Options

Gold HR Battles

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
Ok, so in the few seasons I’ve been playing, I’ve never spent gold for a HR battle because spending 100 gold for a net profit of 80 is 4/5 odds, which I would NEVER bet at a racetrack, so why here? If I win 50%, I’m losing gold. I see folks talking about racking up gold, but 4/5 odds seems like a crazy gamble to me. What am I missing? Is it super easy?
Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Its easy if you are good at it.   That may have come off as captain obvious.   Basically though if you are consistent at flushing homers on all 10 pitches with max sluggers (90+) at B1, then I guarantee you will make a good profit.
  • Options
    Its easy if you are good at it.   That may have come off as captain obvious.   Basically though if you are consistent at flushing homers on all 10 pitches with max sluggers (90+) at B1, then I guarantee you will make a good profit.
    Thanks! Good to know
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    If you win 2 out of 3 you come out slightly ahead. With my all star level, I would win 366 gold in two games and a third game would cost me 300 gold total. If you can consistently win 7+ in a row before losing you can earn a good chunk of gold, but if you're seriously going 2/3 the whole time watching videos might be quicker lol. The biggest attraction imo is that you're actually playing something rather than just burning videos, but it's really just timing hits at the same point over and over again. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Yes, the house takes a sizable rake in the whole thing, and it's by design. Games can go south through hyper-inflation if they don't find a way to bring currency/resources back into the fold. 

But everything else you said it right (except the 4/5 is a payout, not the odds of winning, which are probably lower). Those who don't know what they're doing or anything about this game aren't aware of the sharks swimming in the gold battle waters, so they try their hand at it. They drop 100 gold by getting massacred, the shark gets 80 of it and the house eliminates 20 gold of currency. You have to consistently win 2 of 3 to earn gold (or 60 per three games at that pace), which means the game is burning that same amount at that same pace. That burn increases the value of gold, as well as promotes the chance of a user watching videos or buying more gold. 

I've played only cash battles and I'm in bronze. I probably win 4 of 5, usually having messed up when I lose (ie not bad luck, I just wasn’t good enough that round). I'm not good enough to play for currency that really matters in this game. But cash battles are a great source of gloves, so I can live with the losses. Gold won’t be my thing, but the event itself is the only decent aspect to this festering syphillis-filled pus-sack of a game. 
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    Yes, the house takes a sizable rake in the whole thing, and it's by design. Games can go south through hyper-inflation if they don't find a way to bring currency/resources back into the fold. 

But everything else you said it right (except the 4/5 is a payout, not the odds of winning, which are probably lower). Those who don't know what they're doing or anything about this game aren't aware of the sharks swimming in the gold battle waters, so they try their hand at it. They drop 100 gold by getting massacred, the shark gets 80 of it and the house eliminates 20 gold of currency. You have to consistently win 2 of 3 to earn gold (or 60 per three games at that pace), which means the game is burning that same amount at that same pace. That burn increases the value of gold, as well as promotes the chance of a user watching videos or buying more gold. 

I've played only cash battles and I'm in bronze. I probably win 4 of 5, usually **** up when I lose. To me, that suggests I'm not good enough to play for currency that really matters in this game. But I do get gloves, so I can live with the losses. If I can get to the point where I can consistently hit 475+ HRs without toeing any of them, I'll throw my gold hat in the ring, but I don't see it happening. 
    Yes, 4/5 is payout. My odds of winning could be considerably lower lol. Thanks!
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    In '17 it was 100g to get back 160g if you won. Gold battles has not only saved '20 for me thus far, but I've never had so much fun with the actual game. Like, I'm actually playing as opposed to going through the motions and simming games. 
    Anyways, as has been mentioned, if you can consistently flush them all, you can make an incredible amount of gold. It's not for everyone, but the potential is there.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Whenever a Gold battle starts, Glu gains 20 gold that will never be seen again. Just pointing out how outrageous that is.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

@DFBB is freakishly good at Home Run battles, as I lost a bunch to him when I was in bronze.  You can't go by him.  In my experience there is a small group of sharks who are super good at it and I lose to them consistently.  It's a weird game.  I made like 600g yesterday and was flying high, but then got into a rut later in the evening and was down 600g on the day. 

Bottom line, I'm not good enough to be swimming with the sharks.  At silver, if you are not consistently hitting 5500 ft or more, you will lose more than you win. 

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

I think if you are only playing for the gold then yes you need to make sure you dont miss much to get a profit.

But the reality is its also a great source of gloves, bxp if you lose which i dont think is terrible and just a nice refresh of doing something other then aimlessly tapping.   It takes some skill and is a nice change of pace in terms of what this game normally provides
  • Options
    fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Did they fix the opponent-quitting problem yet? 
  • Options
    Let's be honest here. There's a few DFBB's per each tier that have fun/ruin it for everyone else. Good for them, but everyone else that doesn't spend their life on that isn't really benefitting. Good idea ruined by a few nerds
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    If you’re an advanced player playing in bronze and spends 20 hours a day exploiting new players in gold battles, I would gladly mail you a fresh shit bag. Just saying. Fücking joke
  • Options
    What is a shit bag? 
  • Options
    cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    What is a shit bag? 
    It’s a poop in a paper bag, then lit on fire
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    What is a shit bag? 
    It’s a poop in a paper bag, then lit on fire
    He called the shit "poop!"
  • Options
    Oh, that's childish
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Lol the greatness of Billy Madison.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts