Are there any good relief pitchers?

Icemz7Icemz7 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
I have all my upgrades 40/40 and my bullpen still gives up 4-5 runs a game. I even bought Hader last weekend and he still gets shit on despite probably being the best relief pitcher on paper right now. Are there any relief pitchers that don’t get shelled?
Prev1

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Not in silver.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Short answer: nope.
    Long answer: definitely nope.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Being Silver is your issue, not your relief pitchers.  You wont win many bonus games at silver
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    When I use him, this guy has been pretty dominant...

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I’ll take my 50% win ratio for bonus games in silver all day long. My relievers do just fine 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or “fine” enough for me lol 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I’ll take my 50% win ratio for bonus games in silver all day long. My relievers do just fine 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or “fine” enough for me lol 
    I agree. Getting a bit tired of the “silver is your problem” stuff. Yes, I’d like my RP doing better, but my team does just fine. I only recently started to lose some Prime games, but overall, my silver team does its job and I’m quite happy with it. 104-4 currently in 2nd season, 92% win clip In overall games. But I’m on the lookout for a better closer, but if offense is good enough, you won’t need one for most modes.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    edited April 2020
    tshea510 said:
    I agree. Getting a bit tired of the “silver is your problem” stuff. Yes, I’d like my RP doing better, but my team does just fine. I only recently started to lose some Prime games, but overall, my silver team does its job and I’m quite happy with it. 104-4 currently in 2nd season, 92% win clip In overall games. But I’m on the lookout for a better closer, but if offense is good enough, you won’t need one for most modes.
    92% Nice!
    I’m at 3k games played win percentage at 80% team strength 85k silver. Upgrades are maxed pennants are near maxed. I’ve never felt like the problem is the current tier your in. If you are losing that much you just need to build a better team. Can I streak a zillion prime games? Nope. Do I dominate bonus games? Not even close. Do I have tons of resources and am able to level any player I want and still put up lots of points for my club? Yup. I’ll take my win percentages all day long 😉 To each their own going past gold just doesn’t have enough benefits for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

