Dear Glu: if you want people to play WOH it needs to be fun

LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
For the past couple of years, I've played WOH quite a lot. This year its so ridiculously hard that I don't bother. And the rewards are rubbish. So why does anyone bother? 
Prev1

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    LondonBoy said:
    For the past couple of years, I've played WOH quite a lot. This year its so ridiculously hard that I don't bother. And the rewards are rubbish. So why does anyone bother? 
    Only thing I can figure out is for the challenge. I agree, the rewards are garbage and not worth the grind and all of the gold for a player who won’t make most rosters. But going for cash and XP I understand as that can be accumulated easily. Or easier.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    As I always
    say it doesn’t have to be easy, but it needs to be beatable. I can’t even get past 5.9 on warmup. Craziness
  • Icemz7Icemz7 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    LondonBoy said:
    Only thing I can figure out is for the challenge. I agree, the rewards are garbage and not worth the grind and all of the gold for a player who won’t make most rosters. But going for cash and XP I understand as that can be accumulated easily. Or easier.
    I’m fine with it being challenging but it should still be possible. Anything before level 4 shouldn’t be that difficult imo
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I just want the fake ass, bullshit, artificially manufactured difficulty to stop.  I don't mind honest coemption, even if its really hard.  But 189 Hit Ratings being incapable of consistently beating 78 SP ratings is insane.  That ONLY happens if GLU is **** with the algorithm
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I just want the fake ass, bullshit, artificially manufactured difficulty to stop.  I don't mind honest coemption, even if its really hard.  But 189 Hit Ratings being incapable of consistently beating 78 SP ratings is insane.  That ONLY happens if GLU is **** with the algorithm
    You mean like me losing this matchup with a 1-2-3 inning?  This is 5-7 on pro

Even that I am sort of rationalizing away as a coding issue.  I think those blackout players are errors.

I'm talking even normal, garden variety matchups on levels 3 and 4 with a massive hitting advantage, that are unwinnable without gold boost

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I agree with the sentiment, but I would like to point out a lot of the frustrations are with the hardest tower of woh (bear tower today). Last year it seemed like the majority of people played classic (pro) for the first few months before moving up to hof (bear), and plenty of people somehow couldn't beat hof consistently (or at all) even at the end of the year. None of the players are great, so moving down to pro or even warm up for resources and confidence isnt the worst idea imo 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    It's a long time ago, and I didn't understand the game nearly as well, but I don't think I started cycling in 2018 until August. Last yeah HOF was when I went gold in May.
    I agree with the sentiment, but I would like to point out a lot of the frustrations are with the hardest tower of woh (bear tower today). Last year it seemed like the majority of people played classic (pro) for the first few months before moving up to hof (bear), and plenty of people somehow couldn't beat hof consistently (or at all) even at the end of the year. None of the players are great, so moving down to pro or even warm up for resources and confidence isnt the worst idea imo 🤷‍♂️

I wont speak for everyone else @retirepujols

But for me, it has very little to do with not being able to beat the tower.  Its the bullshit way in which you lose.  Massive hitter advantages for noodle hits is just a crock of shit.  Its the perception that you're getting screwed by unseen forces.

315 hitters with active skills losing at 1.5 is just stupid.

If GLU doesn't want people to beat the WOH tower, I 1000% understand.  But accomplish that by transparent hitter and pitcher ratings that we can all look at and say "yeah, my team isn't there yet."  I have no problem with that at all.

Its getting **** over on matchups (over and over and over) that should be a walk in the park that pisses people off.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    I'd like to know why is it I'm able to get to level 5 on pro, but I cant get outta level 2 of warm up?  I understand that makes perfect glu sense and logic, but it doesn't make actual sense.
    Just no.  
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    The last 2 mondays I’ve dropped about 10k gold combined and couldn’t bear Corbin. Over the weekend it cost be almost nothing to beat Royale WOH. Just doesn’t make sense to me. I was 0-11 or 0-12 today with Foil Xander, skills up to PXP. I’m ok losing here or there but honestly it’s a joke to not be able to beat it with the best best player in the game right now. I’m more mad at myself for wasting gold trying to win a player who already is on the scrap heap and useless. Just frustrating to see them keep giving garbage awards for something that they expect us to have to spend to beat. 

But for me, it has very little to do with not being able to beat the tower.  Its the bullshit way in which you lose.  Massive hitter advantages for noodle hits is just a crock of shit.  Its the perception that you're getting screwed by unseen forces.

