This game is growing stale

KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
Before I go on my rant, keep in mind I am a 99K gold VIP team in a solo club. 

Reasons:

1. The box odds are just terrible, which gives me no desire to go chasing players because the risk of blowing through a mountain of gold and potentially have nothing to show for it.

2. Because the box odds are terrible and I’m dissuaded from spending gold, I have no desire to grind videos to build up my gold reserves. I haven’t watched a single video during double gold weekend, which is extremely rare for me. If my gold gets me essentially nothing in return, what’s the point? The value of gold has been extremely diminished this year which is discouraging.

3. This, to me, is the biggest reason why the game has grown stale. WOH has become a chore and the player is RARELY worth the effort. I beat it once this weekend and I’m not even sure why. 9 out of 10 times the player doesn’t make my team and I don’t care to level them past b1. I miss the days when the WOH reward was worth the chase. The watered down WOH reward goes back to the issue with boxes. I used to get excited when I’d see a double stacked WOH player so i had something to chase. Not anymore. Normally when a player like this week’s Freddie Freeman popped up, I’d HAVE to have that player to help me beat WOH. Because the WOH reward isn’t worth having, the players in the boxes aren’t worth chasing.

4. Not only is the WOH reward terrible, but EVERY reward in the game is terrible. This weekend I worked my way to tier 5 for the 200 gold and called it good there. Tourney rewards suck, slugfest rewards suck, prime  event rewards suck... so where am I being incentivized? 

5. What this all boils down to: GREED. It has become painfully obvious that Glu is catering this game to the 1% of their population: the whales. They are pushing us all to go diamond. If you cave in and do that, you better play the game for 8 hours a day or prepare to spend whale-like money to keep up. 

There’s so much more I could say on these topics, but I’ll leave it there. I’m not so much looking for advice as I am just wanting to b**ch and post this in hopes of Glu seeing it. I don’t want to walk away from the game, but with the way this game is trending, it’s not looking pretty for players like me. I know I am a drop in the bucket, but I’d like to think there are hundreds, potentially thousands, of others who have a similar stance and mindset on the game. Wake up, Glu...

Comments

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    Before I go on my rant, keep in mind I am a 99K gold VIP team in a solo club. 

Reasons:

1. The box odds are just terrible, which gives me no desire to go chasing players because the risk of blowing through a mountain of gold and potentially have nothing to show for it.

2. Because the box odds are terrible and I’m dissuaded from spending gold, I have no desire to grind videos to build up my gold reserves. I haven’t watched a single video during double gold weekend, which is extremely rare for me. If my gold gets me essentially nothing in return, what’s the point? The value of gold has been extremely diminished this year which is discouraging.

3. This, to me, is the biggest reason why the game has grown stale. WOH has become a chore and the player is RARELY worth the effort. I beat it once this weekend and I’m not even sure why. 9 out of 10 times the player doesn’t make my team and I don’t care to level them past b1. I miss the days when the WOH reward was worth the chase. The watered down WOH reward goes back to the issue with boxes. I used to get excited when I’d see a double stacked WOH player so i had something to chase. Not anymore. Normally when a player like this week’s Freddie Freeman popped up, I’d HAVE to have that player to help me beat WOH. Because the WOH reward isn’t worth having, the players in the boxes aren’t worth chasing.

4. Not only is the WOH reward terrible, but EVERY reward in the game is terrible. This weekend I worked my way to tier 5 for the 200 gold and called it good there. Tourney rewards suck, slugfest rewards suck, prime  event rewards suck... so where am I being incentivized? 

5. What this all boils down to: GREED. It has become painfully obvious that Glu is catering this game to the 1% of their population: the whales. They are pushing us all to go diamond. If you cave in and do that, you better play the game for 8 hours a day or prepare to spend whale-like money to keep up. 

