Keeper and My Legend bumps

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    As of as of now, I have 71 unopened x-factor batter boxes and unknown number of pitcher boxes. I haven’t opened them because I’m afraid I’d do something stupid and wasteful and so far, haven’t had that “need” to open them. 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I think they're kind of a cool concept but mostly another way to get money.  I don't think you can definitively tell if they're working except for WoH and anything less than level 5 isn't too useful.  So you're talking about a 32.5% chance of a useful level and from that a 1/7 chance of the skill to be useful.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    level 7 and 8 is the sweet spot. 5/6, I'll stick on a player, but won't spend gold to reassign it later. 9/10, I immediately sell back for the 500g.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    True.  I didn't realize the trade-in value.  That probably puts them in the positive category then.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    True.  I didn't realize the trade-in value.  That probably puts them in the positive category then.

Woah, I didn't know this. I have the 10 for Head to Head I'll never use. How do you do this?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Makes spending 50g on these boxes a little more appealing...
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts

Woah, I didn't know this. I have the 10 for Head to Head I'll never use. How do you do this?
    Go to team.  Then top left. X factor. Click on it. Then next screen click on exchange. Top of screen. Then find that 10 head to head
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Glu please bump up the keepers and legends!
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Somewhere earlier in this thread, I think someone said the keeper bump is the middle of each month, so should come at some point next week.  I feel like it’s usually on a Monday, but I could be wrong.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I'm thinking (based on nothing) that they will get bumped to .8 (still no x-factor) in the next few days. That would make them relevant again (600 max would be 480s) but still a cut below premium legends (500/510 with x-factor). 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I’m not sure I’m in the minority here but, without X factor added in to Keepers/ML, they’re obsolete on my squad.  It’s unfortunate after the amount of resources that went into their skills
    Bearmeat said:
    I’m not sure I’m in the minority here but, without X factor added in to Keepers/ML, they’re obsolete on my squad.  It’s unfortunate after the amount of resources that went into their skills
    Oh how so true that is. Very sobering....
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    i dont think so, thats exactly my thinking too.   That's why I have hesitated capping their skills as well.   I use ML still because I dont have a better option at 2B but thats it.  ML also was cheaper to cap skills 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    @blueleopard please pass on feedback. Keepers need a boost and XFactors added to them. Pronto. ASAP. This weekend. Thank you. 
    edited October 2020
    JTPASTOR said:
    @blueleopard please pass on feedback. Keepers need a boost and XFactors added to them. Pronto. ASAP. This weekend. Thank you. 
    It’s @[Glu Sports] blueleopard, everyone keeps tagging the wrong one. But yes, in total agreement. Heck, I can’t even tag him correctly
    JTPASTOR said:
    @GluAdmin @GluSportsbIueleopard
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    For the record, the correct username for blueleopard doesn’t appear in the drop down when you try to find the name in the “@“ list.  I’m thinking that was done intentionally, to reduce the number of notifications they receive. 🤷‍♂️
    For the record, the correct username for blueleopard doesn’t appear in the drop down when you try to find the name in the “@“ list.  I’m thinking that was done intentionally, to reduce the number of notifications they receive. 🤷‍♂️
    Yes, I found that out. So he’ll only see these tags on accident.
    Quite honestly if they don't add the x-factor to the keepers I'm not even going to waste my time or valuable resources on them. The x-factor skill is a game changer especially in WoH.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Quite honestly if they don't add the x-factor to the keepers I'm not even going to waste my time or valuable resources on them. The x-factor skill is a game changer especially in WoH.
    What am I missing about X factors? Seems like my team performs no better with them than without. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    What am I missing about X factors? Seems like my team performs no better with them than without. 
    Thundercats has a silver tier team, so I could see how having a WOH +7-10% x factor would give him the extra push needed to win WOH. Same for a gold squad, but plat and diamond it doesn't make much of a difference.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    It just depends on your idea of fun. If you want to dominate and maximize runs scored, club points, etc., then it's a game changer. For WoH, it has eliminated the 'need' to gold/video boost even when I'm power cycling. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Thundercats has a silver tier team, so I could see how having a WOH +7-10% x factor would give him the extra push needed to win WOH. Same for a gold squad, but plat and diamond it doesn't make much of a difference.
    I can see that angle woh wise but in general i think they are actually more impactful at diamond just because the numbers are much larger and they stack with skills. For example at diamond you can have a guy with say a 550 hit rating, 10% puts him at 605 without either skill even active. It’s not going to matter a ton in woh since you’ll cruise anyway at diamond but you may win more tourny finals than you otherwise would (especially if you use a good one on your ace). 