If GLU doesn't want people to beat the WOH tower, I 1000% understand.  But accomplish that by transparent hitter and pitcher ratings that we can all look at and say "yeah, my team isn't there yet."  I have no problem with that at all.

Its getting **** over on matchups (over and over and over) that should be a walk in the park that pisses people off.

I have foil Xander with skills both to pxp and used 80 gold boost and lost 12 times to Corbin. I’m ok losing because I suck here and there. But using the best player in the game, with the highest you can actually get the skills, using the highest boost in the game. I should be able to beat f*cking Corbin 1 time out of 12. Atleast a few of those I lost 8-3 being curved out 3 straight. It’s just nonsense. I don’t know what else I can actually do. Last week I chalked it up to acuna just not being good enough, this week it’s because the damn rng I guess didn’t want me to win. Fact is my team should be there (and it is since I beat royale woh over the weekend). But for some reason on Monday’s it just refuses to let me win. I’m getting really tired of the “oh it’s just bad luck”. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    The last 2 mondays I’ve dropped about 10k gold combined and couldn’t bear Corbin. Over the weekend it cost be almost nothing to beat Royale WOH. Just doesn’t make sense to me. I was 0-11 or 0-12 today with Foil Xander, skills up to PXP. I’m ok losing here or there but honestly it’s a joke to not be able to beat it with the best best player in the game right now. I’m more mad at myself for wasting gold trying to win a player who already is on the scrap heap and useless. Just frustrating to see them keep giving garbage awards for something that they expect us to have to spend to beat. 
    I used my Keeper Cabrera against Corbin with 80G boost multiple times and didn’t get through. I’ve gotten thru 4 times now with only a video boost.
    I used my Keeper Cabrera against Corbin with 80G boost multiple times and didn’t get through. I’ve gotten thru 4 times now with only a video boost.
    None of it makes sense. Like I said, I’m ok losing if I am still beat it reasonably. Which, I haven’t on mondays. As far as I’m concerned, with the 3rd tier prize they offer WOH can kiss my ass. It’s a waste of time for me at this point. More power to people who can actually use polanco but it’s really tiresome to get your d*ck kicked in every Monday for a guy who wouldn’t even be a sub. Like I said, most of my frustration is with myself for continually trying but I figured with the advantage I had with the best player in the game I was bound to win. But I guess not. 

I fully understand, it pissed me completely off earlier which is when I sat back and decided duck 🦆 the bear tower lmao. I went 1-4 or 5 before I beat Corbin and realized I just wasted hella time and some gold to earn a scrub Polanco 🤷‍♂️ at the end of the day, I dont think anyone would be happier losing a different way. People aren't going to be happier losing to a 320 pitcher on 5.10 or a 300 pitcher on 3.6, it would make more sense but I don't think attitudes would change. In any case, we've always lost to inferior pitchers 🤷‍♂️ people are cycle capping now, but I dont think it's quite time for that to be the norm just yet. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    For the long-time players, we remember when WOH was the best event in town. When it first came out, it was built to where you could beat it relatively easily if you had the best players in the game. Not at all the case anymore. Spend, spend, spend to get the best players from boxes, then you STILL have to spend more to beat WOH for an inferior player with a garbage skill. I haven't spent gold on WOH since FALL 2019. Haven't even really played the towers since then either. It's a waste of my time, even for resources.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    If it makes you feel better Monte I struggle on the Warm Up tower with this roster. All team upgrades and skills are maxed out. Guess I just suck at TSB 20. 

edited April 2020
    If I’m honest, the thing that frosts my cookies more than anything else is the 3 consecutive unhittable pitches. It’s a fried AB no matter how you try to spin it. If you want to make it difficult, great, but when you realize the house is stacked against you in a game that should be based on skill, it’s not worth my time.

I’m okay with the odds being stacked against me on boxes. That’s obviously a gamble. It shouldn’t be that way with events that require skill. 

Remove the unhittable ABs and toss in those pitches sparingly in various ABs. Make the player see the ball and decide when to swing. That’s what all the other modes do. Heck give 2 unhittable pitches per AB if you want, but 3 straight? And then multiple ABs per round like that. Yeah, no shot I’m wasting my time with that s**t. WOH should be about skill, just like target bash, slugfest, etc. 

