Options

Pop up ads won't close

TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
Anyone else experiencing this? A. NONSTOP pop up ads to buy bundles. B. No matter where you click on them it initiates the purchase in the store. There's a big white X in the top right corner of the ads. Precision click in the middle--->Google Play Store. Happens on both of my accounts. 
Luckily I have a 2-factor authorization setup for purchases, but if you didn't you could unintentionally spend a few hundred dollars each day with no recourse. 

A bit disingenuous Glu... This is why I gave you $1.06 (after tax) this year, just to remove the other ads. You don't deserve anybody's money. 

Comments

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Yeah, those pop ups ads seem to be an attempt to prey on those that are accident prone. I use gestures on my phone, so I just swipe the popups away rather than shooting for the X. Similarly, if you have a little digital "back button," that will kill the pop up as well. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    PADRESSUCK619PADRESSUCK619 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I click on the back arrow on my phone instead of the X on the pop up and it hasn't been a problem.