So, If You Land A Prime Player, How Do You Level With No PxP? Just Spend More Money?

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
Forgive me as I didn’t start playing last year until legends were out. By that time, there were both 300 and 500 gold boxes you could get in the store for XP.

Is the goal this year to make us buy this 1,000 or so at a time in $10-$20 purchases? If so, my gosh. May as well quit now. I’m not doing that, especially when you need 100K PxP just to get to G10

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Short answer: yes.
    Long answer: affirmative.

There is PXP available, but there will be a stranglehold on it for a while.

Edit: By "a while", I mean probably at least a month, more likely 2.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
     Not sure how you or anyone else didn’t see this coming. I was just hoping we were a few weeks away. 
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Just trade in player for the xp.  Future you will thank you.
    edited June 2020
    I like to stick them in my inactives, and stare at them at least once/day.  Then again, I may be a masochist...

Edit: I forgot the adverb there.  Angrily, or helplessly.  Take your pick.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Godd*mn, there is a prime improve box but it has equal chances of getting EVO.  wtf?
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    And some people wonder why I didn’t want primes. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
     Not sure how you or anyone else didn’t see this coming. I was just hoping we were a few weeks away. 
    100% 😭 I told myself I'd be done when primes drop, let's see if this quit attempt works. 7,652nd times the charm?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    100% 😭 I told myself I'd be done when primes drop, let's see if this quit attempt works. 7,652nd times the charm?
    🐎.💩.  You will never quit.  You are just a weak-willed as me. 😁
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Just because primes are out doesn't mean you need the first wave of them.  I pulled the very first legend last year, never leveled him, didn't miss a beat. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Patience is key. Long way till 2021. My top priority is keeper/legend skills. After that, I'll reevaluate priorities. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’m happy primes are here I just hate the odds feel like the odds were better last year. My Memory is bad tho. I’ll probably chase Stanton anyway just gotta wait until I get home with good WiFi. I feel like bad signal messes with the rng... I know it probably doesn’t but to risky lol So I’ll report back later on how many boxes it takes 😳
    Metsicans said:
    Just because primes are out doesn't mean you need the first wave of them.  I pulled the very first legend last year, never leveled him, didn't miss a beat. 
    For sure.  The first lxp I spent last year was on my 4th or 5th legend of the year.  By then I had enough built up to take him to G10.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    You can do it!  It's double gold and I haven't watched one video, in fact, I haven't played at all today.  Opened the game up to see what was in the boxes and WoH, saw that it was all something I could easily find at the city dump, then closed the game.  I love that my drive for this game is diminishing, and I hope one day it does for you.
    Just no.  
    You can do it!  It's double gold and I haven't watched one video, in fact, I haven't played at all today.  Opened the game up to see what was in the boxes and WoH, saw that it was all something I could easily find at the city dump, then closed the game.  I love that my drive for this game is diminishing, and I hope one day it does for you.
    That’s great man! Really.. I wish I could figure out how to do the same. Strangest addiction ever. 
    That's awesome!! I think I found my way out
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Second box and BAM!!!now I gotta wait a month to level him🤣
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I learned this the hard way last year, so here's a tip for the rookies out there - if you don't have enough PXP to cap your prime player, just trade them in after the event and move on.  Do not "work on a player", meaning slowly level them up as you get more PXP - this is never a good idea, because by the time you get him levelled, he'll be obsolete already.  My plan is to hoard what small amounts of PXP I can and build up enough that I can start cycle capping WOH rewards some day. 
    Well.....  247 boxes purchased and no Stanton. Absolutely egregious!!! Unacceptable man.. damn. Idk what to say but I’ve seen this game change so much and this is just another example. Something is wrong if you can buy that many boxes and not get the player. In years past you used to be able chase a player at 1% with 30 or 40k gold 9 times out of 10 and obtain the player. I know I done it every weekend. Idc what anyone says the boxes are not the same this year. I’m changing the way I play because it’s no longer practical to chase players. Set a limit and take what the game gives me 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Well.....  247 boxes purchased and no Stanton. Absolutely egregious!!! Unacceptable man.. damn. Idk what to say but I’ve seen this game change so much and this is just another example. Something is wrong if you can buy that many boxes and not get the player. In years past you used to be able chase a player at 1% with 30 or 40k gold 9 times out of 10 and obtain the player. I know I done it every weekend. Idc what anyone says the boxes are not the same this year. I’m changing the way I play because it’s no longer practical to chase players. Set a limit and take what the game gives me 🤷🏻‍♂️
    On the bright side, you should have at least 7K PXP now 
    Around 90k pxp 😏
    Around 90k pxp 😏
    😍
    Welp... I all but gave up for the weekend tapped out of gold that I had been saving did not want to grind anymore videos and start over or buy any... you know the story. 
    Decided to check on my last cvc.. I won.. and got Stanton out of the second box. 249th box on the day.
    Kinda makes you wonder if I would have pulled him from cvc all along?  Bitter sweet 🤔 hindsight is 20/20. Regardless today has changed how I will play going forward  the days of “somewhat” consistently being able to chase a player are over. At least for me. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Go diamond @mythicaldragon . We cant afford to level primes anyways, the benefit of being diamond for now means you dont chase Box primes because its not affordable to level them.. That is unless you wanna spend $500+ in pxp specials.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So GLU now has PxP boxes in the store.....but with EVO in the box, despite the fact that EVO has it's OWN box. 

Can these unethical bastards make it more obvious?  Jeezum...

A few weeks ago I was piling XP to potentially go Plat. I was about 3K from what I wanted to spend and I had the players I wanted. I decided to try 10 BxP boxes.  Out of the 10 boxes, I got 19,000 cash 5 times, Evo 4 times, and the lowest BxP option ONCE.

And now I'm reading this wasn't how this went years prior.

The cost of resources just doubled or tripled with the 2020 version. That's just brutal, but someone will pay it, unfortunately.

Remember folks: We are all in this together!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

So GLU now has PxP boxes in the store.....but with EVO in the box, despite the fact that EVO has it's OWN box. 

Can these unethical bastards make it more obvious?  Jeezum...

A few weeks ago I was piling XP to potentially go Plat. I was about 3K from what I wanted to spend and I had the players I wanted. I decided to try 10 BxP boxes.  Out of the 10 boxes, I got 19,000 cash 5 times, Evo 4 times, and the lowest BxP option ONCE.

And now I'm reading this wasn't how this went years prior.

The cost of resources just doubled or tripled with the 2020 version. That's just brutal, but someone will pay it, unfortunately.

Remember folks: We are all in this together!

I agree with the sentiments, but why are you wasting gold on bxp boxes? That must be the least efficient way to get bxp ☹️ you're better off just buying boxes where you'll earn the bxp/bxp from players to trade in/bxp from repulls. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I know the "new" method, and agree. I just wanted to see what would happen if I tried to do it that way, that's all.

edited June 2020
    Even last year, the only XP box I ever touched was a few mega pxp boxes and a bunch of mega lxp boxes. Even those weren't great value ☹️ resource boxes are as big of a scam as any other scam these guys have going on 🤣
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Even last year, the only XP box I ever touched was a few mega pxp boxes and a bunch of mega lxp boxes. Even those weren't great value ☹️ resource boxes are as big of a scam as any other scam these guys have going on 🤣
    Colossal XP boxes were the only ones worth their weight imo. I wouldn’t touch those boxes they’re selling now 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    It sucks I pulled Kershaw. I don’t have enough PXP to level him to Platinum. What’s the break point for a repull to where it’s worth it? In other words, I level him to a certain level and for a repull I make it back.