Daily Dinger Zones

AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
When I was playing Daily Dinger, and hitting the ball deep every time (like in Target Bash or Slug Fest), I was curious how you could even get an infield hit or shallow fly. The only thing I could think of was using a 2 or 3 star player who doesn't have much power. Anyone know of another way?

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I believe all you can control is the direction otherwise you are at the mercy of pre determined rng 
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    I’ve wondered the same thing... pretty sure when I used b1 3-star players in slugfest for bonus points they still hit deep flies every time. Doesn’t make sense to me, but I’m not gonna worry about it. Since these dinger entries are going to be limited the plan should be to go big or go home every time.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I had one entry in which I hit 4 of the top prizes in a row and then I had two entries where I had zero. I think it’s completely skill based. Love it.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Should I just be using my highest rated hitter?

Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Use a switch hitter on his pull side. They barely get it out of the infield on Target bash. If you go opposite field with a switch hitter, he will blast it. So it has to be pull side.
  • SudakaSudaka Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Sorry, I don't understand. Can you control the direction, either at the Dinger or the Clash? Please advice
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    And i swear ive hit it in the correct zone like 3 or 4 times today and got a “missed”
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited June 2020
    After getting several dingers on day 1 and some more on day 2 that I got screwed out of, I've now gone like 7-8 tickets in a row without hitting anything. I tried my best hitter, my best switch hitter, a 3.5 star scrub and a 1.5 star scrub. The weaker hitters hit shorter fly balls but they still always go beyond the red zone and (in my case) miss the yellow zone. What are the first three zones there for if you can't hit one short enough to land in them?

Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • JPro2992JPro2992 Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    Sudaka said:
    Sorry, I don't understand. Can you control the direction, either at the Dinger or the Clash? Please advice
    Essentially you can. Just like a real life hitter is more known to hit in certain directions. Depending on either righty or lefty hitter, you either hit the ball sooner or later for a “pull”. Play target bash or home run battles to practice which way each hitter can hit 
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    If it hits the wall in the zone and lands in the red it’s considered an out 🙃