TSB20 In A Nutshell: I Pulled Prime Belli Last Night, But Can't Level Him Unless.....

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I drop tens of thousands of gold on PxP "deal boxes" that have a 50% chance of pulling EVO instead.  Keep in mind Evo has it's own effing boxes.  I can do this to get PxP in Fan rewards where there is ONE guarantee I'll get 12,500 after I drop 20K in gold.  There are also two other boxes that offer PxP on the way up there, but it is a 1 in 5 chance you get it. (Hint: You always pull the pennants or low BxP prize)

OR....

I can do what GLU really wants me to do, which is spend about $150-$200 bucks buying bundles in the store that have PxP in them.

But this won't change bc the whales spend it, while guys like me will just end up dumping Belli in a couple of weeks without using him, most likely.

Off the charts greed. Just blows 2019 away.
Will be neat to see how they end up topping this as the year goes on.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Just an FYI for all of you talking about the PXP pinch, it was like this last year as well if I remember correctly, and we were having the same discussions last year. It makes business sense they do this. There are those tappers out there that want something no one else does (D10 Prime players) and are willing to spend whatever it takes to get there. This PXP squeeze will continue for the foreseeable future.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I pulled him too and just traded him in for pxp.   I made the mistake last year of leveling the Monster May Josh Bell that dropped a couple weeks after primes became available and it crippled me trying to level him for a couple of weeks and he was nearly obsolete by the time I did.  Of course I am diamond so its different from me.   Bottom line is I look at it as a new shiny product that gets released that I am willing to wait it out for the initial price drop.   The difficulty to level primes initially is nothing new to this version.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Thanks for the info, gents! Will weigh options today if Royale sucks.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    That Monster May Bell indeed was a monster for a while at Silver. It al depends on ur team level. I’ve pulled all 3 primes that have been released this year so far, but decided against leveling Stanton. I am again holding out in Silver cuz I enjoy leveling those shiny new toys! I’ve stated for the past couple of seasons I believe Glu should make the Primes the easiest player to pull. They can then make a killing on those $hitty PXP boxes. I’m prob in the minority here, but I don’t chase the primes-rather they find me from CvC wins of those 19.99 and under specials I purchase. Anyone willing to chase a player with less than rational odds gets what they deserve. These 380 guys will be very soon obsolete and therefore putting 100k+ PXP into them just seems plain foolish to me at this point. Diamond guys don’t even need these toys to cycle or accomplish much these days. Once Primes are the reward for WoH, you platinum and diamond guys will be swimming in PXP. Unfortunately for us, Glu does know how to keep the addicts feening for more...
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    turns out hes rhp,leadoff. glu just went from me spending 55k gold to 0
    Yeah, that's a shame.  I would have really wanted him if that skill had been 1st pitch.  There's nobody else in that box that I feel compelled to go after.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    So basically you diamond players wait until atg’s drop to start playing and obtain players for 21... so you can wait until atg season to start playing again 🤔
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Once primes are the reward in woh it’s not as difficult, but till then you just wait till you have enough to cap a prime on the weekend 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Early on, leveling primes isn't for everyone. I've accepted it, but it appears many are in denial. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    So basically you diamond players wait until atg’s drop to start playing and obtain players for 21... so you can wait until atg season to start playing again 🤔
    not really sure what this means.   Personally I play daily in diamond and have a blast doing it.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    Should the PXP that I am accumulating now be used to level a future prime player or for skills of one of my BXP players?
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    not really sure what this means.   Personally I play daily in diamond and have a blast doing it.
    It was an attempt at a joke... aimed at the expense of leveling players. 🤷🏻‍♂️