Are there any good relief pitchers?

2Next

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @mythicaldragon Did you cap player skills in 19 at silver? Kind of curious how offense does against higher tiered teams if everything is capped.

Just to add to the flavor going on here, I was not spending anything last year in silver and gold (except for Rizzo in May maybe and a couple $4.99 specials here and there) and grinding vids all the time. I am one of the diamond players that found diamond life far, far more enjoyable. So much so I in fact still am grinding bg's in 19 but at a much more relaxed pace averaging around 1-2 cycles per week.

Personally, I hate losing any games whether it's tourney, bg or (lol!) prime. Currently sitting at ~18k consecutive wins in 19, probably close to 52k wins and only 2 losses since maybe December. There's nothing beyond diamond competition-wise and Glu made the game in a way that allowed diamond teams to play far inferior teams often. The results were exacerbated when your team is fully capped and opponent is full of players that not only aren't capped but often not even leveled to their proper tier. The disparity only grows the less-leveled the team is. Conversely, in lower tiers even with a fully capped team that disparity is always going to shrink thus we see the results we see in bronze/silver/gold etc, especially early in the year when both player maxes are low and overall pretty close together and it's not difficult to have your team maxed right now even skill-wise with pxp and lxp not available yet. There are also a larger number of teams in those lower tier pools now than at the end of the year. On top of Glu possibly changing the way matchups occur in 20.

It would be foolish to test now but this is why I asked above if skills were capped in silver for @mythicaldragon in 19. I wonder if that makes enough of a difference to eek out more wins as you would probably face a smaller percentage of teams in lower tiers bothering to cap skills. Pitching skills have zero effect on performance so none of that would matter.
    I take all players skills to16 typically..I have on occasion if the player had ideal woh skills cap them. However with woh officially being dead (for me) I’ll probably never go past 16. My team strength at the end of 19 was somewhere around 190k I was getting matched with some ridiculous teams as u can imagine. Lol My best consecutive wins total was around 500 which was prime games (not streaking). Toward the end of the year I can remember playing prime games and never losing all weekend or maybe losing 1 or 2 at most. Bonus games consistently stayed around 50% win ratio all year.
    18k consecutive wins.. that’s bonkers man 😳😂  that’s awesome 😎 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I would be interested to hear @DFBB's take on this thread, since he was such a huge diamond proponent in '19, but seems to be slow-playing it this year.
    I originally thought might push to diamond by 5/15, or at least 6/1, but the state of WOH, and the restricted matchup generator (win cap, whatever) has pushed that timeline back significantly.  Being F2P, I am finding it much harder to generate the bxp, than I originally thought.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2020
    I take all players skills to16 typically..I have on occasion if the player had ideal woh skills cap them. However with woh officially being dead (for me) I’ll probably never go past 16. My team strength at the end of 19 was somewhere around 190k I was getting matched with some ridiculous teams as u can imagine. Lol My best consecutive wins total was around 500 which was prime games (not streaking). Toward the end of the year I can remember playing prime games and never losing all weekend or maybe losing 1 or 2 at most. Bonus games consistently stayed around 50% win ratio all year.
    18k consecutive wins.. that’s bonkers man 😳😂  that’s awesome 😎 

Yeah that's I guess what I would expect to be the case with bonus games though personally I've felt the few times I've bothered to streak in prime games those games reflected teams I faced in bonus games and match difficulty. Though I don't recall facing any of the tougher diamond teams (stlcards211, bumblebee, pillowpants, longhorn, ranger5 (pre-jail) etc) in prime games. 190k may be the highest ts I've heard for a silver team in 19. Higher than plenty of the crappy diamond teams out there.

I told a couple people I would play them H2H when I lose again. I don't think I'm going to lose again.

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    cb11 said:
    Definitely.   Diamond isnt for everyone, as it requires time more then anything.    Sure its easier if you spend but its not required, time is the main thing.
    If you're grinding out 500 videos a day, you have time for diamond. You may not get there right away, but it can be done at FTP. Simply comes down to would you rather watch videos or play BGs/tourneys

Have to disagree with that. For me grinding out 500 videos at work requires A LOT less focus than tapping my phone 15 times or so per game for 500 games. I guess it depends on what's your job, but for me it's not close at all. And I say this as someone who enjoyed most of my 4 months at Diamond in 19
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

This blast from the past should be a good reliever. Welcome to TSB 2014?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Hader last week, Chapman this week.  You want a closer, hand GLU $20.
    xracman said:
    Hader last week, Chapman this week.  You want a closer, hand GLU $20.
    I am not falling for that trap.  I will stick with my good old 304-max Harder, thank you very much...
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Ask yourself this- How can you not buy Chapman?  He’s a beast!  Slays batters like none other 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    Ask yourself this- How can you not buy Chapman?  He’s a beast!  Slays batters like none other 
    During the ‘18 season, I developed a SEVERE allergic reaction to spending real cash on rental players. But, I do have some Benedryl in the closet just in case
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    Bearmeat said:
    During the ‘18 season, I developed a SEVERE allergic reaction to spending real cash on rental players. But, I do have some Benedryl in the closet just in case
    Have you ever faced Chapman throwing a fastball at 104mph in the dirt, and yet you swing twice?  It’s because your eyes are staring at that manhood, not the ball. Spend the 20$. Best purchase yet.
    edited May 2020
    Bearmeat said:
    tshea510 said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Have you ever faced Chapman throwing a fastball at 104mph in the dirt, and yet you swing twice?  It’s because your eyes are staring at that manhood, not the ball. Spend the 20$. Best purchase yet.
    For 2 weeks tops, maybe 2 days. You go for it, but I’ll keep my benedryl in the pantry. Also,  I prefer to stare at other things than “manhood”, but hey, to each their own 😎
    tshea510 said:
    Bearmeat said:
    tshea510 said:
    Bearmeat said:
    For 2 weeks tops, maybe 2 days. You go for it, but I’ll keep my benedryl in the pantry. Also,  I prefer to stare at other things than “manhood”, but hey, to each their own 😎
    In all seriousness, I’ve always had the most difficult time batting against Chapman. Which is why I always get every version of him. 

Bearmeat said:
    In all seriousness, I’ve always had the most difficult time batting against Chapman. Which is why I always get every version of him. 
    In all seriousness, I fell asleep before I could buy him, had my benedryl out and ready too. And now the new $20 closer is ok, but not Chapman. Snooze ya lose 🤷‍♂️