I chuckle at the “silver” comments. But my observation is “damn, facing gold teams in Silver, can’t win, MUST go go Gold”   “Damn, facing Plat teams in Gold, can’t win, MUST go Plat”.  “Damn, facing Diamond teams in Plat, can’t win, MUST go Diamond”.  Go Diamond, and wonder why “Financial Advisor” has taken away your financial privileges for spending thousands on a stupid online game. Stop with the “tier” comments, it’s all relative and HOW you build your team and HOW you play it
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @tshea510 how many games have you played so far? 92% seems pretty fine, I'm curious if you've yet to hit that supposed threshold. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited April 2020
    And that is probably why. 92% is very low for me, considering other years. But why is there such a rush to play thousands of games? If there’s a reason, sure. But I’m just chugging along, playing season mode and whatever the daily challenges are, and building a team. Ive had no REAL HEAD BANGING  struggles after season mode was relaxed by 1% 😂 I’m sitting ready to go Gold right now but honestly see no reason whatsoever
    tshea510 said:
    I chuckle at the “silver” comments. But my observation is “damn, facing gold teams in Silver, can’t win, MUST go go Gold”   “Damn, facing Plat teams in Gold, can’t win, MUST go Plat”.  “Damn, facing Diamond teams in Plat, can’t win, MUST go Diamond”.  Go Diamond, and wonder why “Financial Advisor” has taken away your financial privileges for spending thousands on a stupid online game. Stop with the “tier” comments, it’s all relative and HOW you build your team and HOW you play it
    No one is telling anyone how to play.   The OP asked why he isn’t able to win games and is worried about his relief pitching despite having Hader and maxed upgrades.  The reality is silver teams will struggle in bonus games.  That’s just a fact.   If bonus games aren’t important then it’s not a huge deal.   The reality is no tier is gonna have everything easy and that’s fine, it shouldn’t be that way 
    tshea510 said:
    No one is telling anyone how to play.   The OP asked why he isn’t able to win games and is worried about his relief pitching despite having Hader and maxed upgrades.  The reality is silver teams will struggle in bonus games.  That’s just a fact.   If bonus games aren’t important then it’s not a huge deal.   The reality is no tier is gonna have everything easy and that’s fine, it shouldn’t be that way 
    If youre Silver and struggle in Bonus games, how did you get to gold? I don’t struggle anywhere so far, it’s NOT a fact, for me. Maybe you
    tshea510 said:
    tshea510 said:
    If youre Silver and struggle in Bonus games, how did you get to gold? I don’t struggle anywhere so far, it’s NOT a fact, for me. Maybe you
    Agree to disagree.  I’m not silver anymore so it doesn’t necessarily apply to me.  It’s also the first month so you may not have the win total yet.  I’m pretty confident you can’t stay silver for a long period of time and compete consistently on bonus game day.  I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong.  But again I’m not telling anyone how to play.   If you are having fun that’s all that matters 
    tshea510 said:
    tshea510 said:
    Agree to disagree.  I’m not silver anymore so it doesn’t necessarily apply to me.  It’s also the first month so you may not have the win total yet.  I’m pretty confident you can’t stay silver for a long period of time and compete consistently on bonus game day.  I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong.  But again I’m not telling anyone how to play.   If you are having fun that’s all that matters 
    Thank you for that. Your last sentence is the important take-out from all of this. I don’t get the crowd mentality for playing 10,000 games and advancing as far as you can, in tiers, in the first 6 weeks. And then bashing anyone in Silver who might have a struggle issue. Everyone in every tier has a struggling issue. I’m just getting tired of knocking those in tiers below the “elite”. It’s all about comfort level. Funny thing about this whole thread, I stated I had 104-4 record in season mode. Just played 4 games. Now 107-5. 5th loss? Piece of junk reliever OP started this thread about 😂😂😂
    tshea510 said:
    tshea510 said:
    I’ve been silver every year. My win percentage goes up slightly over time as my strength increases possibly due to the amount of prime games played?. If consistently winning bonus games is roughly 50% I manage that every year of Tsb. Over 25k games played in silver last year. We will see if this year is the same or not? So far yes. I usually have a ridiculously bloated team strength with top current overall players so that I believe contributes to my 50% bonus game win “consistency”. Always ahead of the curve 
    tshea510 said:
    And then bashing anyone in Silver who might have a struggle issue. 
    I seem to have missed this 🧐 I just see people pointing out some pros and cons for silver. @mythicaldragon even mentioned his 50% win pct in bonus games 👀 a d10 hader with upgrades maxed is going to perform better than a s10 hader with upgrades maxed no matter how you feel about it 🤷‍♂️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    tshea510 said:
    And then bashing anyone in Silver who might have a struggle issue. 
    I seem to have missed this 🧐 I just see people pointing out some pros and cons for silver. @mythicaldragon even mentioned his 50% win pct in bonus games 👀 a d10 hader with upgrades maxed is going to perform better than a s10 hader with upgrades maxed no matter how you feel about it 🤷‍♂️ 
    With all due respect, you may start needing to read closer. It’s all there, and a lot of us are getting tired of the “it’s because you’re Silver” garbage, that’s all. Silver has NOTHING to do with it, all tiers are relative. I’m out, goodnight!  
    I’m just getting sick and tired of someone posting a problem, struggle, or whatever, and the first reply is ALWAYS.....“Well you’re Silver, what do you expect?” My record says BS to all of that. I’ve never complained about anything but season mode and that seems to have been addressed by a slight bit. Every tier is relative. All I’m saying is stop bashing the Silver tier as if that is the reason for the struggle. I sure see a lot of above tiers crying the same song. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I had fun in silver, but then I realized that I just can’t watch enough videos and like to play bonus games way too much. 

