Options

Vogelbach and changing stats

babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
Did they change Vogelbach's power?  I thought he was an 87-88 power before because I had him silver capped at 143.  I think they did something similar with Arraez too.  I used to have him at 145 hitting but during a box event, he was down to 130 or something.

Comments

• Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    The 4* players in the box are "special edition".  Not the same as the ones you would get from picks.  That's how they get ya...
  • Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    So for 400 or 700 gold,  I get a sh*ttier version than a second or late round draft pick.  Sweet.
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    So for 400 or 700 gold,  I get a sh*ttier version than a second or late round draft pick.  Sweet.
    Yep.  That's pretty much accurate...
  • Options
    iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited May 2020
    YeahTdub71 said:
    The 4* players in the box are "special edition".  Not the same as the ones you would get from picks.  That's how they get ya...
    Yeah, I just learned this a couple days ago in another thread from SandlotGuru.
    This also means that these "special edition" players cannot be repulled from regular draft picks.
    Is there any way to tell by looking at my inactives which players are base players that can be re-drafted?

I know any player with animation is not, but players like the Vogelbach being talked about here look the same to me as base players. I have a few players that I can't remember how I acquired them.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    YeahTdub71 said:
    Yeah, I just learned this a couple days ago in another thread from SandlotGuru.
    This also means that these "special edition" players cannot be repulled from draft picks.
    Is there any way to tell by looking at my inactives which players are base players that can be repulled?

I know any player with animation is not, but players like the Vogelbach being talked about here look to me like base players. I have a few players that I can't remember how I acquired them.
    I’m not sure how to tell them apart from each other. I do know the OG Vogelbach was only a 2 Star with power at 90 at B1 and the SE is a 4 star. Here’s another one for you that I don’t know the answer to...was the Pro WOH Correa yesterday a special edition or the OG? I know the OG Correa was also 4 1/2 stars. 
  • Options
    iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited May 2020
    @navyjack77
    Trey Mancini is another one (I think). Both the OG and SE versions are 4-stars.

In TSB 2019, it seems like I drafted him 10 times (but never held onto him in between).
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • Options
    sweetness1133sweetness1133 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I can tell you that the Pro Correa yesterday was the OG because I had him on my roster from early on.