us? When is that going to be useful? Damn I regret putting XP into that.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    I was excited to see Wong. I pulled him and brought his skill up to whatever Prime XP was and then realized it wasn’t the late innings skill. First three innings?!?! Is Glu trying to fck with us? When is that going to be useful? Damn I regret putting XP into that.
    Jesus what an awful skill for a hitter, that skill should be exclusive to Starting pitchers. Hopefully they get enough complaints they pull their normal “oops that skill was an error please check out the updated new skill” rather than just admit they try to make us chase players with horrendous skills (tatis and Harper with the bases loaded skills) 
    TBWepa said:
    Jesus what an awful skill for a hitter, that skill should be exclusive to Starting pitchers. Hopefully they get enough complaints they pull their normal “oops that skill was an error please check out the updated new skill” rather than just admit they try to make us chase players with horrendous skills (tatis and Harper with the bases loaded skills) 
    On a somewhat positive note, the early innings skill is always active for CVC.
    TBWepa said:
    On a somewhat positive note, the early innings skill is always active for CVC.
    At this point with CVC boxes as they are it’s not worth it. For WoH at this point in game it’s essential. 
    I was just trying to be positive.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    WTF am I doing wrong in WOH? I've got 315 hitters seeing 9 straight curves at 1.8.  How is that possible?   
    WTF am I doing wrong in WOH? I've got 315 hitters seeing 9 straight curves at 1.8.  How is that possible?   
    @drsmartassphd could tell you why, and it rhymes with cleat.
    edited April 2020
    Its one thing to see that at later levels I think.  Happening at 1.10 when you're over double, near triple the rating of the pitcher is mind blowing
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I breezed through till I got to Corbin at 6.9 level 10 pitchers :/
    If youre bronze or silver just stop playing now 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Got through once and I’m done with woh for the day
    So because I’m silver I don’t have a chance to win Carpenter in tourney games? Not that I can win a tourney game anyway but what a joke lol. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Lol I got to 3.8 and ran into that B1 badass with a 34 rating. He promptly 9 and outed my keeper that had a matchup advantage 4x his. Video reboot, then 6 out of the zone. The one active pitch I got was a weak pop up. That guy clearly isn’t a B1. 

Yeah back to just stacking resources for later. Up to 65K gold now.

Took a team that is all 5 stars minus three positions to silver (others are 4.5 stars) hoping for better season results. I’m now 1-15 for the season at silver. Lolololol

i did better at Bronze. Either way, have still only purchased stadium investment. 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

So because I’m silver I don’t have a chance to win Carpenter in tourney games? Not that I can win a tourney game anyway but what a joke lol. 
    I pretty much have already. 
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I think I am done playing all modes except for slugfest from now on.  I moved up from bronze to silver to be able to get some bonus pts for the club and play more games.  4 games in I am seeing gold teams.  
    Does anyone else seem to struggle immensely with the Shadow Pitcher on 3.8?  I'm batting the brand new Wong there, matchup is 154 to 49.....and I've lost like 3 times now...
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I wait him out, and try not to swing at the slow ones under 60pmh. He usually walks me a few times then wait for a quicker pitch. I dont have any issues with those bronze pitchers.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    @drsmartassphd 65K gold without spending?  You did that by farming videos and surveys?
    edited April 2020
    xracman said:
    @drsmartassphd 65K gold without spending?  You did that by farming videos and surveys?
    I’m at 70k. Have over 30k spent. Maybe have 6k of that from HR battles and another 10-15 from event rewards but yea. Maxed out my free videos everyday since release as well.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I just wanna know why can I get to level 4 of pro, but can't beat 2.9 of warmup?  Makes perfect glu sense, I know, but not actual sense.
    Just no.  
    Anyone here platinum that knows if WoH is easier at that level or still unbeatable?