Stop taking the bat out of our hands when we’ve gone above and beyond to purchase the players that SHOULD easily get the job done.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I finished yesterday with 5 cycles in gold. Easily must have had over 70 to 80 attempts at 510. Getting back there wasn't an issue so playing back only took me a few minutes. But I had so many Ab where it was literally 9 straight curve balls or outside pitches where it was 3 up and 3 down. No chance at winning with the best player available to date. Its just not feasible. I dont understand why the scenarios are set up the way they are, down 5 on all 3 tiers of WOH. If they want to keep that difficulty HOF style then those players need to be top of the curve like 19 was last year when it started. As many have pointed out a crap sub par players for that effort is stupid,
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @MoenPDC dont tell me to go plat either you SOB.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I finished yesterday with 5 cycles in gold. Easily must have had over 70 to 80 attempts at 510. Getting back there wasn't an issue so playing back only took me a few minutes. But I had so many Ab where it was literally 9 straight curve balls or outside pitches where it was 3 up and 3 down. No chance at winning with the best player available to date. Its just not feasible. I dont understand why the scenarios are set up the way they are, down 5 on all 3 tiers of WOH. If they want to keep that difficulty HOF style then those players need to be top of the curve like 19 was last year when it started. As many have pointed out a crap sub par players for that effort is stupid,
    I was looking at the forum from ‘19 just to see how WOH was this time last year. The player level for the one WOH tower was 310-315 but the one tower was what ended up being classic. It was not ridiculously difficult like it has been from the beginning this year for the top tower. Glu’s justification for this increased difficulty is going to be the increased bonus points for attempting the toughest tower. I personally don’t care as much about the bonus points as I do the resources and the players for winning it. At one point last year, the WOH prize was 2 Monday boxes, which was kinda cool. That’s when they had the Rising Stars Alonso and Tatis, Jr. I feel it was more fun last year, so let’s hope some changes are made to make it more fun again this year.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I was looking at the forum from ‘19 just to see how WOH was this time last year. The player level for the one WOH tower was 310-315 but the one tower was what ended up being classic. It was not ridiculously difficult like it has been from the beginning this year for the top tower.
    this is actually pretty comparable to how '18 WOH was until September or so
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I think that’s right!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Got to say guys I don’t see a big difference in WOH.  I’m able to cycle with the same effort/cost as 19.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    I was looking at the forum from ‘19 just to see how WOH was this time last year. The player level for the one WOH tower was 310-315 but the one tower was what ended up being classic. It was not ridiculously difficult like it has been from the beginning this year for the top tower.
    this is actually pretty comparable to how '18 WOH was until September or so
    I’d have to say ‘18 was the best woh model to date. I like the idea of multiple towers, but if we’re already investing in the best players every other day of the week, they should be able to beat the HOF tower relatively easily. Otherwise they aren’t living up to the hype of being “the best in the game.”

I love the idea of having a box as the reward with multiple guaranteed players in it like in 18. Just a players box, no other shenanigans in it. The best player being the hardest to get and the others being easier (ie. 500, 250, 150, 100 odds scenario).
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Not only is the game play not smooth, but what is with all these triple plays? I've hit into 6 already today. 4 against these no-name bronze pitchers.

And now the fielders dive for ground balls in the holes and rob you. Just had this happen on 4.10. First two pitches, I hit long HRs. 6-5. No outs.

Next three pitches, I slam the ball, and all three are diving stops by the infielders. LOL

Use the video reboot for the good old Nine and Out. Guess I just wasn't supposed to win that one, despite the fact my matchup was more than double and I obviously have the skill to beat it.

This is only my third time playing WoH in 2020. This is very different and I don't meant it in a good way.

Oh well. Back to hoarding gold. Up to 120K now.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I'm being absolutely robbed.
    I'm being absolutely robbed.
    I, for one, am totally shocked at these developments. Who could have seen this coming where the only people who can consistently win are plat and diamond?!?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Well, I'm platinum and have meadows.. but the path was absurd. Hopefully it gets better, but I regret going past gold 🙄
    Well, I'm platinum and have meadows.. but the path was absurd. Hopefully it gets better, but I regret going past gold 🙄
    That was the lesson I learned last year. With this being rigged so bad, staying silver may be what I end up doing. Only winning it once at silver is fine with me. Only need three wins to cycle cap primes and legends. The cheating is off the charts in this thing.

Just got 18 and outed on 4.8 twice. Wasted video reboots. 36 straight out of the zone from Thor in two tries after I beat him easily the first time I played. I’ll try again later but this isn’t fun to play at all with the noodle bats, triple plays, and bronze 1 pitchers that are unhittable.  Matchup advantages mean nothing in 2020.