IPhone X overheating

JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
Just curious if anyone else with an IPhone X is having issues with overheating? Especially while playing TSB 20. It led me to buy the IPhone SE until the 12’s come out  and I’m going to sell the X. Anyways, SE is performing great, doesn’t get hot. Gameplay is a little bit faster and smoother as well. 

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Got a iPhone X and no problem here.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I have on too. No issues. It will get warm when I’m charging it thou 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    edited May 2020
    I think it’s a battery issue. I’ve talked with several who have the same issue. Just curious how far spread it is. 
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Mine dose I try to keep it down by reducing the screen brightness to like 20% also I’ve noticed it runs hotter when your using data over WiFi. It’s also increased when it plugged in, supposedly the new update is supposed to fix that but who knows when that will be for iOS 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Mine always does playing tsb.  Plugged in or not.. eh..
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Just put your phone on top of a bag of frozen peas while you tap, works like a charm 
    Sold the X for $400 and got the new SE. It’s fast and doesn’t overheat. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I was reading the SE only has 2GB of RAM which Glu states will not support the best performance. They recommend 4GB. Please keep us updated if it continues to perform well.
    I was reading the SE only has 2GB of RAM which Glu states will not support the best performance. They recommend 4GB. Please keep us updated if it continues to perform well.
    3GB and performance and it’s all good here. It’s faster than the X for sure. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    JTPASTOR said:
    Got it. That’s great!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    JTPASTOR said:

Do you still get menu lag when leveling players through the batters or pitchers tab when your inactives are over 10 or so as opposed to improve? This may be where the RAM factor comes in, also worth noting if someone with an Android device that has 4GB+ has this issue. It has plagued iOS users definitely since 2019 to the point where I only level from the improve tab now. The problem with that in 19 is that bxp players disappear from improve tab when capped if you wanted to level skills or just look at them.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    I have an iPhone XR and it runs very hot when playing TSB.
    I'm going to try to upgrade the iOS to 13.5.1.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

Do you still get menu lag when leveling players through the batters or pitchers tab when your inactives are over 10 or so as opposed to improve? This may be where the RAM factor comes in, also worth noting if someone with an Android device that has 4GB+ has this issue. It has plagued iOS users definitely since 2019 to the point where I only level from the improve tab now. The problem with that in 19 is that bxp players disappear from improve tab when capped if you wanted to level skills or just look at them.
    I've got 8 gb of ram and I don't have any extra lag when leveling outside of the improve tab. My phone does overheat sometimes - but that's usually when I'm tapping outside (Phoenix) when I take my kids to the pool or something. Besides that, my phone gets warm during a lengthy tap session; but it doesn't overheat. The app in general feels much slower for me than what it sounds like ios runs at, but I don't much care about that difference anymore. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited June 2020
    I'm in Phoenix too.
    It's 111 degrees out there right now. 
    I just saw a coyote chasing a rabbit, and they were both walking.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    107 right now in Mesa. I'm in the pool and my phone hates me 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • IamGamer48IamGamer48 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Overheating issues too on the iPhone 8 Plus and the EMF readings are thru the roof while playing the game
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    My S7 always overheats when playing TSB.  Not so much in other games but TSB seems to be cranking on the CPU at all times.
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Overheating is only a problem if you're thermally throttled. Have you checked your cpu/gpu clocks while playing? My razerphone2 will get so warm my hands will sweat, but I don't lose performance at all from it