And silver sucks, at least for me 😏
    I had fun in silver, but then I realized that I just can’t watch enough videos and like to play bonus games way too much. 

Completely opposite for me. I wouldn’t say I enjoy videos but I honestly have nothing else to do with my time at work well... other than work 😂. Anyway it’s weird during my hiatus in December last year being at work not grinding videos was brutal. My thought was damn I’m wasting all this time working while I could be working and grinding videos. Lol and it somehow helps the day along. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I could never play that many games a week to labor intensive. It’s always entertaining to see all the exhausted regretful diamond teams throughout the year. Sooo many on this forum last year. Amazing how so many continue to make the same mistakes. Never been diamond but already know it would suck 🤢 (For me) 

Completely opposite for me. I wouldn’t say I enjoy videos but I honestly have nothing else to do with my time at work well... other than work 😂. Anyway it’s weird during my hiatus in December last year being at work not grinding videos was brutal. My thought was damn I’m wasting all this time working while I could be working and grinding videos. Lol and it somehow helps the day along. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I could never play that many games a week to labor intensive. It’s always entertaining to see all the exhausted regretful diamond teams throughout the year. Sooo many on this forum last year. Amazing how so many continue to make the same mistakes. Never been diamond but already know it would suck 🤢 (For me) 
    And let’s not forget all the wailing and bashing heads against the wall and crying about the difficulty in Gold and above to beat WOH, for a player who wouldn’t even make my Silver team for more than a couple of days, but this is for another thread. Night all, 😴😴😴
    tshea510 said:

And let’s not forget all the wailing and bashing heads against the wall and crying about the difficulty in Gold and above to beat WOH, for a player who wouldn’t even make my Silver team for more than a couple of days, but this is for another thread. Night all, 😴😴😴
    Right! 😂
    Woh is irrelevant now days... very sad used to be my fav. But it’s definitely a thing of the past. I’m not into cycling for a scrub. 🤨 good night buddy 💤
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    I’m just getting sick and tired of someone posting a problem, struggle, or whatever, and the first reply is ALWAYS.....“Well you’re Silver, what do you expect?” My record says BS to all of that. I’ve never complained about anything but season mode and that seems to have been addressed by a slight bit. Every tier is relative. All I’m saying is stop bashing the Silver tier as if that is the reason for the struggle. I sure see a lot of above tiers crying the same song. 

I don't know why people have to be so self righteous in their opinions on here.  Look, it's great you are doing well at silver.  But for 80-90% of players, after you win 1500-2000 games, the difficulty at silver ramps way up. You get matched up against gold and platinum teams that are worse than yours in team strength, but have a stud pitcher, usually a stud closer, and presumably team upgrades into the high 40s and 50s.  It's very hard to win those games, for the average player.  When i went gold, I had a 5 star team, with capped upgrades, most skills leveled to at least 5, about 74k TS.  I'd say that is average to above average for a silver team.  And i was losing 75% of my bonus games, maybe one third or sometimes half of my prime games, and it took effort to clear WOH level 3 (forget about cycling).   

The second i went gold, all those problems went away.  Now, will the same roadblock occur as I win more games at gold?  Maybe.  I will cross that bridge when i come to it.  For now, for me and most active players, the time is now to be at gold level.  If you beat the system and are excelling at silver, that's good for you and speaks to either the amount of money you spend or your skill at building a team (perhaps to the detriment of club play).  The fact remains that for most players, it's not possible to dominate silver after 1500-2000 wins. 

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @mythicaldragon Did you cap player skills in 19 at silver? Kind of curious how offense does against higher tiered teams if everything is capped.

Just to add to the flavor going on here, I was not spending anything last year in silver and gold (except for Rizzo in May maybe and a couple $4.99 specials here and there) and grinding vids all the time. I am one of the diamond players that found diamond life far, far more enjoyable. So much so I in fact still am grinding bg's in 19 but at a much more relaxed pace averaging around 1-2 cycles per week.