Don’t think they are a yuge gamechanger but with the ratings getting so high that 7-10% adds up quick. I don’t go out of my way buying them but i like to use them to hit the next FR tier when its worth it.
    edited October 2020
    Metsicans said:
    Exactly...I was able to cycle more often than without the x-factor. I used Joey Bart as my closer and he has been cruising without any issue yet. Polonco has given me fits but is able get me through 89-90% of the time.
    I’ve still yet to use the x-factor and I’ve now got 90 boxes. Still not sure of their worth and my own fear of using them incorrectly or wasting them, etc. I’m one of those on the wrong side of the tracks Silver team, but I Finally see rewards worth cycling for and still have no need to use these x-factor things. Until I see the need, I’ll stay a collector. 
    I’ve got my hitters with 7-10% X factor on BGs.  It definitely makes a difference without a doubt. Woh, I don’t play it anymore. More so because it’s a complete chore. so I can’t say if it matters or not. 
    X-Factor is cool. But not necessary. But Keepers should evolve as the game evolves. That’s the point of having them and why they cost more to level. If x-factors are part of the game evolving them Keepers should have them too. ML too for that matter. Maybe it could be a
    diamond or platinum feature that can be unlocked—like the 2nd skill for ML was this year—but it should be included. And it’s been over 30 days since the last BUMP! Overdue. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Probably on their list of things to do, like ATG got the 2nd skills added. It didn't happen right away, but it eventually did. The keeper bump, for whatever its worth. Will be useless anyways. Keepers are only good for the first half of the game. Now with legends constantly dropping and higher overalls.... The keepers will always be 30-60pts behind the curve. I love my keepers, but they have been INACTIVE for months now, the only reason I would still use them is for their skill sets. Dont need them for WOH this year, dont need them for game modes, and they never have bonus pts in any events. Hence, they are useless now.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Probably on their list of things to do, like ATG got the 2nd skills added. It didn't happen right away, but it eventually did. The keeper bump, for whatever its worth. Will be useless anyways. Keepers are only good for the first half of the game. Now with legends constantly dropping and higher overalls.... The keepers will always be 30-60pts behind the curve. I love my keepers, but they have been INACTIVE for months now, the only reason I would still use them is for their skill sets. Dont need them for WOH this year, dont need them for game modes, and they never have bonus pts in any events. Hence, they are useless now.
    I get it... Brett has fallen to inactive especially with the all lhp on level 5. I have other players that are getting the job done without him in the lineup. Ruth he's a stud but only for mid round. A bump would be nice so that I can continue to use Ruth for those middle round purposes since his skills are extremely favorable no matter if you have a lhp or rhp. Add a x-factor to him possibly could be able use him a couple spots higher. I know keepers won't be 9,10 players, those days are done even with the bump and x-factor, but as far as middle to late middle rounds they could add some potent value in people's WoH lineup. I know they would for me. When you are F2P you gotta take what you got and turn it to your advantage. Especially when the traditional way of team building (box odds as far as free gifts, achievements and CvC, Clash, and bash) for F2P players is having it's ever life being squeezed from it. The squeeze on the box odds IMHO has hurt true F2P players this year. Just can't get those players any more from CvC boxes.  
    Bump. The elusive double vs rhp legend just dropped today. Which means a wave of 510-525 overall scrubs for 2 weeks. Let’s get this bump to keepers and ML. Add in the X factor without a doubt. 490 with X factor seems like a good number