So, If You Land A Prime Player, How Do You Level With No PxP? Just Spend More Money?

2Next

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Bearmeat said:
    Colossal XP boxes were the only ones worth their weight imo. I wouldn’t touch those boxes they’re selling now 
    Yeah, I smashed those. I think that's what I was thinking of -  few mega pxp during early primes, a few mega lxp, then almost all of the colossal lxp I could get  
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    If you had a choice between buying Prime XP boxes and stashing Evo and Prime or buying player boxes, stashing the repull xp from regular players and hoping for repull prime xp and the level bump.

Which method would you go? (disregarding the obvious to not chase prime players until you have accumulated enoguh Prime XP to begin with.)

Specifically wondering about this myself with Kershaw.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    it's killing me that you took Stanton to G10 but left his skills at 8/8 😎
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited June 2020
    dkarski87 said:
    Go diamond @mythicaldragon . We cant afford to level primes anyways, the benefit of being diamond for now means you dont chase Box primes because its not affordable to level them.. That is unless you wanna spend $500+ in pxp specials.
    Well that would be a definite deterrent to chase 😳. I realize silver/gold teams are becoming the minority. You look at most competitive clubs now and they are all diamond teams. I think they have just about officially achieved their goal of pushing most everyOne up to diamond.  Wanna compete and put up BIG points?.. you gotta be diamond. Wanna cycle woh like a monster?.. gotta be diamond. I get it.  Just can’t pull the trigger the game is for me still about being able to pull a top player and level him. That’s fun for me! I don’t really care about putting up billions of points right now or cycling woh on auto cruise.. So idk man... but hey I’m getting closer I made it to gold ! 🤣 That’s another story im yet to get into the short version is... gold = the juice is not worth the squeeze. Same issues I had in silver for the obvious reasons of pushing players to diamond. Blah blah 😒 gold is just more expensive.
    fatDaddy said:
    it's killing me that you took Stanton to G10 but left his skills at 8/8 😎

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    This is just very rough math, but it seems like it would take about 1 million gold to level a prime to d10 (just going by expected value of prime improve boxes). They're freezing out 99.9% of their customer base.

If it cost $100 instead of $10,000 to level a prime, they might actually get more than 20 or 30 guys to do it.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    For those that care, prime player repulls have been adjusted to mirror those of their bxp counterparts. For example, a d10 repull Belly now gets 22.3k pxp.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    proof or it didn't happen.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    DFBB said:
    For those that care, prime player repulls have been adjusted to mirror those of their bxp counterparts. For example, a d10 repull Belly now gets 22.3k pxp.
    That’s cool... but u still gotta be lucky enough to get a repull. Doesn’t seem logical 🙃
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    once the odds get better, it will be good. So we need to wait for legends to drop then primes will get bumped up to better pull rates
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    True.. true.. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    The increase in the repull values is incredibly valuable to anyone who regularly cycles WOH.  It means that you can either do fewer cycles to produce the same net return as last year, or do the same amount of cycles and bank a huge amount of excess PXP/LXP.  IMO this is the single most player beneficial thing that has come out this year.  Get those WOH lineups ready because once that first prime is available in WOH we're off to the races!
    When I decided to jump to diamond, I knew that early on, primes would NOT be in the cards. At least, not for me. My hope was that the early primes wouldn't be game changers. So far, so good. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Repulls for primes actually giving a decent amount bodes well later on when primes and exp become more plentiful.  Makes saving prime exp for a possible capping measure seem more attainable knowing I can replenish my exp.  At the very least they at least are giving a little bit for CvC wins
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Now if repulls PXP has been adjusted when is the trade in value going to be adjusted as well? For the amount it costs to level them the trade in value is soo... bad and totally needs to be bumped  
    edited June 2020
    Now if repulls PXP has been adjusted when is the trade in value going to be adjusted as well? For the amount it costs to level them the trade in value is soo... bad and totally needs to be bumped  
    Repull value and trade in value are one and the same.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Repulls and trade in values are based on the same algorithm, so they have both been significantly adjusted.  I believe that a repull is treated as a trade-in of your existing player (say D9) and is replaced by a player one level higher (say D10).  So the XP you get for a repull is always equal to the trade-in value of the player before the repull (D9).  The one exception to this rule is when your repull jumps you up to the next level, say from P10 to D1 - in that case, the repull will be based on the value of the D1 player, not the P10 player.  For this reason, if you don't plan on capping a player, its generally smart to level players to X10 so that you get maximum value on your repulls - this also saves you gold and evo.