Personally, I hate losing any games whether it's tourney, bg or (lol!) prime. Currently sitting at ~18k consecutive wins in 19, probably close to 52k wins and only 2 losses since maybe December. There's nothing beyond diamond competition-wise and Glu made the game in a way that allowed diamond teams to play far inferior teams often. The results were exacerbated when your team is fully capped and opponent is full of players that not only aren't capped but often not even leveled to their proper tier. The disparity only grows the less-leveled the team is. Conversely, in lower tiers even with a fully capped team that disparity is always going to shrink thus we see the results we see in bronze/silver/gold etc, especially early in the year when both player maxes are low and overall pretty close together and it's not difficult to have your team maxed right now even skill-wise with pxp and lxp not available yet. There are also a larger number of teams in those lower tier pools now than at the end of the year. On top of Glu possibly changing the way matchups occur in 20.

It would be foolish to test now but this is why I asked above if skills were capped in silver for @mythicaldragon in 19. I wonder if that makes enough of a difference to eek out more wins as you would probably face a smaller percentage of teams in lower tiers bothering to cap skills. Pitching skills have zero effect on performance so none of that would matter.
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I think it will all balance out over the course of the season.  These concerns/complaints all sound very familiar to last years...maybe not prime games lol. But I do believe each tier has its own advantages. The only thing I’ll add to this is - If you can’t play 500+ BGs a day, I wouldn’t even attempt making the jump into platinum, and ultimately diamond. 
    Bearmeat said:
    I think it will all balance out over the course of the season.  These concerns/complaints all sound very familiar to last years...maybe not prime games lol. But I do believe each tier has its own advantages. The only thing I’ll add to this is - If you can’t play 500+ BGs a day, I wouldn’t even attempt making the jump into platinum, and ultimately diamond. 
    Definitely.   Diamond isnt for everyone, as it requires time more then anything.    Sure its easier if you spend but its not required, time is the main thing.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Definitely.   Diamond isnt for everyone, as it requires time more then anything.    Sure its easier if you spend but its not required, time is the main thing.
    If you're grinding out 500 videos a day, you have time for diamond. You may not get there right away, but it can be done at FTP. Simply comes down to would you rather watch videos or play BGs/tourneys
    cb11 said:
    If you're grinding out 500 videos a day, you have time for diamond. You may not get there right away, but it can be done at FTP. Simply comes down to would you rather watch videos or play BGs/tourneys
    Exactly.  That is precisely why I will go diamond, but I am still taking my time getting there.  I will probably go gold after VIP rewards for May, then platinum in June, and diamond in July.  

To each their own, of course, but I personally despise grinding videos, and would much rather grind BGs and tourneys. 

I decided to go F2P after taking 4 months off in '19 (AS level 16 at that time).  The game became really tedious for me, and I quit around Labor Day.  I came back around January 1, and jumped straight from gold to diamond.  The game was suddenly much more fun, for me at least.  I did not spend another cent in '19, and still haven't in '20.
    edited April 2020
    cb11 said:
    I would add walk off to the equation. The higher you go, the more important walk off is for resources. If someone doesn't enjoy 10+ woh cycles every monday (maybe royale as well) then watching 500 videos in platinum and below could be better than diamond. 
    cb11 said:
    I would add walk off to the equation. The higher you go, the more you need walk off for resources. if someone doesn't enjoy 10+ woh cycles every monday (and royale, usually) then watching 500 videos in platinum and below could be better than diamond. 
    It can be done without WOH, though.  Much harder, for sure, but I basically punted on WOH when I did it in '19, and was still successful.  Granted, that was much later in the year, and with much better players (prime/legend).

It seems like the matchup system was more forgiving then, too.  But I still won 95%+ of BGs and tourney games, even as I had to slowly grind my players from gold to diamond.