There’s so much more I could say on these topics, but I’ll leave it there. I’m not so much looking for advice as I am just wanting to b**ch and post this in hopes of Glu seeing it. I don’t want to walk away from the game, but with the way this game is trending, it’s not looking pretty for players like me. I know I am a drop in the bucket, but I’d like to think there are hundreds, potentially thousands, of others who have a similar stance and mindset on the game. Wake up, Glu...
    100% correct! 👍🏼
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @KCTribe I agree with you on all points, especially with diminished value of gold. It's the one resource that has been hotly sought after in years past because of how hard it was to come by and how expensive it was. Now you can pick up a huge chunk of gold for less than $10 with player boxes thrown in. As a staunch F2P player, the devaluing of gold actually has hurt me because of as you said horrible odds and less than desired players in boxes and in particular WoH player being horrendous. Perhaps this is by design to force players like me to loosen the strangle hold of my wallet. Actually this does the reverse. Odds are crappy and WoH player sucks what's the point in spending my real life money for crap or nothing at all. Kinda like buying up shares in a company that's going out of business. Just going to lose your money. Taking my valuable time to grind out videos to watch it grow into a mountain but not wanting to use it because odds are very great that I will get nothing in return for it seems foolish to me. Even if I was lucky enough to get a prime player, I would just trade in for pxp because by the time I level him up there would be much better primes available
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Bingo @Toughthundercats. Glad I’m not alone here. Why spend valuable time mining gold when it’s inevitably washed down the drain? Crap odds for crap players that minimally improve my team, or not at all. They expect us to get excited about chasing 380 prime players when we have to beg on our hands and knees for prime xp? Gtfoh Glu. I’m not falling into that trap. Just another design based on greed.
    You bring up some excellent points @Hata. Being in a solo club certainly doesn’t help the stale feeling. I blame that on wanting the CvC rewards all to myself 🤷🏻‍♂️ to me the CvC rewards FAR outweigh the event rewards. It’s not even close. If the imbalance of CvC rewards weren’t so in favor of MVP/high score, I have no doubt I’d be in a competitive club and maybe have a different sentiment. If Glu’s focus really is “club cohesion” then the CvC imbalance completely ruins that initiative.
    Irony at its finest. As soon as I berate Glu for releasing prime players and putting a stranglehold on pxp look what I get from the next CvC 😂
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Hata said:
    I agree with a lot of what you said.

One thing I want to bring up though, and I believe this does make a big difference.
    You being in a solo club.
    There is a big part of this game, the social aspect, that definitely helps with the stale feeling. Having a good group of guys. We chat in game about sports and other stuff. As a club, we are platinum tier and a consistent top 10. You can be happy for buddies in club that get good pulls, have strong weekends etc.

Yes, there are BIG issues with the game, however, there are also plenty of positives about the game.
    Not having live baseball definitely hurts the game not having relevant boosts and skills and feature players/teams.
    That said, ALL sports games become very stale, they always reach a point of "wash, rinse, repeat" if you don't factor in the social aspect OR have outside of the game/live league events to affect the minutiae.

As it is right now, we all want feature players with the best skills, even distribution of teams and players and positions. It's not easy to accomplish, to make everyone happy. they release a 3b and everyone has one, then a 1st base and everyone has one. It never ends.
    When you bring in live baseball, it adds randomness that is so key to games not becoming stale.
    A player on a team lights it up over the weekend, he becomes the WOH reward and has skills relevant to his stats that season. Certain teams get hot and get featured more and more. You can't complain about awesome or shitty skill combos for players if they are actually based on his real life stats that previous day/week/month etc.

So many people want a "perfect" game. It's never going to happen. It's impossible to please absolutely everyone.
    I understand what you are saying but you are kind of missing the point a little bit. It's not truly about adding in real life baseball. I get what you are saying about it keeping the game fresh but that's one angle that Glu can't control. Glu can control other angles though. By devaluing gold and making box odds nearly impossible to get players but box odds are only small portion of the issue if they had decent players to offer with decent skills to go with the box odds I think there would be less complaining about the odds. You can't really go by skills as if you remember from last year Glu would offer horrendous skills that really didn't match up to the players stats and or changed skills after player boxes were put in the store and after many people obtained those players. Glu only offered the best skills just before they bumped players values up. Those skills were tailored mostly towards WoH. Glu can elevate a lot of the staleness until baseball returns. Yes, 380 primes are exciting, fresh and new but not when it'll take 3 months to save up the pxp to level them up because Glu is forcing everyone to pay through the nose for pxp. I'm sorry I'm in the boat that they should have skipped the primes and did the boosted bxp players like in 2018. That would have stirred excitement and the chase would have been on. Then offered Legends as soon as baseball started, to really stir excitement. It would've pumped value back into gold and made the boxes worth the odds.
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Glu, give us some pxp for our prime players.  Just for platinum,  we need almost 200k per player. No priime in season mode or daily contests. Very little is given out. VIP gifts should include  tons of prime xp. Thanks
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    25Jackie said:
    Glu, give us some pxp for our prime players.  Just for platinum,  we need almost 200k per player. No priime in season mode or daily contests. Very little is given out. VIP gifts should include  tons of prime xp. Thanks
    We did give you PxP.
    For a couple hundred bucks, you can get enough in the store!
    Now go chase that dozen or so bonus players so your club can compete today, then you can dump them tomorrow!
    You only win when you spend, and don’t forget to check your WiFi!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service